1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
They just responded to my follow up email requesting just the goggles/mask. They are shipping it out and I should have them in 7-10 days. I then need to destroy the original within five days and send them a picture showing proof (they already are destroyed!) or they will charge me for the goggles (no price listed on how much that would be).

They recommend that I put the goggles in a pillow case and then hit them with a hammer! The goggles are already loose from the mask so that wont be hard but the mask itself wont crush.

I was hoping they would let me keep the broken ones then I would glue them and leave them on the head and NEVER touch the new ones again.

Seriously? I was hoping to use the current broken ones forever and keep the replacement safe and sound. But I guess whatever it takes.

I just tried to do my mask --- I got it on but got scared ****less trying to rotate the goggles up to the cat ears.

I gave up and put them back in the box :lol

Selina will be maskless for a while I guess. :(

Seriously? I was hoping to use the current broken ones forever and keep the replacement safe and sound. But I guess whatever it takes.

what's the point of them sending you now the same pair of defective goggles, they will break again, is a defective piece, either the material or the design is at fault, when the dx2 had leaking oil in the abs they sent out a replacement body but with new materials that wont leak.
I just hope that they take matters in to consideration and redesign the goggles and then start a replacement program.

what's the point of them sending you now the same pair of defective goggles, they will break again, is a defective piece, either the material or the design is at fault, when the dx2 had leaking oil in the abs they sent out a replacement body but with new materials that wont leak.
I just hope that they take matters in to consideration and redesign the goggles and then start a replacement program.

And while we're dreaming, I'd like a pony.

And while we're dreaming, I'd like a pony.

They did it with the dx2 and it was a hell of more expensive thing to repleace the whole body, this is just the goggles , I think their facebook page needs to be flooded with complaints and they will have to do something about it, just like they did before.
Let's give them hell :pfft:

They did it with the dx2 and it was a hell of more expensive thing to repleace the whole body, this is just the goggles , I think their facebook page needs to be flooded with complaints and they will have to do something about it, just like they did before.

I hope a replacement program will be done for the goggles.

Sent from the Daily Planet using Tapatalk

Yeah, it is worth a try, but I still want that pony. ;)

My mask came broken and after emailing and getting no reply I called and got the answer so what do you want me to do.

I just tried to do my mask --- I got it on but got scared ****less trying to rotate the goggles up to the cat ears.

I gave up and put them back in the box :lol

Selina will be maskless for a while I guess. :(

I was about to put on the mask but changed my mind and put it back inside the box...:gah:

Darn it. Too many problems reported with the mask. I'm not risking $200 plus for this figure only to have a key feature potentially break while displaying. Makes me sad too. It looks like a great figure. :monkey2

The mask being removable isn't the problem, it's the arms. The same problems would've been present even if the mask had been fixed.

:exactly: I was hoping they wouldn't make the mask removable

I never cared if the mask was removable or not, but I still don't really think that would have made any difference as long as this mask had a moveable goggle section. I think the breakage problem has more to do with the type of plastic that is being used.

The material they are using on the goggle arms is just far too rigid and brittle for what it needs to do. Either they needed to use a different plastic or material on the arms, make the arms thicker (but less accurate then) , or make the arms out of perhaps, I don't know...metal? Something that can flex better?

The mask being glued in place wouldn't really fix the way these are breaking. Not as long as they kept the goggle arms so thin and made them out of a plastic that wasn't up to the stress.:(

Last edited:
The mask being removable isn't the problem, it's the arms. The same problems would've been present even if the mask had been fixed.

Damn, you kinda ninja'd my response, but I obviously agree with you.:lol

Darn it. Too many problems reported with the mask. I'm not risking $200 plus for this figure only to have a key feature potentially break while displaying. Makes me sad too. It looks like a great figure. :monkey2

Not to rub it in, but goggle problems or not, you ARE missing out.:lol

Back