TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this to be an awesome display option:

the-dark-knight-rises-the-bat.jpg

I'm amazed by how many awesome vehicle display options are coming out of screenshots alone:

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Harvey-Dent-Photo.jpg

hathaway.jpg

:exactly::lol just the same old complaining and crying. The Bat looks out of place from the rest of the series? The Bat design is very similar to the Tumbler. Has a lot of the same elements.

Im sure the people who love the movie will be blown away by it, which will be far and away the majority of the audiences... It's just the ones who haven't liked Nolan's Batman from the beginning will continue to complain and moan and annoy us fans because thats really their purpose, to annoy us...Just gotta try to ignore them...:)

:goodpost: :hi5:

Batman vehicles are Batman vehicles. I love Nolan's and Burton's Batman films equally. I'm stil super-excited for the 89 Batmobile, but I'm equally excited by the prospect of owning what I posted above.

im excited that hot toys seem prepared to really go all out and make supersized vehicles. im drooling over what they could do(if it was available!) with the 66 batman license. but thats another thread...

This thing should cost $1200+ and be made of superior materials, but i think Hot Toys will make it from cheaper plastic to keep the price down for their current figure market rather than the high-end replica market.

Thus i'm thinking it'll look great but feel like a cheap toy.

If the real full scale prop doesn't really fly why would the 1/6 scale replica suddenly have that ability? Without drastically altering it's shape to make it aerodymanic, and thus sacrificing screen accuracy (for a high priced collectible, I assume you want it to be as accurate as possible), there is no way a functional model of the Bat could be done.

Because spending THAT kind of money on a model of an air vehicle that DOESNT fly would just be dumb. Looks nice....but looks are NOT everything.

Because spending THAT kind of money on a model of an air vehicle that DOESNT fly would just be dumb. Looks nice....but looks are NOT everything.

And non-1/6 scale figure collectors, or more simply, non-collectors, would look at the kind of money we spend on these big action figures or(to be more insulting) dolls... and say what a DUMB waste of money. Guess it all depends on perspective, huh? Think about that the next time you make a sweeping generalization about all the people on this thread who've said they're going to buy this.

My free time is pretty rare, so I would like to spend it with things I like. I dont get people always complaining about everything, its too big, its too expensive, its not flying, its to black, the movie will be a fail........

A constructive criticism is always welcome, but just to come here in a thread for beefing something for its very existence is pretty annoying.

Respect to Hot Toys for making something big like this. If I would have the space and the money for this monster I would buy it. I´m pretty sure if all is done, this will be epic!

When Colman Reese said to Fox"What are you building for him now,a Rocketship?" I wonder if this was what he had in mind?

Id love to see Hot Toys include a set of blueprints with these masterpieces.

I don't give a flying ____ if it doesn't fly. I'm not giving them another $1000 just so they add a feature I would never dare to use for something so large.

I don't give a flying ____ if it doesn't fly. I'm not giving them another $1000 just so they add a feature I would never dare to use for something so large.

Exactly, even if it could fly it'd take some bravery to spend that kind of money and actually fly it around. Does anyone take their Tumbler out and let it roll down hills? (well I couldn't do that even if I wanted to because I can't get those ****ing red yolks out of the front wheels)

Back