TDK Official Blu-ray Specs, Cover Art, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks kinda like the Movie Masters Batpod from Mattel to me. If so, then its a Target exclusive since Target exlusively will carry the MM Batpod.

Good call! :lecture

My next guess is if Best Buy gets an exclusive box set they'll go with their usual theme of helmets/masks and have a scaled Joker Bank Robbery mask or something.

It looks kinda like the Movie Masters Batpod from Mattel to me. If so, then its a Target exclusive since Target exlusively will carry the MM Batpod.

Wait. Upon reading the solicitation closely, under a pic of the Batpod it says, "Not A Toy. For Display Purposes Only." So it's apparently not the Mattel one, but who knows.

I wonder if they scraped the idea of the different aspect ratios during the movie to recreate the Imax image for the Blu Ray version. It doesn't list that on the back of the Blu Ray package. I smell double dip....release the regular version first than release the Imax version down the road.

That wouldn't make sense.

It looks like they have it change aspect ratios for the IMAX scenes. But that wouldn't be a big enough selling point. The main thing about IMAX was the higher resolution and the Blu-Ray release is all the same.

No, the main thing about the IMAX was how freaking big and epic it looked...it wont be the same on a TV.

Look at the bottom picture with the whole $975 Million thing. It says under the blu-ray about the "action packed" IMAX framed sequences. Oh, they're there.

I can't believe there is no Ledger tribute as a special feature. There was obviously plenty of different takes filmed for his scenes. I would have loved to see all those. Pretty ^^^^ty of the WB.

I can't believe there is no Ledger tribute as a special feature. There was obviously plenty of different takes filmed for his scenes. I would have loved to see all those. Pretty ^^^^ty of the WB.

oh i'm sure that will be an extra special release next year.

finally figured out the pictures, hell yeah i'll in for the batpod.
even if you don't want to store the discs in the holder, you can easily just use a different dvd case and make a new dvd cover. then you can leave collectable alone.

finally figured out the pictures, hell yeah i'll in for the batpod.
even if you don't want to store the discs in the holder, you can easily just use a different dvd case and make a new dvd cover. then you can leave collectable alone.

how do you fix the pics (ha that rhymed) i still cant see them

There could be a reason for that outside of neglect or a future planned release.

Yeah I would have loved to see behind the scenes footage of the Joker and outtakes, as well as the make up progress.

Speculative, but perhaps Ledger's family asked that they not do such a thing and just leave his performance on its own as the tribute?

Maybe. Seems like an odd thing for them to do though. Regardless even if it wasn't in a tribute form Nolan could have included all the takes as deleted scenes. For some reason though Nolan has a thing against including deleted scenes. He's only had one in all his movies.

Back