Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

Well I would like to build the ultimate Terminator but I need help finding a part. I am looking for some 2mm metal spring tubing, like the ones used on the Hot Toys and the Aoshima endoskeletons..

I have checked out some hobby shops but no luck.

Any help wouldbe great.

Keep asking around and someone will be able to help you.

I know many are going with Soldier Story and TT bodies, but I love how the ACE looks. I don't think it's to bulky at all. This is still a WIP thanks to all you great people on this board for being so inspirational:banghead.
2jfhvtl.jpg

mine is on an ace as well & i like the look of it too. very nice job.

is there any site where u can still get them biker clothes

Well I would like to build the ultimate Terminator but I need help finding a part. I am looking for some 2mm metal spring tubing, like the ones used on the Hot Toys and the Aoshima endoskeletons..

I have checked out some hobby shops but no luck.

Any help wouldbe great.

Guitar strings... from any music store.
Dizzy

mine is on an ace as well & i like the look of it too. very nice job.

I'm using an Ace body for mine as well... but whereas the torso looks good, his legs seem a bit too big for the pants I'm using (going for a T1 look with the green fatigues and leather jacket).

I have some TrueTypes now so when I get the head back from Josh I'll try a couple different combos to see which I like best.

I'm using an Ace body for mine as well... but whereas the torso looks good, his legs seem a bit too big for the pants I'm using (going for a T1 look with the green fatigues and leather jacket).

I have some TrueTypes now so when I get the head back from Josh I'll try a couple different combos to see which I like best.

i was worried a bit about the legs for the sat toys set but the ace fit perfectly IMHO. but the ace for other applications needs big pants for sure.

The Jacket fits just fine... but the pants I found are from Dragon and with the tight fit (actually dremmeled down the body a bit to get them on) and the long leg length throws the proportions off.

The Ace is a great option though if going for a shirtless character, but you still want to retain articulation.

Just need a carabiner and a few tassles to add to the left epaulet and it's done! I may one day send it Sov Shawn to add studs. Right now they are painted over leather patches.

atn-3-1.jpg

Just need a carabiner and a few tassles to add to the left epaulet and it's done! I may one day send it Sov Shawn to add studs. Right now they are painted over leather patches.

atn-3-1.jpg

Not been a big fan of the T1 arnie look in 1/6th . . . till now

Best T1 arnie Ive seen to date the sculpts bob on

Is that one of Glenns touches ?

Pjam sell me that thing, PLEASE? :D

:rotfl You wish, Rory. Hehe..

Here's a shot from the side. I made a temp Mod, wrapped black tape around the epaulet to tighten the chain up there for more screen accuracy. What I will do is slip a carabiner inside, tape it over then add tassles to the end. You can see the patch on back done by DA. With real looking studs, it would complete the piece.

atn1-1.jpg

Not been a big fan of the T1 arnie look in 1/6th . . . till now

Best T1 arnie Ive seen to date the sculpts bob on

Is that one of Glenns touches ?

Thanks Mooncat. Good eye there. Yes indeed, Glenn modded the gun sighting with an Led and inserted the switch on the body, below the right armpit. He actually built the contacts into the hand for removal but I don't want to mess with that, so the gun stays in the hand.

Last edited:

Take these photos to the T-800 premium format discussion and show them what a good Arnold sculpt looks like ;)

Is the patch just a piece of black patch material with white paint on it for the "studs"? I'll probably be trying this myself at some point.

Is the patch just a piece of black patch material with white paint on it for the "studs"? I'll probably be trying this myself at some point.

Yes. More or less. DA cut leather from his Navy GI issue gloves to make the patches. Then painted silver "studs" on it. Here's an older shot of it.

DSC04894.jpg

just amazing paul!!! i will never get tired of those pics.

Thanks Reiny! :rock

You just inspired me to take prolly the best pics I've ever taken of this. The light was just right here in L.A. (TermieLand). Anyway, showcases the Sculpt and amazing paintjob by Les.

"Sarah Connor?"
atn3.jpg

atn4.jpg

Last edited:

Pjam, PM Evilface and get your stand a custom "Terminator" decal made. It would be a nice touch.

Sell it to Roy ........................... do it ....................... seeeeeeeeeell it :emperor

Back