1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
The material they are using on the goggle arms is just far too rigid and brittle for what it needs to do. Either they needed to use a different plastic or material on the arms, make the arms thicker (but less accurate then) , or make the arms out of perhaps, I don't know...metal? Something that can flex better?

Exactly. Even with the inherent disadvantages of the solutions you just listed, such as loss of accuracy or higher price, any one of those options is better than what we ended up with. It's such a huge flaw, these things are practically all already broken. It's only a matter of time for the ones that haven't broken yet.

Exactly. Even with the inherent disadvantages of the solutions you just listed, such as loss of accuracy or higher price, any one of those options is better than what we ended up with. It's such a huge flaw, these things are practically all already broken. It's only a matter of time for the ones that haven't broken yet.

Or perhaps make the goggles be able to snap in and out freely of the arms without breakage. Sort of like how low- end toy companies like Hasbro do on Transformers; where some of the joints or hinges can pop out and be put right back into place without breakage.

You'd think that would have done the business.:dunno

Hey guys - would you all have any interest in a replacement set? One piece head band/mask and a fold up non-swivel goggles?

By one piece mask I mean non adjustable band...

May not even work - but I would be willing to try if it would be wanted.

Hey guys - would you all have any interest in a replacement set? One piece head band/mask and a fold up non-swivel goggles?

I'd be interested!!

I'd be very interested, especially after someone wrote about how their goggles broke when they were on the figure and nobody was touching them. I'm afraid the hot toys goggles will just one day be broken when I go look at my display.

I would be. My mask is on and unbroken but I do not have any faith in the long term durability of these even if i do not touch them.

i touched mine again. still in one piece.

the poll is holding at 70% ~ so we know at least a slender majority got it out of the box and onto her head in one piece, though it's impossible to tell how many broke after the fact.

Very cool of you to make the offer.

But it seems like the fold up would be pointless without the swivel. In the up position they need to look like cat ears, but without the swivel they can no longer work as goggles in the down position.

I would definitely buy one made by you. Then I could put my stock goggles back in the box for safe keeping.

The biggest flaw of this thread is that some people who said they did not break them might have broken them since haha. The OTHER side of mine just broke overnight. Woke up to see the goggles loose on the shelf in my detolf. The pressure must have popped it even though I made sure there wasn't any.

I am waiting to hear back from Sideshow Customer support on the matter.

Very cool of you to make the offer.

But it seems like the fold up would be pointless without the swivel. In the up position they need to look like cat ears, but without the swivel they can no longer work as goggles in the down position.

Good point. Please forgive as I don't have the figure yet... I could do one for down and another attachment for up.

The biggest flaw of this thread is that some people who said they did not break them might have broken them since haha. The OTHER side of mine just broke overnight. Woke up to see the goggles loose on the shelf in my detolf. The pressure must have popped it even though I made sure there wasn't any.

Waitaminute, are you saying that the one side was already broken, and the other side just fell off on its own?

The OTHER side of mine just broke overnight. Woke up to see the goggles loose on the shelf in my detolf. The pressure must have popped it even though I made sure there wasn't any.

:cuckoo: Utter madness.

I have to say stories like these make me nervous as hell.:lol

Waitaminute, are you saying that the one side was already broken, and the other side just fell off on its own?

One side broke at the joint originally. I seated the mask in the desired position, but I think there was still pressure coming from the mask. Either way I was greeted with another break at the same point on the other side.

I think the way the mask is seated in the head affects the pressure on the goggle arms.

Back