Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Said it already in the Jason thread, but Zod those pics are great. Much appreciated.

Awesome pics man he looks great, deff going to pre order this I was going to save and go with the cc 1:1 full size but he looks so static now if cc offered the one that they have at sdcc holding the gun I would have been all over it

Thanks, guys. It's pretty impressive in person. Hard to take a bad pic of it.

Then check out Chronicle Collectibles, their line of products released so far, and work behind it, and also the whole line of Terminator stuff being released right now.
And you'll be proven wrong ;)

When I said rarely, it was with Chronicle in mind. ;) I've known of them since they announced
the terror dog replica from Ghostbusters a while back. And their stuff is really in a league of
it's own, using original molds and props, working with original artists connected to the given
movies and such. I haven't yet seen any of their stuff in real life, but I'm sure people get quality
products from them.

Unfortunately Sideshow has created a situation for themselves where they really can't be trusted,
people are very sceptical every time they announce a new replica prop. And it's understandable,
after years of bad experiences. Their final products rarely matches the prototypes shown, and
from time to time they keep the real sources of their sculpts and molds a secret and tell people
some made-up stuff about it's origins. It's like they don't think anyone will notice or something..

Master Replicas Studio Scale (at-at, falcon, tie fighter)
EFX x-wing
Chronicle terminator bust

TIE is EFX :) And indeed these are good examples

They are some of the best Studio-Scale model replicas to date, that's for sure
- but even those have minor inaccuracies to them, some are paint-wise, some
have more heavy weathering than others and the Falcon has added details in the
cockpit, which wasn't on the original model.

But they are good examples of what can be achieved in a factory made product,
if you really care about the license and the customers.

Took some pics yesterday

Great pics :)

It's hard to make out the second port on the skull, It looks T2ish.
I noticed that on every official Sideshow photo they seem to hide
that part, and just show the edge. Would be interesting to know if that
part is at least T1. - But as the front port cover is clearly T2, I doubt it.

Also, it looks like the front port cover is positioned differently from the
prototype shown on Sideshows page, which has the little line in the inner
circle pointing straight up.

Unfortunately Sideshow has created a situation for themselves where they really can't be trusted,
people are very sceptical every time they announce a new replica prop. And it's understandable,
after years of bad experiences. Their final products rarely matches the prototypes shown, and
from time to time they keep the real sources of their sculpts and molds a secret and tell people
some made-up stuff about it's origins. It's like they don't think anyone will notice or something..

I agree with every single written word, unfortunately.
I'd so wish they listen to their customers, and that they research, or actually, simply USE the reference pictures and material they probably get from license providers.

This bust might have been literally one of THE BEST Terminator collectibles ever, especially since there is NO PROPER representation of the actual T1 Endoskeleton, and demand/interest for it is quite high. Instead, they made some kind of the (idealized) representation of the character, and it's not that bad, I wouldn't mind owning it, but it could have been THE collectible to get, right now, it's just "one of..".

I agree with every single written word, unfortunately.
I'd so wish they listen to their customers, and that they research, or actually, simply USE the reference pictures and material they probably get from license providers.

This bust might have been literally one of THE BEST Terminator collectibles ever, especially since there is NO PROPER representation of the actual T1 Endoskeleton, and demand/interest for it is quite high. Instead, they made some kind of the (idealized) representation of the character, and it's not that bad, I wouldn't mind owning it, but it could have been THE collectible to get, right now, it's just "one of..".

Yeah exactly, they had a unique chance to make an impressive endoskeleton
representing the original Terminator and give the fanbase a long sought after
replica - and then they go and do this.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome bust, the articulation is cool and getting
more than just the skull+neck is an excellent upgrade, but as long as it sports
the features it does, it just won't represent T1, which is a shame.

I bought it knowing that it will mostly represent what's seen in T2, which isn't
a bad thing, to me. I'll probably be able to fix some of the inaccuracies myself
(to match the original T2 that is) But it shouldn't be necessary. And it would
have been so cool to have a nice looking T1 standing next to the old T2 bust.

There's a lot of reference available, so it's hard to understand why they are going
through the trouble of letting Bigshot Toyworks sculpt an idealised T2-looking endo
and selling it as T1. Even the most recognisable features of the T1 endo isn't there.

It really boggles my mind :panic:

A quick glimpse of this bust at first glance & I was working out my finances for a pre-order. Now, after having time to scrutinise it properly, I'm no where near to a purchase.

Really looks like hash of Sideshow's previous busts & for that money I'd expect more than a few extra pieces that don't know which film they're quite from.

The thing that REALLY kills it for me are those neck pistons, they're not even connected to the main chassis if you look closely, they run from the head & the ends connect to some hosing which is why they're able to adjust their width. Physics alone suggests that they need to be connected to a stable base surface on the skeleton to be able to control the head movement.

I feel that if I could do the required research with Google, to achieve a decent level of accuracy with this product, then Sideshow need to do at least that to earn my money.

They are some of the best Studio-Scale model replicas to date, that's for sure
- but even those have minor inaccuracies to them, some are paint-wise, some
have more heavy weathering than others and the Falcon has added details in the
cockpit, which wasn't on the original model.

But they are good examples of what can be achieved in a factory made product,
if you really care about the license and the customers.

Of course they are not perfect, neither accuracy wise nor paint apps wise. On the AT-AT, Y-Wing, and Falcon they found a few more screen used parts but after they were released. The TIE and Falcon don't use real koolshade, Falcon size is also an issue, Snowspeeder is not even studio scale (except the one coming with the AT-AT SE), Y-Wing was made from more than one screen used models, and thus they all have their own minor accuracy issues. And list can go on and on. But they are excellent replicas.

If you want 90-95% accurate these are good. If you want 96-99% accuracy, then go fan made with real parts. As I said on SW prop threads, get a Graflex or MPP and the other necessary parts and turn them into Luke/Vader lightsabers, the same with some of the blasters. No MR or EFX replica will come even close to that. If you want a 100% accurate piece, you should go for screen used, and even then you might have the surprise to find them modified, the closest example that comes to mind are the Baptys, and thus it will not be 100%, maybe not even 98%.

I think SS is catering to a different market with this.

Rather than prop replica collectors, this is geared to those who want a giant, cool terminator bust and don't care that much about "accuracy".

I think SS is catering to a different market with this.

Rather than prop replica collectors, this is geared to those who want a giant, cool terminator bust and don't care that much about "accuracy".

Everything from Sideshow enters this category.

Which would be the exceptions? In the SW realm there is none.

Well most of their stuff through the years have been very cool, well thought through and well executed.. when they aren't trying to replicate a 1:1 movie prop, creature or costume, that is.

I believe the life-sized Alien3 Queen Facehugger was near perfect, sculptwise and paintwise. But maybe they just got lucky that once.

When they're having their own spin on something inspired by comics, animation etc. they do really great. Busts, statues, figures you name it.

Accuracy is just not their strength..

And yeah, their Star Wars products are no exception.

Sideshow made a lot of great pieces...the wolf predator mask,the Alien Warrior bust,the Predator 1 and Wolfbust,the Kroenenmask..all very good and accurate 1:1 props.
But in the last few years they are making more and more "self created" props.A good example is the new P2 mask.
Its not bad for collectors that are not looking so much on accuracy..but for the others its a nightmare!

Sideshow made a lot of great pieces...the wolf predator mask,the Alien Warrior bust,the Predator 1 and Wolfbust,the Kroenenmask..all very good and accurate 1:1 props.
But in the last few years they are making more and more "self created" props.A good example is the new P2 mask.
Its not bad for collectors that are not looking so much on accuracy..but for the others its a nightmare!

Yeah the Predator bust was extremely cool.
The Aliens Warrior bust was painted the wrong color (blue) and the tendons looked funny, not quite accurate, but otherwise great bust.

Yeah, the Predator 2 mask needed quite some resculpting on my part to get it to a more accurate state, and a new paintjob was definitely needed.

I liked how Sideshow got Matt Rose (the original Stan Winston artist) to sculpt their Predator mask from the first movie. That way it at least had some connection to the original work. That mask also needed some work afterwards, but that was mostly due to bad manufacturing and a horrible factory paintjob.

The last few years I've been investing in original screen-used props.. that way, I know I'm getting something completely accurate and unique. Unfortunately it also drains my wallet a lot faster.. :eek:

For Originalprops you must be very fast and having lots of money to get the really good props!:wink1:

Sideshow has something called "artistic interpretation". It's just a petty excuse not to make accurate stuff :lol

Back