Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

But I have to admitt im not a huge fan of darrens arnold sculpt like everybody else. The face just looks to stretched or elongated.

I think it was the best until Tankman's headsculpt for NECA. That sculpt, with the finishing touches of Hot Toys or Enterbay would be my ideal.

It looks good! But youre right it could use some shading, especially around arnies cheek bones.

EDIT: But I have to admitt im not a huge fan of darrens arnold sculpt like everybody else. The face just looks to stretched or elongated.

His sculpt is SS sculpt with a better sculpted neck. The rest is all SS. I think it fits T2 perfect.

His sculpt is SS sculpt with a better sculpted neck. The rest is all SS. I think it fits T2 perfect.

thank god we have someone here who knows what he is talking about. i think andy bergholtz deserve most of the credit here

Here is an upgrade that I did to my T2 pieces. ONEYE was nice enough to hook me up with 2 pairs of rubber legs. Here is the result ...............

IMG_5340.jpg

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_5343.jpg

I still have some futzing to do but I am very impressed with the build it adds. I highly reccomend this technique. I just need to loosen the pants a bit I think, my Terminators will always be "WIP".

Hey man, why did you take those pictures down?!:confused: I liked watching them every now and then.:(

thank god we have someone here who knows what he is talking about. i think andy bergholtz deserve most of the credit here

I knew this is a variation of the Bergholtz sculpt. Not saying Darren's is better, but I just like it more. There is a little tweaking on the face. But, I'm still keeping the Andy B. I repainted. It's a great sculpt! I will also get the NECA one as well if I find the figure at a discounted price. Why not have all of them?:D

Last edited:

ur also speaking my language. afterall t-800 are built in an assembly line. the most arnie sculpts the better

NECA just has the overall shape of his head and the haircut down much better than the Sideshow. Even with the cop-out of not painting eyes underneath the sunglasses it manages to look more accurate and less of that T1 animatronic bust feel about it that Sideshows dead, off white eyes and shiny face has. And the Elvis hair. I used to like that sculpt but not anymore. No offense to anyone who still holds it dear.

Hey man, why did you take those pictures down?!:confused: I liked watching them every now and then.:(

Sorry dude, I'm not sure what happenned. I'm without a personal computer right now but when I get an opportunity I will be sure to repost everything.

NECA just has the overall shape of his head and the haircut down much better than the Sideshow. Even with the cop-out of not painting eyes underneath the sunglasses it manages to look more accurate and less of that T1 animatronic bust feel about it that Sideshows dead, off white eyes and shiny face has. And the Elvis hair. I used to like that sculpt but not anymore. No offense to anyone who still holds it dear.

And doesn't look a thing like Arnold :lol

why does a-dev feel the need to overrate the tankman hs while evilface feels the need to stomp on it?.....

i like both the more arnies the better

Eye of the beholder indeed, although I can't fathom how anyone can say Tankmans sculpt looks ''nothing'' like Arnie. He was possibly joking though.

Sideshows arnold sculpt is pretty garbage!

Saw the NECA version today and it looks better inperson. Will pick one up eventually to see the potential. I'm looking forward to the battle-damaged version with gatlin gun.:banana

i think the minigun will only come with the 7" versions the 12" ones only come with the battle damage m79

Sideshows arnold sculpt is pretty garbage!

The factory paint and maybe hair is the only thing you could fault this sculpt for. IMO its still the best 1/6 Arnold sculpt out there (T2) I have 2 repainted and they look completely different. Andy B did a great job.

I don't know why but for me the hair is majorly important. So SS's head really falls down here. It looks like an elvis quif at the front moreso than 'spiked' hair and it creates a shape at the back of the head which just doesn't look like what Arnie had in the film. It should be more like what Tankman did, creating almost a continous straight line down the back really adding to the bull-like appearance of the neck. Darren recognised the problem with the original SS neck (well before I was ever aware of how important it was to the Arnie likeness) but I'm not sure he did anything to the hair to make it more Arnie. Combined with the fact that it also needs a repaint to bring it alive the SS sculpt, to me, loses out to the Tankmans sculpt which only needs a repaint. It got everything else right.

how do you guys do this figures?

I don't know why but for me the hair is majorly important. So SS's head really falls down here. It looks like an elvis quif at the front moreso than 'spiked' hair and it creates a shape at the back of the head which just doesn't look like what Arnie had in the film. It should be more like what Tankman did, creating almost a continuous straight line down the back really adding to the bull-like appearance of the neck. Darren recognised the problem with the original SS neck (well before I was ever aware of how important it was to the Arnie likeness) but I'm not sure he did anything to the hair to make it more Arnie. Combined with the fact that it also needs a repaint to bring it alive the SS sculpt, to me, loses out to the Tankmans sculpt which only needs a repaint. It got everything else right.

Ok, I'll join the game (even though I like all three sculpts). Tankman's isn't that perfect like you say a-dev. Looking at it from the front, it's near perfection, but from the profile it's wrong. The jaw bone structure is way too prominent and the chin sticks way too much forward (Arnie does have a power jaw, but this was too much). Also, looking at it from the profile point of view, the peak of the nose points downwards, which is something the real Arnie doesn't have. Here's the picture that you posted where I noticed those flaws:

DSC09380.jpg

But you are right about the SSC Arnie's hair. It falls on the back giving it a weird head shape. However, I'm not sure, but I believe Darren also fixed that a little bit on his version. Not completely, but a bit. I'll try and take some profile pictures of Darren's and SSC's next to each other to see if there's a difference.

The factory paint and maybe hair is the only thing you could fault this sculpt for. IMO its still the best 1/6 Arnold sculpt out there (T2) I have 2 repainted and they look completely different. Andy B did a great job.

pics? :naughty

Back