1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
I took mine out and put them on her, and all was well. Then I took them off her and put them back in the box.

Now I am scared ****less that if I try to put them on her again...Kablooey!

I took mine out and put them on her, and all was well. Then I took them off her and put them back in the box.

Now I am scared ****less that if I try to put them on her again...Kablooey!

I swear if I get the mask on with no issues, it's staying on forever.:lol

Sorta like my policy toward the Loki helmet.

Got mine yesterday and was super nervous about opening it. Was contemplating about selling it, but I opened her anyways and gave it a go. I was fortunate that it didn't break on me. Slid the mask on Selina and slowly flipped the mask.

If you look on the back of the box in the fine print disclosure area there is a pointed statement that says something to the effect of "contrived damage" is not considered a defect and will not be replaced...

They better not cop to that rhetoric, this is obviously a big design flaw. Some of the figures I have from them are delicate sure, but nothing on this scale.

Sideshow is sending me a replacement mask. However, they have to wait for them from Hot Toys.

Just put mine on, and fortunately, I didn't break anything. In fact, I didn't even do anything fancy. Before putting them on, I pulled the goggles back, then placed the visor on her face and slowly slid the band down her head.

I didn't wet her hair first, I just layed her on my lap and used both hands to apply firm, even pressure as I slid the band down. Once it was on, i adjusted the visor, then made sure the band was as far down as it needed to be.

However, it was at this point that i realized i needed to rotate the goggles and panicked a little. Luckily I was able to rotate the goggles around to the proper position so they look like cat ears now.

I have to say, it was pretty tense making the adjustments, all while waiting for any of the pieces to snap. I'm really happy I was able to get it on without breaking anything and won't be touching a thing moving forward.

Pencil me in on the "haven't broken them yet" club. Hopefully nothing will snap in the future if I ever attempt to futz anything and get too cavalier.

I've got to say, it was as nerve-wracking rotating the top goggles as anything I've yet to experience in this hobby. They are staying put for a long while. lol

Got mine on pretty easily without breaking them. Just pulled her hair back a little and slowly put them on. Didn't undo the strap or anything. I'm not messing with them anymore though.

Pencil me in on the "haven't broken them yet" club. Hopefully nothing will snap in the future if I ever attempt to futz anything and get too cavalier.

I've got to say, it was as nerve-wracking rotating the top goggles as anything I've yet to experience in this hobby. They are staying put for a long while. lol

True! After one hour of trying putting the mask on and modifying the goggles position...i did it!:yess: In my opinion no mod or repaint action is necessary...:lecture

Whenever I want to mess with her mask, I just pull her head off. It makes it a lot easier to maneuver without having the whole figure in my way and I can adjust the hair around the strap a lot easier. Do a lot of people leave the head on when taking the mask on and off?

Back