Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, they're not 100% accurate and some of them even suffer from big quality problems as you said (clean version), nevertheless it seems that after a few years people sell them for 800/900$ (combat) or even more than 1000$ (clean).. this is one of the reasons why i'm pretty sure that this new bust won't lose its value in the next years. I've read a lot of discussions about accuracy. Some people prefer Sideshow, some others prefer HCG etc.. the truth is that every collectible will always have its haters or fans. In my humble opinion, and i don't want to convince you obviously, is that if it looks good then it's good. We are not talking about glaring faults or macroscopic inaccuracies... we are talking about details and details are just.... details indeed. :)

Thanks a lot mate! I totally agree with your thought.

Saying it will lose value is nonsense. Most collectable's these days tend to hold or gain value. I get that some may be annoyed its not totally accurate to t1 and if they choose not to buy it, that's fine. It is a very awesome looking endo, something I hoped they released years ago when they did the t600 bust.
I ended up getting the chinese torso version back then which i love. If i didn't have that, id definitely get this.
Infact, I might even sell it when I see some vids on this guy. Just depends if I feel its worth it...

Looking forward to seeing more on this .

Getting your money back on newer pieces is pretty hard IMO.
Pieces rising in value are few and far between.

This Bust, being open edition, won't go up any time soon.

Getting your money back on newer pieces is pretty hard IMO.
Pieces rising in value are few and far between.

This Bust, being open edition, won't go up any time soon.

The open edition could hurt it but in time, you will get pretty much what you paid. From my experience, I usually get what I paid, sometimes more.
Im after the mignola pf, thats gone up. The lobo pf has climbed and anything alien or predator is usually a safe bet.
Alot of the stuff ECC or cinemaquette are doing is going for more money now.

Swings and roundabouts .

Imo,this is the nicest endo bust ever created by any company, despite its innacuracies.The design is stunning.
It's a given there will be plenty of people enjoying this beautifull bust c79!Congrats on your purchase!

SARCASM????:cuckoo::dunno

Oh another question: Is this new T1 bust real chromed or only silverpainted?

The open edition could hurt it but in time, you will get pretty much what you paid. From my experience, I usually get what I paid, sometimes more.
Im after the mignola pf, thats gone up. The lobo pf has climbed and anything alien or predator is usually a safe bet.
Alot of the stuff ECC or cinemaquette are doing is going for more money now.

Swings and roundabouts .

they've been selling the 1:2 and 1:1 Endos for at least 10 years now. The very same could happen with this one. Value will drop like a new car right when it gets to the door step. This always happens to open ES items. Look at the whole LSF line excluding Wolf Pred. It's always best to wait for someone else to lose hundreds on it and then nab one.

they've been selling the 1:2 and 1:1 Endos for at least 10 years now. The very same could happen with this one. Value will drop like a new car right when it gets to the door step. This always happens to open ES items. Look at the whole LSF line excluding Wolf Pred. It's always best to wait for someone else to lose hundreds on it and then nab one.

Fair point. I do think its a little different here in the uk tho imo. Or maybe im missing all the bargains lol.

I don't see the appeal of this piece; it's more an artistic interpretation, feels off on so many levels. Prime 1 are coming out with stuff, and Chronicles Genisys bust is 100pcnt accurate in my book. An easy pass...

I don't see the appeal of this piece; it's more an artistic interpretation, feels off on so many levels. Prime 1 are coming out with stuff, and Chronicles Genisys bust is 100pcnt accurate in my book. An easy pass...

I owned the Chronicle Genisys bust, yes the sculpt is accurate, but the paint and the material used felt cheap. Definitely not worth the asking price.

View attachment 250701
View attachment 250699
View attachment 250691

This is a collection of pictures I've gathered, showing some of the differences between the T1, T2 and Sideshow EndoskulL.
This material, along with detailed descriptions, were sent to Sideshow in August last year. They were very positive about it - but well.. thet decided to change absolutely nothing.

the green details on picture 3 shows all the missing indents in the skull + the line running down the spine.

At that time they encouraged me to keep my order. But when it was getting closer to its release and no info or new pictures were shared, I didn't want to end up with a useless collectible, which I would then have to pay a fortune in import taxes for, and I canceled it. I lost about $100 in canceling-fee and the reward points I had used towards this purchase. An expensive lesson learned.

nice job and that is just the tip of the ice berg. The more you look at it the more wrong you see. Especially with the newer photos. they could maybe get away with calling it generic terminator, but sideshow insist on being very specific calling referring to the original film. so it stands to reason it should look like the endoskeleton as seen in the terminator. sideshow going on saying and I quote "reconstructed every detail of the iconic endoskeleton" is just lying.

i respect your point of view but frankly all this fussiness is not for me..

it is not a point of view. it is a fact, it is beyond inaccurate.
but pointing that out tends to make some people call you all sorts of things :lol

it is not a point of view. it is a fact, it is beyond inaccurate.

As you prefer, sir... but i don't change my opinion :) That said i hope that the next time i will read this 3d i will find some news about the bust and not the same ol' (respectable) critics... if you don't like it, don't buy it.. ;) Enough said.

As you prefer, sir... but i don't change my opinion :) That said i hope that the next time i will read this 3d i will find some news about the bust and not the same ol' (respectable) critics... if you don't like it, don't buy it.. ;) Enough said.

I haven't been complaining regarding this (stay away from the P2 maquette thread however ;)) But I just don't like seeing this last line, and we see it a lot. Nobody is trying to change your opinion, it's cool that you like it. But these things are sold as replicas of what we see on screen and they aren't cheap. If there are obvious differences between the screen props, and the $400-$2000 collectibles we are interested in buying of them, I don't really see why people shouldn't point them out. You could twist your own comment and say if you like it, cool, just buy it. But maybe don't visit forums if it might actually effect your enthusiasm as there will most definitely be people who aren't so easily pleased by almost there representations and they will be picking at the details in places like this. That is kind of what these forums are for, how else do we fill a year plus wait? But nobody wants to ruin anybody else's fun of course.

All that said, I like this for what it is, but I'm not planning on buying it.

I haven't been complaining regarding this (stay away from the P2 maquette thread however ;)) But I just don't like seeing this last line, and we see it a lot. Nobody is trying to change your opinion, it's cool that you like it. But these things are sold as replicas of what we see on screen and they aren't cheap. If there are obvious differences between the screen props, and the $400-$2000 collectibles we are interested in buying of them, I don't really see why people shouldn't point them out. You could twist your own comment and say if you like it, cool, just buy it. But maybe don't visit forums if it might actually effect your enthusiasm as there will most definitely be people who aren't so easily pleased by almost there representations and they will be picking at the details in places like this. That is kind of what these forums are for, how else do we fill a year plus wait? But nobody wants to ruin anybody else's fun of course.

All that said, I like this for what it is, but I'm not planning on buying it.

Yes Python but i'm just tired to read the same comment a million times. I think that we all have understood that some of us have problems with this collectible. Repeating the same things again and again and again and again will be useful to anyone?? In my humble opinion the answer is no. I read the forum to get some updates and previews about my favourite collectibles, an official 3d full of negative comments written by people who a) don't own the item b) will not buy the item, in my opinion doesn't help who is interested in the item itself. Do you think that i should change forum? I don't know, maybe you're right. Regards.

I think all forums are the same. I'm not saying you shouldn't visit them, just don't take such opinions to heart. I haven't been keeping up with this thread tbh, first time I've clicked on it in a fair old while. Bad aspects are probably an easy source of conversation which is why they are often repeated. I think people also genuinely hope changes will be made if the topic doesn't go away. We've seen it on rare occasions, other companies do it more regularly. Better that than a year of silence I guess, we just have to inject some positivity in there also.

Do I like seeing the same things repeated over and over again? No, I don't think most people do, but it has a purpose. Sometimes it's as simple as saving somebody from making a mistake in purchasing something. I have been swayed on occasion to not purchase something because lots of people point out the bad aspects of it. If I didn't love Terminator so much, this might be one of those instances. This is a nice piece, but I detest the inaccuracies. It is not what it is supposed to be. Yes, bill it as a generic Terminator, not as a T1 Terminator. I have a choice to buy or not to buy, it is true. Speaking up about the problems of this piece or any piece for that matter may have benefits in the far future if not in the near term future. Either a company listens and makes changes or maybe another company endeavors to do it right. Chronicle Collectibles wants T1 bad. Let them do it right. The licensor needs to see that there is dissatisfaction with the product. They need to see that people are tired of high end collectibles failing miserably to meet expectations.

Maybe I'm making a mistake buying this. It's another vote of approval that isn't warranted. Maybe that means things will remain the same. I hate that I'm of the mindset to get it now until something better comes along. It's not right. It's not like the references aren't there or the technology isn't there or it's some start up company's first go around. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's just as easy to do this right as do it wrong.

By all means......complain away.

Back