Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the response. So, the jacket peels the paint off? Has anyone found something to use as a buffer/barrier to prevent sticking?

Jacket doesn't "peel" the paint off necessarily, but it affects the paint if it touches it too long. Hard to explain exactly. Folks have tried baby powder or black cloth as means of keeping the jacket and paint from touching. SSC customer service guy suggested baby powder.

Jacket doesn't "peel" the paint off necessarily, but it affects the paint if it touches it too long. Hard to explain exactly. Folks have tried baby powder or black cloth as means of keeping the jacket and paint from touching. SSC customer service guy suggested baby powder.

Baby powder on a black jacket ? Nice half ass fix.Was he working on Apple's maps ?

A small black piece of fabric lining the jacket collar seems to be the best solution IMO. It's unnoticeable and simple to make.

Baby powder on a black jacket ? Nice half ass fix.Was he working on Apple's maps ?
Yeah, suggesting that for a $300+ collectible seemed really odd to me, because it felt like such a cheap fix. I know some folks were willing to give that a shot, but from an official Sideshow guy? C'mon. Similar to their telling folks to glue pieces together that were broken off in shipment when they don't have replacements.

So, I read through a bunch of the old posts here but still don't have a full sense of the sticky jacket issue. I understand that it sticks to the neck and wrists. I want to get the EX and occasionally swap out the heads. Just how bad is this problem? Is it going to run the jacket? The heads? Would it appear sticky immediately, or only after it sits for awhile? Thanks, guys.

I didn't have a problem with the jacket, but the glasses kept getting here broken. I gave up on this wonderful PF and return it. They said they had no replacements left and wanted me to glue it back on. :mad:

I'll be bAC!!!!!!!

IMG_2385.jpg

Ski

love that gun!

just watched t1-t4 and working on second viewing of TSCC now that I just got the blu-rays. I've got terminator fever lol.

So envious of Skiman's work on the Ex. head. If not for the QC issues making me want to sell, I would have loved to have one done (read: fixed) up that way.

Hey guys, just decided to get this statue, is the ex a must? Cheapest option I can find is at least $250 more inclusive of postage. :(

Back