TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking into small roller bearings, and a potentiometer attached to the motor so it can ramp up to going really fast.

Nice, can't wait to see your project :clap

Does anyone is going to order this? Looks like HT has a problem releasing this and the cost of making it Mass Produced, My assumption is it will be very expensive..

If it will cost around £700-800 then I will probably buy it. I think HT are more worried about how much profit they will make rather than how much it should cost. Plus shipment will be expensive.

Waiting for HT to announce this officially, I am getting it! I am likely not to get the 66' Batmobile anyway.

While getting a bunch of figures at smaller prices is hard to justify, I really want to make this thing happen. This, in addition to the new Batman figure releasing would be an amazing combo, tribute to the great series, and a definite conversation piece anytime anyone came into my house and saw it hanging from the ceiling.

Cause let's be honest....that is about the best place to display this thing.

Is there some press release out there saying HT is considering shelving this project? I keep seeing comments in different threads saying this is going to be cancelled. All I have to say about that is

noooooo.gif

This thing is a beast part of me wants this so bad cuz of how badass it is. Then part of me hopes they don't release it because 1. this bad boy is gonna be expensive 2. How am i suppose to get into my home without my family noticing a box thats close to my height from them

Greetings all! Long time lurker, 1st time poster. Assuming this actually gets released & is affordable, I've been wondering (as many others doubtless have) where on earth I could possibly display this behemoth without it overwhelming whichever room it's in. An idea came to me the other day that others might wish to consider. I have a pool table in my basement, and it occurred to me that I could suspend it over the table ilo a light fixture (perhaps even incorporating some additional lighting on its underside for when I actually play pool). I could maybe even add a pulley system (hidden above the drop ceiling) to raise & lower it as needed. I haven't read all posts in this thread, so apologies if a similar idea has already been shared.

Greetings all! Long time lurker, 1st time poster. Assuming this actually gets released & is affordable, I've been wondering (as many others doubtless have) where on earth I could possibly display this behemoth without it overwhelming whichever room it's in. An idea came to me the other day that others might wish to consider. I have a pool table in my basement, and it occurred to me that I could suspend it over the table ilo a light fixture (perhaps even incorporating some additional lighting on its underside for when I actually play pool). I could maybe even add a pulley system (hidden above the drop ceiling) to raise & lower it as needed. I haven't read all posts in this thread, so apologies if a similar idea has already been shared.

:clap:goodpost: Great Idea. And Welcome to The Freaks :wave

could be a cool idea but that thing will take on so much dust, probably wont be that cool afterwards.

could be a cool idea but that thing will take on so much dust, probably wont be that cool afterwards.

Spoken like someone who knows how infrequently we clean our basement! :wink1: But seriously, that's a very good point, although short of a vacuum sealed enclosure I don't know how one would avoid this thing's becoming a dust magnet.

Wouldn't work as well in humid Malaysia I speculate.... I try to keep stuff under glass yet somehow dust does get in..

Here's to hoping they make it though. I would LOVE to have one of those... space be damned..

First time poster btw.. went through ALL the pages & Username.. I have to say your work is flippin' fantastic..

damn.... bad news.... no bat for real.... at least not in 1/6 :'(
Maybe its better this way that the decision was made for me (and many of us)

I could tell you but I would have to kill you ;)
Come on, be truthful you know it is a blessing in disguise..
just why did HT feel the need to make it and flash us with it, get us all hyped up only to push us down the pit of withdrawal

Back