Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Building the ultimate Terminator T-800 figure.

looks great man. :rock
What did you use for the weathering ?

I used an acrylic paint called "Linen" (light brownish colour) a small paint brush, some water and my fingers. :D

It looks WAAAAAY better in person :banghead I hate my camera!

jacket is looking good man. my grenades should be here any day so i can finish up my bandolier.

O.k. I just finished weathering one of my jackets and painting the zipper silver. Thanks to all for the tips and pics, much appreciated. I have a lousy camera so I hope you can see the awesome detail, it turned out great!

IMG_5223.jpg

Man you did a great job weathering that jacket!
The terminator would say "excellent" :clap

Hey guys i'm building my own Terminator and have everything except boots. But i'm going for a BD Terminator with the M79 grenade launcher but don't know which under shirt to put on him. Do i use the grey one or black one. Any help would be apreciated.

Hey guys i'm building my own Terminator and have everything except boots. But i'm going for a BD Terminator with the M79 grenade launcher but don't know which under shirt to put on him. Do i use the grey one or black one. Any help would be apreciated.
i believe he used grey at that point in the film.

Alright that's what i thought and is what i have on him but i just saw a someone's custom on here and they had black on him. And one more question guys, i have asked this before but can't decide which boots to put on my custom so i will ask yall. If yall had to buy boots for yall's custom which boots would yall buy.

Alright that's what i thought and is what i have on him but i just saw a someone's custom on here and they had black on him. And one more question guys, i have asked this before but can't decide which boots to put on my custom so i will ask yall. If yall had to buy boots for yall's custom which boots would yall buy.

This is what I used for 2 of my customs ..............

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boots_Dragon_German_WWII_Luftwaffe_Pilot_p/d1094-m45.htm

They're cheap and look decent imo, just a little weathering to make them look more worn.

Alright and will these fit on a HT truetype body and is this site reliable?

Yes and yes very much so, just use a blow dryer on the boots for 30-40 seconds to soften them up and they will slide on very easily. So you're using a true type then? Good, just make sure to add padding to the chest area.

Yes and yes very much so, just use a blow dryer on the boots for 30-40 seconds to soften them up and they will slide on very easily. So you're using a true type then? Good, just make sure to add padding to the chest area.

Yeah i was thinking about using cotton balls, would you use that? And thanks for your help.

Yeah i was thinking about using cotton balls, would you use that? And thanks for your help.

I like to use an old sock believe it or not, it gives a nice consistent layer and you avoid any lumps. Please wash the sock first :lol So yeah i'd cut up a nice rectangular piece to wrap around his upper body once and then tape it down with duct tape. I've even used the fingers of a mitten (cut of course) to slide up around each leg to give them more bulk too.

Other have used cotton balls so i'd say try both and see what you like best. Oh and anytime man. :)

I like to use an old sock believe it or not, it gives a nice consistent layer and you avoid any lumps. Please wash the sock first :lol So yeah i'd cut up a nice rectangular piece to wrap around his upper body once and then tape it down with duct tape. I've even used the fingers of a mitten (cut of course) to slide up around each leg to give them more bulk too.

Other have used cotton balls so i'd say try both and see what you like best. Oh and anytime man. :)

Will do dude. BTW i would have never thought of doing that but it does make sense since cotton balls would be kind of lumpy.

Will do dude. BTW i would have never thought of doing that but it does make sense since cotton balls would be kind of lumpy.

Yeah I think way back I tried this and it didn't work for me but I know alot of guys here have had success. So do you have any progress shots of what you have so far?

Well I would like to build the ultimate Terminator but I need help finding a part. I am looking for some 2mm metal spring tubing, like the ones used on the Hot Toys and the Aoshima endoskeletons..

I have checked out some hobby shops but no luck.

Any help wouldbe great.

Back