Terminator (1984) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T1 has a better story AND is a better film also in my opinion.

I don't knowT1 was a classic, but T2 was a GIGANTIC step up (production wise). However it's not a fair comparison...we're comparing apples and oranges. T1 was one of the most successful indy films of all time. Where T2 was one of the most groundbreaking technoligical advancements in the history of cinema. I am giving T2 the edge on overall entertainment & production values. IMO it's just TOO BIG of a film to compare to T1, more like a apple to watermelon comparison :lol

I think there was more to the story. Emotion. Fear. All of that was felt in T1 and then lost in T2. T2 was a technical phenomenom but lacked the emotion of the first.

I hear what you're saying...but T2 had a WOW factor that cannot be discounted.

This could be my first pf :D

This should be your first PF, it will be my 2nd (T1 & T2 :lol)

Wow. Not digging the pose. The placement of his legs actually makes it slightly effeminate, IMO. Is he blowing up a police station or figure skating?

This is the Homonator.:slap

All of the above. Let's get this one instead.:faq

:lecture

terminator1984.jpeg

Agreed that scene is cool. SS like to make hard work for themselves sometimes. Keep it simple, keep it badass.
:goodpost::exactly:

Emotion? Yes. Fear? Not so sure. I don't know about you guys but that nuclear footage put alot of fear into me. T2 played out (in Sarah's dreams) what Reese warned Sarah about in T1. T2 was a mighty fine movie .............. just slightly not as good as T1.

I feel yuo.

I guess the fear I mean is Sarah's fear and confusion. Guess my terms were wrong.

Then there was Reece's conviction ... it was all so great. And for the time so original.

I really hope Sideshow will not screw this up. This will be my first premium format figure if they done right! I can't wait for the first pictures.

Definately this pose is a 100 times better than figure skate-inator and will not hesitate to buy this if done. May consider Figure skating Arnie when on clearance if done.

Well I am not sure how you can base your decision off the sketch alone....since it is a SKETCH.

You can't judge what SS is going to do off that concept sketch.

Just ask the Joe fans about their concept Firefly art . . .

that is good, so hoepfully SS does the right thing and comes out with the killer pose.

Yeah that pose would be good :rock

I would love the pose too but it would be hell displaying it in a case .............. of any kind. Plus they'd have to have that arm attach at the shoulder ............. to make for an easy packaging job.

There is probably nothing more iconic (T1) then that exact pose too.

What's so funny? It's that damn angle on the tutu, isn't it? God forbid getting a degree measurement off on the sketch will keep people from buying this awesome PF. :rock

@maluis: Well, the aforementioned tutu miscalculation will cost us two more months. ETA is sometime in Q3 2011 now :lol.

Back