TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While also hoping that existing 1/6 collectors will make exception and buy a really giant piece (as if the Tumbler wasn't giant) to complete their Batman collections. Some will.

Hey HT any chance of a tank HK from T1 and T2 in a few years time? (I'd be ****ed if one came out or was even announced now)

maaaayyyybe some ppl of 1/6 collecting will get this. but I think alot of ppl that do 1/6 stay in that area because of room. As much as I would love to have this, I don't have the room for it and I won't have room for something like this for years to come, even if I did by it I'd have no where to put it. But man how I would envy the ppl that could buy and display this bad boy.

You can bet there'll be plenty of Asian collectors that will have money and space for this

I know I don't have anywhere near the display space - but I will get it and put it in storage for the future; someday i'll hopefully have that kind of space

I dont understand the negative comments on it. This is going to be awesome, Hot Toys is upgrading onto 1/6 vehicles, which is cool. The Iron Monger is going to be small compared to this. I will definitely try my best to purchased this bad boy.

It's just overkill at this point. For them to skim over such great franchises (Harlock,etc.) and also ignore alot of characters from others series, to make something so useless just makes no sense to me at all. I mean, where are you going to put the thing? It's bad enough I collect man dolls, but this is just a huge step to the left.
Just an opinion.

I personally do not think that this is an overkill.
It is big, but thats because its 1/6 to go with the figures. I am pretty sure alot of people would desire a really good and close to accurate or accurate high end representation of THE BAT in a good scale size in their collection and this is a chance for that.

It is also good that it is big to fit in all those intricate details in there for collectors to go wow over.

I know alot of people have gripes for this because of the size and the possible high price, but I don't think it's fair to talk down on it because of that.

Yeah HT may have overlooked a few things and focus more on what is trending right now, but I think that's just how a company operates to make the money.

i think this vehicle is a total waste of money honestly. tons of plastic at an overpriced price

I'm pretty sure engineering plays a big part in making this happen.

THE BAT is far more intricate than the Batmobile or The Batpod

:horror:horror Oh man, I feel myself getting sucked into buying this and the Tumbler on top of the 89 Batmobile. Then again, I don't know if I'll be able to justify the money they will ask for this. Crazy insane though, I did not expect this to say the least.

There's no way I'm going to pass this up. Even though I have no idea how I would display it, or get my wife to agree to let me put it in the one room in the house that could accommodate it. But I'm guessing there won't be many made, and if I didn't buy it right away, the after market prices are going to be completely insane.

It will be mine.

It frankly surprises me that there are so many people that seem to be expressing disappointment in HT for doing this. Why? Who says there should be a limit to what they can produce? If you don't have the money, or the space, or simply the desire to buy this, then just admire it from a distance and go about your business. Of course it's going to be a pass for alot of people, but it's also going to be an easy buy for others.

Heck, look at Sideshow... you think they've got alot of takers for their 1:1 scale collectibles? They friggin released Darth Malgus in 1:1... who the F is Darth Malgus(chill out, I know he's from TOR, just saying sarcastically) and how many people are actually going to buy it? Who cares? They can make whatever the F they want because it's their company. If companies like HT and SS were worried about making only the things that ALL of the people would want, then we'd be seeing mass produced lower quality BS that they could market to Walmart and Target to carry.

The point is, Hot Toys, if you're reading these posts, please know you have a market audience for this and any other ambitious projects you may have. Naysayers, if you don't like it, that's fine, but don't berate HT for thinking outside the box... or outside the capacity of your display case for that matter.

i'll drink to that :goodpost:

There's no way I'm going to pass this up. Even though I have no idea how I would display it, or get my wife to agree to let me put it in the one room in the house that could accommodate it. But I'm guessing there won't be many made, and if I didn't buy it right away, the after market prices are going to be completely insane.

It will be mine.

:exactly: hehe

Harlock? Huh?

And I feel it's a step in the right direction. Providing even more products in the most popular lines. Just because they have people dedicated to this project doesn't mean they're neglecting others Fans of less known or popular lines should expect the summer lines to revolve around the new summer blockbusters..

It means exactly that. Many lines have gone neglected or unfinished due to HT's excessive focus on Batman, Ironman and more recently Avengers.
IMO there's truly no reason for such a heavy focus on comic themed movie blockbusters. I can see if we were talking about a company such as
Mattel or Hasbro.

Yeah HT may have overlooked a few things and focus more on what is trending right now, but I think that's just how a company operates to make the money.

IMO that is what keeps them stagnant. Their constant focus on what's "trendy". Don't get me wrong I understand that as a company they're going to pander to where the money is. I only hope that they don't lose sight of what drew so many 1/6 hobbyist their direction. I definitely don't want to see them eventually become nothing more but a glorified version of Hasbro.

164940-438x.jpg

:lol:exactly:

Last edited:
It ll be good to see "The Bat" in action so we can get more of an idea of it s overall dimensions and aerodynamic capabilities.There are some decent images of it on the net-Batman exiting the cockpit a couple of shots of it s construction-and it IS vast!!

It will look good with the landing gear down.

Wow, I'm trying to figure if I'll be able to get the Tumbler reissue and then i see this. I know it'll be way out of my league, but can't wait to see in hand pics by those that get it. :clap

It means exactly that. Many lines have gone neglected or unfinished due to HT's excessive focus on Batman, Ironman and more recently Avengers.
IMO there's truly no reason for such a heavy focus on comic themed movie blockbusters. I can see if we were talking about a company such as
Mattel or Hasbro.

IMO that is what keeps them stagnant. Their constant focus on what's "trendy". Don't get me wrong I understand that as a company they're going to pander to where the money is. I only hope that they don't lose sight of what drew so many 1/6 hobbyist their direction. I definitely don't want to see them eventually become nothing more but a glorified version of Hasbro.

Found the reason! :)

Seeing this, I really hope HT makes a 1:6 Death Star now....my backyard would be perfect for it!
Damn, you've got a big yard. ;)

Back