Terminator 2019. Any new information?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. If it was a future war movie then Arnold wouldn't necessarily be needed. But since they feel the need to never make that sort of film even though that's what fans have been begging for for ages, I'm glad Arnold is still the Terminator. He's obviously owned the role.

I think they want to make that film but they want to top that sort of thing off in at the end of a trilogy.

Problem is... they can’t get past the first movie cause it didn’t take off. Salvation was supposed to be that moved but it was bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mistake they refuse to learn from. Genisys was also supposed to be the first of a new trilogy. Now T6 is supposed to be the first of a new trilogy - and this time it's Cameron floating that nonsense idea.

It boggles the mind.

Young people today don't care about Terminator and they arguably never will. To them Arnold Schwarzenegger is just some old man. And machines that look like people is not a new concept to appeal to them either. It's the original fans they should be aiming at and, as Snoop said, the only single film we want is the only one they seem unwilling to make. A future war prequel to T1 and T2, if done well, could enhance those two films even further. And hey it's actually not even needed but if they insist on making anything at all then that should be it - not this constant reboot/T2 repetition crap.

All that said, I'll still watch T6 to see if they prove me spectacularly wrong.

Last edited:
Sort of agree. With no Arnold, its simply not a Terminator movie, Unless its based on the future war with lots of Endoskeletons based on original T1 / T2 design and Not on the new crappy ones!

Good news I hear is that the new designed Terminator Genisys won't be in T6, hurray!!!!!!

Unknown if they are reverting back to old design for Arnolds T-800, but I hope soo.

People with that attitude are part of the problem, all you want is the same old things; Arnie, old Endo, etc... Arnie hasn't really added anything after T2 and the new Endo design is as good or better than the original. Don't limit yourself so much to the past.

Well, we know they’re going to explore AI, we know that. Said they were going to explore it in a modern sense and where it’s going to be far ahead.

Time travel - seems like it has to be in there.

Design? Idk. What tricks will Gabriel Luna’s character have. I’m thinking they’re going to have him a mean sadistic look with a touch of comedy. Arnold seems to be the same. The others are up in the air.

Comedy - I really think this film is going to have a bit of it in there.

Violence and gore - looks like that’s gonna be in there.

Politics - definitely going to have the border crisis in there from what I’ve heard watching a video of the Latin girls character talking about the border crisis in the movie. But, as far as the Trumps wall, seems to me that they’re going to get technological with it. Digital Wall. Either a digital wall will be up at the time or will be in the making as the film plays. I say that, because I always felt like in modern day everyone is connected though technology and social media, what the **** is the point of building physical barriers??? When you can build a digital one. We basically have it already in place today. We just don’t have it inside all of us. Permanent. Loosing our humanity. Which is what I think is coming in real life. Will all have a digital wall inside us to keep track of everyone and keep us in line. Eliminating borders. Making us all one.

How will it tie into with the rest of the film, not sure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People with that attitude are part of the problem, all you want is the same old things; Arnie, old Endo, etc... Arnie hasn't really added anything after T2 and the new Endo design is as good or better than the original. Don't limit yourself so much to the past.

People that want to see Arnold as the Terminator are part of the problem? That makes zero sense. Wanting Arnold and the original (far superior) endo design has little to do with the poorly written stories/screenplays and awfully directed terminator sequels we've gotten as of late. Those things are just added bonuses. If we have to see another movie set in the present day or past (that for the third time is the start of a supposed trilogy) then I'm sure most fans do prefer Arnold to be back as the Terminator. However, I think most would without a doubt want to see a future war movie that we saw small glimpses of in T1/T2. Without Arnie attached to this current film there would be ZERO selling point whatsoever. No one would give two sh**ts about another Terminator reboot starring some Hispanic girl and a he/she Terminator hybrid. The movie studios are to blame, not the fans.

People that want to see Arnold as the Terminator are part of the problem? That makes zero sense. Wanting Arnold and the original (far superior) endo design has little to do with the poorly written stories/screenplays and awfully directed terminator sequels we've gotten as of late. Those things are just added bonuses. If we have to see another movie set in the present day or past (that for the third time is the start of a supposed trilogy) then I'm sure most fans do prefer Arnold to be back as the Terminator. However, I think most would without a doubt want to see a future war movie that we saw small glimpses of in T1/T2. Without Arnie attached to this current film there would be ZERO selling point whatsoever. No one would give two sh**ts about another Terminator reboot starring some Hispanic girl and a he/she Terminator hybrid. The movie studios are to blame, not the fans.

What makes zero sense is saying that without him nobody is watching. So when Arnie dies Terminator is done then? For the franchise moving forward we need new blood, Arnie costs a lot more to cast and really isn't adding much at this point except the name. I guess you didn't like Loken or Glau as a terminator either? A female lead would be a great option for the studio, would add a lot of fans like Wonder Woman has done for DC. We just need a good movie, like I said before even Arnie and the old dated endo design you guys seem to cling to can't save a bad movie so why keep demanding them?

What makes zero sense is saying that without him nobody is watching. So when Arnie dies Terminator is done then? For the franchise moving forward we need new blood, Arnie costs a lot more to cast and really isn't adding much at this point except the name. I guess you didn't like Loken or Glau as a terminator either? A female lead would be a great option for the studio, would add a lot of fans like Wonder Woman has done for DC. We just need a good movie, like I said before even Arnie and the old dated endo design you guys seem to cling to can't save a bad movie so why keep demanding them?

Saying that nobody is watching if Arnold is not in it actually makes a lot of sense considering that Terminator Salvation was the lowest grossing movie in the franchise. That had a fantastic cast too and yet no one seemed to care. Box office numbers typically correlate with how many people watch a film. :lol Studios apparently don't want to give us the future war movie we've all been clamoring for, so bare miminum at least this movie has Arnold going for it. If female leads are what you think can save the franchise then you're all set. This movie struck gold according to that logic haha. This franchise has went south due to bad writing and directing, not Arnold. As I said before he's just an added bonus if anything.

The new copyright laws have now returned the Terminator franchise back to James Cameron's ownership. You can bet that he will be taking advantage of that.

Movies are being marketed more and more for the international markets.It's were the biggest chunk of ticket sales are coming from.Most films debut in US theaters after they have debuted in the theaters in the international markets now. It's primarily the Chinese market that has become the focus of interest for many of these movies. They also love the comic based movies.

Saying that nobody is watching if Arnold is not in it actually makes a lot of sense considering that Terminator Salvation was the lowest grossing movie in the franchise. That had a fantastic cast too and yet no one seemed to care. Box office numbers typically correlate with how many people watch a film. :lol Studios apparently don't want to give us the future war movie we've all been clamoring for, so bare miminum at least this movie has Arnold going for it. If female leads are what you think can save the franchise then you're all set. This movie struck gold according to that logic haha. This franchise has went south due to bad writing and directing, not Arnold. As I said before he's just an added bonus if anything.

Arnie wasn't the reason TS didn't do well at the box office, the movie itself and carryover from how bad T3 was were main reasons for that.

Making them PG is the worst mistake they make.
How anyone can think they can make a great movie about a relentless killer robot with a PG rating is a ****ing moron.

So when Arnie dies Terminator is done then?
wrong. Arnie didn't even have to die for that.

5320c2a241d0a7967d064ab259306e3843761ccfa29cb336433d58b6b4f3dbfc.jpg

this is when terminator was done.

Making them PG is the worst mistake they make.
How anyone can think they can make a great movie about a relentless killer robot with a PG rating is a ****ing moron.

Many international markets don't allow rated R films to be shown.PG allows for a wider market. They make many rated R movies,but they don't generate as much revenue as the other movie ratings combined.

Many international markets don't allow rated R films to be shown.PG allows for a wider market. They make many rated R movies,but they don't generate as much revenue as the other movie ratings combined.

I don't see why they can't make an R rated movie and edit it for the markets that will only play PG rated movies. Dumb it down for those that can't handle it.

I don't see why they can't make an R rated movie and edit it for the markets that will only play PG rated movies. Dumb it down for those that can't handle it.

That is a good idea but it's probably not cost effective that way. Essentially there would have to be two versions of the film for that to work.

This is easily fixed with a M15 rating.
Deadpool and Logan would fit into this category while stuff like OG Chainsaw or Hellraiser stays R.
It's ****ing laughable that a movie like the Matrix is rated R.
90% of the world is older than the "at risk group" of 7 to 13 year olds but it feels like 90% of entertainment is mandated by not offending 13 year olds of the Rod Flanders variety - the majority just watch the R rated version on home release anyway.

I thought kids generally want to watch adult stuff, they want to see what they're not supposed to be allowed see. It's parents who don't want their kids seeing certain things before a certain age.

But moreover it's the studios wanting to maximize the money-making potential of the film.

Back