Terminator Salvation = Awesome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Girlfriend and I saw it tonight, and thought it was pretty good, not as bad as were afraid it would be from the reviews. Very uneven. A lot of stuff to like about it and a lot that didn't work.

I really enjoyed the extended action sequence from the middle of the film with the Harvester, the moto-Terminators and the aerial battle. I would have been happier to have more of this sort of thing in the film as it actually broke new ground in the series.

I thought the final show down was okay, was a little too derivative of the precious films. Enjoyed the high-profile cameo for what it was.

The "sacrifice" at the end of the film was pretty hokey, and was totally unnecessary.

Bale was alright, but he didn't have much to do as Connor. Worthington and Yelchin were much more fun, and Helena Bonham-Carter's turn in the film was nice, especially in the later parts of the film.

Would have like to have seen more Terminators in the film. You'd think for $200 mil we could have had a scene of hundreds of endoskeletons charging over the horizon....

B/B-, solidly the third best film in the series (though it would have had to really work to be much worse than T-3).

Though
Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw this film last night... And I'm sorry, but it was pathetic. Anyone that says it was good is either bandwagon Terminator fans or just simple and happy to be entertained by eye candy... The film was as bad as wolverine... The film would have been better without the Marcus character and Helen Bohner Carter's character/isation. The editing was sloppy in terms of plot passing & holes.

So McG is a lair! A fan should try to develope the story as it was originally conceived and presented... Not add all the BS he did! I agree with Harry at ACIN, despite his usually "this movie affected me and my growth as an gingernut fanboy in this way... thanks to my father and..." all the other stuff he always goes on about, This movie only need to do 3 things well... John finds Reese and becomes his protector, gives him the Photo of Sarah and gets the scars on his face... So remove Marcus from the story and the obsurd ending. Focus on the story of John & his Father... On John telling Reese about Sarah and instilling him with the image of the Hero she was. Sam Worthing was great in this show, don't get me wrong... but his character was rubbish.

Also, I felt no real development of character nor did I care for any of them... The only thing I liked about it was the T-600s & the battle with the T-800...Other than that the movie was a turkey... And I'll reiterate anyone that liked it... rewatch the first 2 and try and understand what the terminator films were about and how they were not just a mere action movie! They were deep layered films. Although I think they ruin Sarah's character that little bit in number 2... She was too insane & a loose canon! She should have been cool & controlled like she was in the end of the first film!

Last edited:
And another thing... Unless you are rbooting a fanchise that has a cracking theme... use it! The robotic heart beat theme was played throughout the first 2 and it really set the mood of the films... T3 & 4 both missed this.

Seriously Hollywood has to get the clueless directors out of the movie business! 200 million was wasted on what should have been an easy film to make properly!

One last think... I'm so angry at McG for BS that I'd seriously punch him square in the mouth for this turkey of a movie!!! Use you're real name too, you moron!

I saw TS earlier today, and I thought it was fantastic! Watched T1 + T2 the night before, so I was ready and excited to see this one. A worthy addition to the Terminator franchise, IMO. I loved the look of the future. Can't wait for the other films. Marcus was a great character. Sam Worthington did a great job. I thought Bale was fine.

Like others have said, it's not T1 or T2. But, I thought it was awesome. An 8/10 for me.

And...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I saw TS earlier today, and I thought it was fantastic! Watched T1 + T2 the night before, so I was ready and excited to see this one. A worthy addition to the Terminator franchise, IMO. I loved the look of the future. Can't wait for the other films. Marcus was a great character. Sam Worthington did a great job. I thought Bale was fine.

Like others have said, it's not T1 or T2. But, I thought it was awesome. An 8/10 for me.

Get out... You can not be serious?!?... it wasn't even a good film on to itself!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The film was horrible!:banghead

Thought I might change the subject and forgive me but I didn't wade through all of the "it's a good movie/bad movie" stuff but Hot Toys now have a body via Dutch for a skin covered T800. Once again sorry if this has been mentioned already.

Ok well, I saw the movie last night and...... it was an okay movie, not good or excellent. I mean there were some good scenes in the movie but it just could not help the whole movie.
For the characters, they were completely underdeveloped, mostly John Connor. Christian Bale is one of my favourite actors but sadly he did not do much in the movie. There was no connection with him whatsoever. The film obvioulsy was not interested in John Connor! The main focus was mostly on sam worthington, he does well I have to say, his american accent broke quite a lot. But sadly I think the marcus character was totally unnecessary.
Now this was meant to be a war movie. The movie did not feel like a war movie at all!! The only war scene (SPOLIER ALERT!!!!) was at the beginning, and that was it. And that was too short. In my opinion if McG wanted to take the terminator franchise into new territory he should of done this movie into a Blackhawk Down style of movie, now that would be something new and different compared to the last two. No good cyborgs needed. We should be following the humans - John Connor and the resistance in their struggle, pain, difficulty, death, adventurous and braveness, in their first ever triumph against Skynet. That was what the movie should of been. Not making connection and homage to the last 2, excluding the third of course.
I could go on writing lots but it has been already said in the last review replies above my one, but I dont agree with them saying it is rubbish.
Entertained but dissappointed, its an alright movie, pretty much the same feeling after seeing Iron Man last year.
But there is only one thing this movie succeeded in...... it was far better than goofy terminator 3.

Last edited:
Ok well, I saw the movie last night and...... it was an okay movie, not good or excellent. I mean there were some good scenes in the movie but it just could not help the whole movie.
For the characters, they were completely underdeveloped, mostly John Connor. Christian Bale is one of my favourite actors but sadly he did not do much in the movie. There was no connection with him whatsoever. The film obvioulsy was not interested in John Connor! The main focus was mostly on sam worthington, he does well I have to say, his american accent broke quite a lot. But sadly I think the marcus character was totally unnecessary.
Now this was meant to be a war movie. The movie did not feel like a war movie at all!! The only war scene (SPOLIER ALERT!!!!) was at the beginning, and that was it. And that was too short. In my opinion if McG wanted to take the terminator franchise into new territory he should of done this movie into a Blackhawk Down style of movie, now that would be something new and different compared to the last two. No good cyborgs needed. We should be following the humans - John Connor and the resistance in their struggle, pain, difficulty, death, adventurous and braveness, in their first ever triumph against Skynet. That was what the movie should of been. Not making connection and homage to the last 2, excluding the third of course.
I could go on writing lots but it has been already said in the last review replies above my one, and I agree with them.
Entertained but dissappointed, for me that is. But there is only one thing this movie succeeded in...... it was far better than goofy terminator 3.

That "Black Hawk Down" approach is what i was thinking this movie needed as well, hell throw in Ridley Scott while your at it, no McG..not ever again.

That "Black Hawk Down" approach is what i was thinking this movie needed as well, hell throw in Ridley Scott while your at it, no McG..not ever again.

Thats it Valfar, its good to hear you think so as well. I heard ages ago that Ridley Scott was approached or was thinking of doing a terminator movie set in the future.
But since seeing salvation, I think its time to let the terminator franchise lay in its bed and rest gracefully.

Saw it yesterday i`ll give it 7.5 - 10.

Some things are just BAD.

The editing SUCKS, looks like if it was done by a 10 year old kid.
Too few endos.
Too many Terminator-whatever (moto-terminator, those water things, the little flying discs).
Spoiler Spoiler:

But it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then T3, and it was fun. Marcus character is awesome.

I think i actually preffered T3. I know T3 got most of the timeline wrong but at least most things were explained.

TS was OK....not great. Of the 4 movies I have seen in the past month it was the least entertaining.....

1 Star Trek
2 Wolverine
3 Angels and Demons
4 TS

I'm not a fan of any of the above....but Star Trek is by far the best of that list.

Give it up dude, you've made your point.

Aww am I making all you new Terminator fans cry?

The way some of you are taking offense is like you were all part of the development process.

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree, both the story and TX were about as lame as it gets. Stupid ass movie ................ Arnies an idiot for doing it too.

Arnie got paid a large sum of money. He took JC's advice. Do it but only for a load of cash. I think most people would do the same.

I`ve watched it yesterday and i liked it a lot ! Despite the critics the overall movie has left me satisfied .All the new hunter stuff was aweasome !!! I`m in thoughts to go to the theaters for a second time.!!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back