Terminator 2019. Any new information?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good idea but it's probably not cost effective that way. Essentially there would have to be two versions of the film for that to work.

It should cost next to nothing, films are all sent out digitally now. TV stations can afford to do it, so you better believe the movie studio can. Plus they do it all the time for "director" cuts and the like when they come out for home use. Only issue I see is idiots complaining when they walk into the wrong one and freak then want to sue the theater/studio/etc...

It should cost next to nothing, films are all sent out digitally now. TV stations can afford to do it, so you better believe the movie studio can. Plus they do it all the time for "director" cuts and the like when they come out for home use. Only issue I see is idiots complaining when they walk into the wrong one and freak then want to sue the theater/studio/etc...

If it "costs next to nothing" then why wouldn't studios do that with every R-rated film to maximize profits? :huh

Terminator: Dark fate

Working title according to Jim Cameron.

There are still labor costs to create multiple rated versions of a movie. That expertise comes at a cost and it's more than "next to nothing".

There really is no need to create two different rated versions of a movie if the movie is already meeting a PG rating. It's already produced for the wider market. I don't know why there would be people that would only watch Rated R movies exclusively. Many R-rated films just throw in gratuitous sex and violence to no benefit of the context of the story.

There are still labor costs to create multiple rated versions of a movie. That expertise comes at a cost and it's more than "next to nothing".

There really is no need to create two different rated versions of a movie if the movie is already meeting a PG rating. It's already produced for the wider market. I don't know why there would be people that would only watch Rated R movies exclusively. Many R-rated films just throw in gratuitous sex and violence to no benefit of the context of the story.

Yes, next to nothing compared to the benefits on the back end(they do it all the time anyway for home release where they really see no extra revenue). R rating does not just add "gratuitous sex and violence", and even if it did people might prefer that and go see a movie they otherwise wouldn't.

You obviously didn't. "Only issue I see is idiots complaining when they walk into the wrong one and freak, then want to sue the theater/studio/etc..."

It would be great for home video too. Family friendly versions all can enjoy, or complete story for watching yourself. I have even thought about doing it myself for some of the stuff I own.

Exactly. If it "costs next to nothing" studios would release multiple versions all the time.

You obviously didn't. "Only issue I see is idiots complaining when they walk into the wrong one and freak, then want to sue the theater/studio/etc..."

It would be great for home video too. Family friendly versions all can enjoy, or complete story for watching yourself. I have even thought about doing it myself for some of the stuff I own.

So movie studios don't release multiple versions of movies because "idiots might complain and sue?" :lol

It's not because it would be costly to do so, right?

Yes, and they do, just not in theaters. I don't hear you coming up with a better explanation which isn't surprising.

I didn't know I'd have to spell it out for you, but apparently I do which isn't surprising. Are you referring to directors cuts/extended editions now? Because that's completely different. Movie studios most often don't film two different versions of their films because of how costly it is. Especially if it's converting an R rated film to a family friendly PG one. Not only are Post production costs very expensive but most directors aren't fond of a studio coming in and demanding/interfering there be a different version and tone of their film, which would undoubtedly distort a directors overall vision. If it costs "next to nothing" to release several different versions of the same film in theaters then why don't we see that happening all the time? If you think movie studios are hesitant to make even more millions because they're afraid of "people complaining they saw the wrong version" then that shows how little you know about the industry.

I didn't know I'd have to spell it out for you, but apparently I do which isn't surprising. Are you referring to directors cuts/extended editions now? Because that's completely different. Movie studios most often don't film two different versions of their films because of how costly it is. Especially if it's converting an R rated film to a family friendly PG one. Not only are Post production costs very expensive but most directors aren't fond of a studio coming in and demanding/interfering there be a different version and tone of their film, which would undoubtedly distort a directors overall vision. If it costs "next to nothing" to release several different versions of the same film in theaters then why don't we see that happening all the time? If you think movie studios are hesitant to make even more millions because they're afraid of "people complaining they saw the wrong version" then that shows how little you know about the industry.

Thinking I am the one not understanding again, that's precious. Yes, litigation can cost much more than the extra revenue, so it would be a definite roadblock. Who is talking about shooting 2 versions? You shoot it for the target rating that best fits, then just edit as needed, it's not that hard. You don't need expensive extra post production, it's just an edit, post is already done by then. Most times it's only a few seconds here and there that can be shaved to drop down a lower rating or two. Unless they are a top level director films are almost always different in the final approved theatrical cuts anyway, to say nothing of broadcast versions.

Thinking I am the one not understanding again, that's precious. Yes, litigation can cost much more than the extra revenue, so it would be a definite roadblock. Who is talking about shooting 2 versions? You shoot it for the target rating that best fits, then just edit as needed, it's not that hard. You don't need expensive extra post production, it's just an edit, post is already done by then. Most times it's only a few seconds here and there that can be shaved to drop down a lower rating or two. Unless they are a top level director films are almost always different in the final approved theatrical cuts anyway, to say nothing of broadcast versions.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious anymore. Let's just say for arguments sake you are. You legitimately think that studios are unwilling to release multiple versions of a film in theaters simultaneously, is because "people who accidentally see the wrong version will take legal action?" So It has nothing to do with the MPAA guidelines or extra post production costs? :lol Again if it "costs next to nothing" then why don't we see this happen with just about every movie that comes out? All it takes is a quick "edit" right? Bam! There's your different version! :rotfl :slap

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious anymore. Let's just say for arguments sake you are. You legitimately think that studios are unwilling to release multiple versions of a film in theaters simultaneously, is because "people who accidentally see the wrong version will take legal action?" So It has nothing to do with the MPAA guidelines or extra post production costs? :lol Again if it "costs next to nothing" then why don't we see this happen with just about every movie that comes out? All it takes is a quick "edit" right? Bam! There's your different version! :rotfl :slap

Yea, I am not even going to try with you anymore, I start to feel stupid just through osmosis.

Honestly it's not just me, I feel sorry for the other members too that have to read your drivel.

You just don't know what you're talking about. You can't even answer a simple question. :lol

You're the same person that people talk crap about over on statue forum for starting sh** over there too, (unless there so happens to be a different person with that exact username) so it's no surprise to see you respond this way.

You just don't know what you're talking about. You can't even answer a simple question. :lol

You're the same person that people talk crap about over on statue forum for starting sh** over there too, (unless there so happens to be a different person with that exact username) so it's no surprise to see you respond this way.

Yea, there are a few idiots over there too that I am sure you would be great friends with. I am flattered they care so much to talk about me.:wave

Back