Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This absolutely ISN'T a T1 bust, this is just the same regular T2 bust SS has been producing for years now.

the picture is extremely dark, how can you even see any of that?

I lightened the picture. Better to see the inaccuracies. Paul over at Chronicle Collectibles says there aren't as many differences between the T1 and T2 skulls as you might think. terminator-sneakpeek.jpg

Sure, there aren't many differences between the skulls in general, but the nuances between the two are very recognizable by those who have spent just a little time comparing the two.

I wouldn't even call that skull prototype close to any of the screen used T1 or T2. Looks like the same source as all their other skulls... a squashed copy of a copy of a T2 endoskeleton.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my own words... but I'm not seeing any effort at all to actually even try to source actual T1 pieces. Like, at all. They should give up that license, so Chronicle Collectibles can take over and give us something accurate.

Sure, there aren't many differences between the skulls in general, but the nuances between the two are very recognizable by those who have spent just a little time comparing the two.

I wouldn't even call that skull prototype close to any of the screen used T1 or T2. Looks like the same source as all their other skulls... a squashed copy of a copy of a T2 endoskeleton.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my own words... but I'm not seeing any effort at all to actually even try to source actual T1 pieces. Like, at all. They should give up that license, so Chronicle Collectibles can take over and give us something accurate.
I agree with every written word.

I don't even get it, if it's not T1, why would they release/announce it as such, and just as you said, they're not putting ANY effort in this, I feel like Chronicle Collectibles could just give T1, a proper treatment it deserves, if just there could be any chance of them getting the license!

Very true

Put aside the possible QC issues and inaccuracies previously noted...I would prefer this bust over the skull mainly because it would fit with my other life size busts. The skull is kind of the odd ball out to display due to it's size. I have mine elevated behind my 1/4 pieces. I like that this bust is taller.

this piece is very cool but it is far from a t1 endo, the chest pistons are wrong, the neck pistons are wrong, the neck cables are attached incorrectly as well as routed wrong, and the jaw pistons are not correct. The teeth also are wrong for t1

I got T2 pieces because that's the majority of what's out there... I would prefer to collect T1 but they are making it so hard...

The presentation / size seems way better though... too many head-necks out there imo

this piece is very cool but it is far from a t1 endo, the chest pistons are wrong, the neck pistons are wrong, the neck cables are attached incorrectly as well as routed wrong, and the jaw pistons are not correct. The teeth also are wrong for t1

Geez I gotta say you Guys are more fussy than me lol . I have to learn more I guess

Well, if they acquire the T1 license and announce a T1 bust, they really should do everyone the favor of actually showing off and making a T1 piece and not just some generic version. They are thereby both preventing fans from getting T1 pieces, but also prevent another, better company, from being able to get the license and actually bring us exactly what they announce, such as Chronicle Collectibles. It's such a waste and Sideshow really should have the license if they don't even care.

We saw the same approach from Hot Toys regarding their fourth scale, announced as T1, but was clearly T2 endoskeleton. It's just stupid.

Most people probably don't care about the accuracy though. They just want the Terminator from the first film and if that's what the box says it is then that's good enough. That's probably why Sideshow bought the T1 license and while Chronic seems to be doing great things Sideshow has the name recognition value that will drive people who aren't us to buy this bust. If Sideshow can take their current busts, slap a bit of chest on it, charge likely $1000+ for and people will still buy it why wouldn't they?

Back