Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Originalprops you must be very fast and having lots of money to get the really good props!:wink1:

Yeah, the most iconic items from the huge blockbusters go very fast, and cost a lot more than I could ever afford. It would also be a bit intimidating to have something like that in my living room, always fearing breaking something.

I've found some awesome props though, more in the 'background props' genre, and therefore not priced as high as others. But I know exactly where three of them are in the movie, and that's quite cool. :)

For a lot of you "prop" guys, I can see your point. I'm not that kind of collector though so this will do.

Here's the best video I've seen which show the details on this piece even if he's holding the camera wrong. Watch it in HD.

For a lot of you "prop" guys, I can see your point. I'm not that kind of collector though so this will do.

Here's the best video I've seen which show the details on this piece even if he's holding the camera wrong. Watch it in HD.

Thanks for linking to that video!.. been searching youtube every day of Comic Con for somebody to finally show the endo properly.

Man, I really, really hate when people record videos that way!.. but it shows the endo alright, and it's even more apparent now, that this endo has nothing T1 in it..

But hey, we get a not extremely accurate but cool looking T2 endo, and that's fine too.

The guy doing the vid should've asked them at the booth why they are advertising it as a T1 endo.. would have liked to hear their answer.. ;)

I wouldn't even call it close to T2 either. It's so deform it's not even funny. It's closer to the Terminator Salvation endoskeletons, which is several generations and warpage down the line. The concept is cool... the execution though must be said to have been found lacking.

Even my damaged one-piece soft foam endoskull is closer to T1 than this Sideshow piece.
yY9cxBu.jpg

Last edited:
Thought this bust was a joke when I first saw it. Turns out it really is. Truly awful. :lol

From a true expert on SF...

If I'm being honest, not good.

The Neck Pistons are splayed waaaay to wide along with the neck hoses. They should have gone back to Winston and gotten an original casting of the skull with the teeth cast into the head. The originals were vacuum metalized and had painted teeth.

In other words I hate the chicklet teeth look.

The eyes are an improvement, but the red lens is to large, so instead of gluing it on the surface, they hogged it out and inset it making the pupils way to large.

Jaw pistons have been re-worked and not screen accurate.

The neck has been reworked and not screen accurate.

Hose connectors and piston joints are not screen accurate.

It has a T2 skull if it's trying to be T1.

The corrigated line on the neck piston is something I invented fifteen years ago and not screen accurate.

Where the neck piston attached to the skull is not screen accurate.

Piston mount for the back shoulder pistons is not screen accurate.

That's just at a glance, want me to go on.....

Here's an image showcasing some missing details and what have you:
terrible_zpssvonpico.jpg

https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/Termivader/terrible_zpssvonpico.jpg

This bust is pure crap, period. And no one in their right mind would pay money for this kind of atrocity.

I think SS is catering to a different market with this.

Rather than prop replica collectors, this is geared to those who want a giant, cool terminator bust and don't care that much about "accuracy".

They are called "sheep".

Great first post calling people sheep :ohbfrank:

That's how you'll win a lot of friends around here :ignore:

Sorry for stating the obvious, I thought this board was created in order to discuss props, action figures, statues and/or busts...?
That is what I came to do, not to make friends or find a life partner. :)
One definition of sheep reads as follows: A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with group and allow god awful trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.

Creating a bust with the correct details and overall appearence would not make us miserable. Correct?
Creating a bust like this one; with so many errors does cause some misery. Which one is better?

Just because you don't appreciate accuracy does not mean the rest of us should suffer.

He sounds really mad at that statue!!!

And equally mad at the sky for being blue

I try collect from every great movie a good replica or prop.

The biggest miracle, if i want a good prop from the first terminator, i cant found anything.

Maybe im the only one, but i cant see in the Hot toys 1\4 endoskeleton the darker tone, first terminator. Maybe body is ok, but the head?...like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, ugly, wrong scaled water melon head. Enterbay try make a good endo figure, but this have canceled, because this ,,great" T1 endo beat out.

And what is the current final T1 prop? this not authentic, not screen accurate space robber - big rock with some silver paint and with two led....oh woa after 10 year the head can be articulated...what a upgrade...

The biggest effect what i think will be not a big deal, but sideshow smart ass artist never think in any big upgrade, just waiting for profit, to make articulated eyes or i will dare - with this word - motorized eyes - but no, we are sideshow, we making what we make, just pay. Maybe one time can ask the collectors, before start manufacturing items, because asking take no money...and maybe we get something better.

You guys sound like you're being forced to buy this. :lol There's no need to bait and try to insult the people that do like it.

Hopefully Chronicle will one day get the T1 license, it would be nice to see some other companies making 1:1 Terminator stuff.

This is a forum, where everybody can share whaterver negative or postive think about this piece.

Plus this is my self - standalone opinion without any attack and im respect other members opinion without any problem.:wink1:

You guys sound like you're being forced to buy this. :lol There's no need to bait and try to insult the people that do like it.

Hopefully Chronicle will one day get the T1 license, it would be nice to see some other companies making 1:1 Terminator stuff.

Sorry for stating the obvious, I thought this board was created in order to discuss props, action figures, statues and/or busts...?
That is what I came to do, not to make friends or find a life partner. :)
One definition of sheep reads as follows: A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with group and allow god awful trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.

Creating a bust with the correct details and overall appearence would not make us miserable. Correct?
Creating a bust like this one; with so many errors does cause some misery. Which one is better?

Just because you don't appreciate accuracy does not mean the rest of us should suffer.

And equally mad at the sky for being blue

I'm going to buy this just so you're miserable. I hope your misery lasts until the end of the world. :lol

Oh by the way, in your definition you use the word "imagination" which completely contradicts your entire argument. Imagination is why many of us can be happy with what we see.

Seriously though, some of you act like with this one egregious, loathesome act Sideshow is pulling here is going to be the cause of your end of days. You might as well kill yourself now then bud, as I'm going to go ahead and fill you in on a little secret in the collectibles world....nothing is perfect and 100% screen accurate. It doesn't exist. There will always be something that varies in the slightest details so your quest to find the ultimate Terminator collectible will more than likely go on for a while. Good luck to you though!

And helligab: Articulated, motorized eyes? Dude you're in lala-land if you think that will ever make it to a collectible. It's a bit too much to ask for man.

This is a forum, where everybody can share whaterver negative or postive think about this piece.

Plus this is my self - standalone opinion without any attack and im respect other members opinion without any problem.:wink1:

This forum also asks that you respect artists and companies producing these collectables regardless of your opinions :wink1:

Maybe you should take a look at the Code Of Conduct.

I'm no Terminator expert, though I collect a lot of it, I have the lifesize, CM's etc - but it is really frustrating when details are wrong. The one thing I am pretty sharp on - Predator - is constantly ****ed up by Sideshow there really is no excuse with the amount of reference material freely available for them to completely arse it up as bad as they do. Casual fans won't care or notice but if it's a real passion it's frustrating.

I'm no Terminator expert, though I collect a lot of it, I have the lifesize, CM's etc - but it is really frustrating when details are wrong. The one thing I am pretty sharp on - Predator - is constantly ****ed up by Sideshow there really is no excuse with the amount of reference material freely available for them to completely arse it up as bad as they do. Casual fans won't care or notice but if it's a real passion it's frustrating.

I'm just curious if you have a CM Pred? The inaccuracies are obviously intentional on that one, but that piece never gets the same flack that SS does for their inaccuracies with a Predator. From my point of view, I see no difference and one of them commands over a $3k price tag easily.

I do have the CM I love it except for the head / carapace which I think (despite the explanation from Steve Wang and all) really undermines it as the ultimate Predator piece. Again with the CM if you don't know the design choice nor are a dedicated Predator fan with OCD you mightn't notice or care.
I'm pretty casual on the Terminator front, all I thought when I first looked at this bust was finally they got the chest pistons right lol. I've always hated how the eyes light ups on these aren't screen accurate in the least but they all seem to be the same and it's not a deal breaker.

Back