Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. Am not an HUGE terminator fan so would not be picky on how accurate this is. Was thinking about the T2 head/bust from SS, but with this just being 2-300 bucks more, I might take a shot on it.

I think it looks great! And I can't wait 'till it shows up next year. :)

I'm not buying it as a 'The Terminator' replica, as it's clearly not a T-800 from the first movie,
that was clear from the very first teaser photo SS showed us, a lot of details are clearly T2.

I'm buying it because I've wanted a full-sized T-800 bust with more than just the neck portion
attached to a skull, well, since they released the T-600 bust from Salvation which had the chest
part, shoulders, pistons etc. I've often wished that my endoskull bust from 2009 had some
movability to it. And I wasn't very satisfied with the oversized port hole cover on that one.
And what we're getting here fulfills those wishes.

I really like that there's no plaque saying T1 on it - that way I won't have to think:
'NO that's a T2 endo!' everytime I look at it. I also like that they are letting Bigshot Toyworks
sculpt this new version, instead of using the same old moulds. I like the better defined details
in the temples on the skull compared to my 2009 version. The teeth look good, much better than
on the complete endos, but they might need some work to get perfect. The eyes will need some
'surgery' - the red lenses make it look like a toy robot. I hope I'll be able to use the same glass
lenses that I used to replace the lenses on my old endoskull bust.

It might need some adjustments here and there, but that has become quite the norm when ordering
from Sideshow these years. To get these licensed movie prop replicas closer to screen-accurate, often
requires some custom work and detailing, which just can't be achieved in a mass-produced factory item.

That said, Sideshow should definitely try to get their facts straight when releasing these things, try better
to get every detail on their prop replicas as accurate as possible, and have their people look closer at the
source material before starting to sculpt something or making a paint master for the factory to replicate.

Chronicle has mentioned having an original T1 skull that they could mold if they had the license. I bet we'll see something from them in the future.

Where have they indicated they had a T1 skull? All I've heard is that they have T2 pieces... but would be interested in hearing more.

It isn't as bad as some are making it out to be, it will no doubt be a large and impressive addition for those who don't care too much about details. But I won't be buying it. I suspect we will be seeing quite a lot of very screen accurate Terminator stuff over the next few years, I can wait.

Why is that?

I think it looks great! And I can't wait 'till it shows up next year. :)

I'm not buying it as a 'The Terminator' replica, as it's clearly not a T-800 from the first movie,
that was clear from the very first teaser photo SS showed us, a lot of details are clearly T2.

I'm buying it because I've wanted a full-sized T-800 bust with more than just the neck portion
attached to a skull, well, since they released the T-600 bust from Salvation which had the chest
part, shoulders, pistons etc. I've often wished that my endoskull bust from 2009 had some
movability to it. And I wasn't very satisfied with the oversized port hole cover on that one.
And what we're getting here fulfills those wishes.

I really like that there's no plaque saying T1 on it - that way I won't have to think:
'NO that's a T2 endo!' everytime I look at it. I also like that they are letting Bigshot Toyworks
sculpt this new version, instead of using the same old moulds. I like the better defined details
in the temples on the skull compared to my 2009 version. The teeth look good, much better than
on the complete endos, but they might need some work to get perfect. The eyes will need some
'surgery' - the red lenses make it look like a toy robot. I hope I'll be able to use the same glass
lenses that I used to replace the lenses on my old endoskull bust.

It might need some adjustments here and there, but that has become quite the norm when ordering
from Sideshow these years. To get these licensed movie prop replicas closer to screen-accurate, often
requires some custom work and detailing, which just can't be achieved in a mass-produced factory item.

That said, Sideshow should definitely try to get their facts straight when releasing these things, try better
to get every detail on their prop replicas as accurate as possible, and have their people look closer at the
source material before starting to sculpt something or making a paint master for the factory to replicate.

I completely disagree with this. others have done so already.

Took some pics yesterday

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I completely disagree with this. others have done so already.

Produced a replica which straight from the factory sports a complete
screen-accurate sculpt and accurate, detailed paintjob?

I know Elite Creatures create top notch products, near perfect, but they
also charge a lot more for them, and they are produced in low numbers.
But even those aren't perfect, and I have seen people try to get them
more accurate by repainting, cutting the hair etc.

I've rarely seen any company deliver perfect replicas straight out of the box. But I
would very much like to be proven wrong and shown some perfect prop replicas.

Your right.But when the sculpt and parts are in the wrong dimensions you cannot make it really better later.

I can't un see what's starring straight in front of me, big big eyes, narrow shaped jaw, lower teeth longer than top, Pistons on face wrong, square neck? The pistons on the neck were the least of my concerns. Why couldn't they just get Legacy involved, easy no? They did with the T-600! This isn't hot toys, I expect more from Sideshow. The Chinese knock off seems like a better deal to me if it wasn't for those stupid teeth. Will wait for Chronicle, however many years away that piece is.

I've rarely seen any company deliver perfect replicas straight out of the box. But I

Then check out Chronicle Collectibles, their line of products released so far, and work behind it, and also the whole line of Terminator stuff being released right now.
And you'll be proven wrong ;)

Awesome pics man he looks great, deff going to pre order this I was going to save and go with the cc 1:1 full size but he looks so static now if cc offered the one that they have at sdcc holding the gun I would have been all over it

Master Replicas Studio Scale (at-at, falcon, tie fighter)
EFX x-wing
Chronicle terminator bust

Produced a replica which straight from the factory sports a complete
screen-accurate sculpt and accurate, detailed paintjob?

I know Elite Creatures create top notch products, near perfect, but they
also charge a lot more for them, and they are produced in low numbers.
But even those aren't perfect, and I have seen people try to get them
more accurate by repainting, cutting the hair etc.

Back