Terminator/Aliens/Predator (Pics Only!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWESOME diorama DD :rock Any insides on how did you make it please? :)

Thanks jkno :1-1:

How I did it.

The back wall and base of the diorama are just pieces of MDF I had left over from my Docking Bay Dio. I cut some holes in the in the back piece and cut out sections to give it an irregular edge. Then I mixed some decorating filler with a small amount of PVA glue and water to make a thick paste. I spread this over the base (I also added some sand to the mixture for extra texture) roughly to simulate the earth. Next I repeated the process for the back wall of the diorama and smoothed it out. I let the filler paste run over the edges of the wall and partly fill some of the holes I cut in it to disguise any rough edges. When the mixture is full dry, I chipped out bit of the dried filler with a screwdriver to give texture the wall. Next I just keep painting till I arrive at the effect I’m after. Finally, I added small stones, skulls and odd bits to dress it up.

Phew, my longest post ever. Hope that made sense and was of help.

Thanks jkno :1-1:

How I did it.

The back wall and base of the diorama are just pieces of MDF I had left over from my Docking Bay Dio. I cut some holes in the in the back piece and cut out sections to give it an irregular edge. Then I mixed some decorating filler with a small amount of PVA glue and water to make a thick paste. I spread this over the base (I also added some sand to the mixture for extra texture) roughly to simulate the earth. Next I repeated the process for the back wall of the diorama and smoothed it out. I let the filler paste run over the edges of the wall and partly fill some of the holes I cut in it to disguise any rough edges. When the mixture is full dry, I chipped out bit of the dried filler with a screwdriver to give texture the wall. Next I just keep painting till I arrive at the effect I’m after. Finally, I added small stones, skulls and odd bits to dress it up.

Phew, my longest post ever. Hope that made sense and was of help.

Thanks DD, really cool!!

Here is a couple of pictures of my Alien suit during my latest convention Hope you like:

46118_10150267243635721_666650720_14231406_5384106_n.jpg

40342_10150234459575526_667670525_14152909_3630873_n.jpg

40342_10150234459745526_667670525_14152942_2000368_n.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

lol goodtimes!

Bri:lol:pfft:

Here is a couple of pictures of my Alien suit during my latest convention Hope you like:

46118_10150267243635721_666650720_14231406_5384106_n.jpg

lol goodtimes!

Bri:lol:pfft:

Was that Saturday or Sunday?

I was there on Sunday couldnt remember seeing an Alien, saw Fletcher with his daughter as Newt, that was cool!

I was only there on Saturday! Couldn't make the two days!

Sorry I missed you!

The bug will be in attendance the next time be sure to be there! :yess:

Bri:pfft:

Its still the best headsculpt for a 7" endo - the NECA ones turned out awful. Although the bodies on NECAs ones were more accurately put together and proportioned. I ended up transferring the McFarlane heads onto the NECA bodies. Not a straight swap but with a bit of work they stay on.

Its still the best headsculpt for a 7" endo - the NECA ones turned out awful. Although the bodies on NECAs ones were more accurately put together and proportioned. I ended up transferring the McFarlane heads onto the NECA bodies. Not a straight swap but with a bit of work they stay on.

I thought they were fine, and at least they weren't as badly disproportionate.

I surprisingly loved this Alien Warrior Statue way more than I thought I would, even the red color. But the base was really disgusting and just not my thing (dead baby fetuses and whatnot). So I removed the gross bits and re-sculpted the base. Here's some WIP shots and the finished product.

9120_press06-001.jpg

Alien_BeforeA.jpg

Alien_BeforeC.jpg

Alien_BeforeD.jpg

AlienF.jpg

AlienD.jpg

AlienA.jpg
AlienC.jpg

Right, that about does it.

:horror amazing work sir! :horror

jkno,

Terminatorific! However, is it really over, or are we in a time loop/paradox?

Love that Alien Statue. Awesome Terminator collection man, makes me really want to collect more than just Pred/Alien..

jkno,

Terminatorific! However, is it really over, or are we in a time loop/paradox?

Thanks. You are right, this is never really over. ;) But I think I finished my Endo small bust and micro-bust collection. Maybe one day I'll get the SS 1:2 Endo statue, but right now I have something else to wait for.

Love that Alien Statue. Awesome Terminator collection man, makes me really want to collect more than just Pred/Alien..

You know you can't resist, :wave Terminator is a great line to collect. But even here I have a focus: just Endoskeletons from T1 and T2. No Arnie, no Sarah, no Hunter Killer, just Endos.

Back