Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people are waiting to see if the piece is going to have the light up features before they order it, if they could do it with Cyclops they should have had the feature implemented from the start on this piece. Now they see that this piece isn't an instant sell out and they are wondering why.

Some people are waiting to see if the piece is going to have the light up features before they order it, if they could do it with Cyclops they should have had the feature implemented from the start on this piece. Now they see that this piece isn't an instant sell out and they are wondering why.
:exactly::goodpost:

I didn't need to interpret anything. The statement was straightforward enough. I got it as it was meant to be gotten. It's still a tease when someone says that they'll see if it's possible and it could possibly happen. What if said girl from your post above stated that she was thinking of jumping my bones and said it was possible? Then what, Mr Smartybritches?

Talk is cheap? :huh Until her hands're on your ____ it don't mean nothing! :lol

Apples and oranges. Don't both heads on the Cyclops PF light up? That means the power switch and batteries are easily hidden in the base. The T1 PF would only have the exclusive head light up with no light functions on the regular. How do they hide that in the exclusive head in a way that contains the batteries and the power switch but doesn't detract from the overall appearance?

How do they hide that in the exclusive head in a way that contains the batteries and the power switch but doesn't detract from the overall appearance?

Very good point. Unless they intend on making both heads light up, which might look alright with glasses and might look like ass, I don't forsee SSC putting in the extra work to redesign the statue to light up for one head and not the other. We'll see I guess. :dunno

I think SS could do a light-up feature with the on/off button hidden underneath the jacket. But I'm not on their design team so my idea could be totally undoable. :lol

Please remember folks...I said it may be a POSSIBLE addition. As I said, it is being looked into to see whether it can be added on. Due to the light-up feature having to go into a switch-out part of the piece, it does tend to make this kind of feature a bit more of a challenge.

The added Thanos light-up feature was added into a solid piece...hence the reason that was a tad easier to achieve. :)

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for the info Alex...I'm still getting this PF regardless. :D

I think this whole exclusive business is stupid.
They should all have the exposed endo eye with light up feature.
Whats the point of making a "standard" version with no battle damage?
:dunno

Because the standard head is the one that's scene accurrate, and the Ex. is just a fun one.

They assumed most people wanting a statue of this costume would want him shades on just like the shootout, so they designed the head for the shades, but figured some hardcores might be interested in a glassless head to see the damaged eye and made that as an exclusive.

Apples and oranges. Don't both heads on the Cyclops PF light up? That means the power switch and batteries are easily hidden in the base. The T1 PF would only have the exclusive head light up with no light functions on the regular. How do they hide that in the exclusive head in a way that contains the batteries and the power switch but doesn't detract from the overall appearance?

I don't know why this would be so hard to do. All they have to do is a plug type head...they did that with Gandalf's arm with staf. There's somekind of plug on the end that inserts into the body and the button is on the body. Really shouldn't be that hard.

Because the standard head is the one that's scene accurrate, and the Ex. is just a fun one.

They assumed most people wanting a statue of this costume would want him shades on just like the shootout, so they designed the head for the shades, but figured some hardcores might be interested in a glassless head to see the damaged eye and made that as an exclusive.

I see.
So the battle damaged head cant wear the glasses?
If so, thats :cuckoo:
Scene accurate would be to have the battle damaged head under the glasses.
It doesnt matter that they never actually did it as an effect in the film...but its supposed to be there in the movie, and should be there on the PF IMO.

I don't know why this would be so hard to do. All they have to do is a plug type head...they did that with Gandalf's arm with staf. There's somekind of plug on the end that inserts into the body and the button is on the body. Really shouldn't be that hard.
Yeah, there have been so many pieces with detached parts that included a light-up feature. It's not fair to say that it's that incredibly difficult when it's already been done many times before. We know it's possible.

K, so Sideshow can send them all to you and, since it's so easy, you'll be more than happy to hammer them all out.

K, so Sideshow can send them all to you and, since it's so easy, you'll be more than happy to hammer them all out.

You know what I'm saying, don't be a ******. They work in that stuff and I don't, and they've done it before. I swear you just like to argue with people.

Fine! I'll ____ing do it! Send them to me! It's on! Just don't start _____ing when your light isn't as bright as you want it to be, or it's too damn bright or it flickers too much and robs you of precious slumber. Bring it!

I see.
So the battle damaged head cant wear the glasses?

No, that's why it's two different portraits, and sideshow's concern isn't that every teeny detail you don't see is right. Truly accurrate would mean a bandage on his right arm too. They're focused on making what you see in the shootout look right on the statue, for that, you need sunglasses on, and that look of the statue succeeds and doesn't need the Endo eye there to work. You never see the eye in this costume until just before he gets run over.

No, that's why it's two different portraits, and sideshow's concern isn't that every teeny detail you don't see is right. Truly accurrate would mean a bandage on his right arm too. They're focused on making what you see in the shootout look right on the statue, for that, you need sunglasses on, and that look of the statue succeeds and doesn't need the Endo eye there to work. You never see the eye in this costume until just before he gets run over.

But what Im saying is, there is no need for an exclusive version.
There should be just one version, and that version should be an exposed endo eye headsculpt with glasses that are removable.
That way, you get both looks in one, without having to switch heads.
Thats my opinion on it anyway.
I just dont get sideshows logic here.

EDIT - Unless theyre bothered about the "holes" in the hair where the glasses would go.
That would look silly, I suppose.
:dunno

Back