Premium Format TBLeague 1/4 Scale Rambo Ⅲ Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CyMWVgb.jpg

Paint apps look amazing. The likeness still looks off though. The hair is recasted from Enterbays.

Looks much better in the video than even promo photos, proportions look much better. Here's to hoping they refine the others, I have a lot riding on how First Blood turns out.

Yeah that looks really cool. I too am eagerly awaiting the first blood version. I hope they tweak it a bit.

Yea great version of Rambo, he's only about 46cm tall though, Stallone is a short dude, no sorry he's not a dude, he's a "man"

Some things that look off to me at certain angles, but all in all, a very impressive piece, hope they continue and release the First Blood with equal effort to refine it by the end result.

Some things that look off to me at certain angles, but all in all, a very impressive piece, hope they continue and release the First Blood with equal effort to refine it by the end result.

Agreed that the head sculpt looks off at certain angles, but that's the usual with all Stallone sculptures, they did a great job on the physique, clothing, paint and base, so this one grades a B+.

Agreed. It does look a little off but the paintwork is excellent.

Stallone’s own face looks off at certain angles :)

Agreed. Does anyone know why it's so hard for someone to get the Stallone head sculpt right? I just don't understand why anyone except for Blitzway's Rocky II statue has come close. I own the Blitzway Rocky, and it's perfection, just don't understand why others can't equal the quality that Blitzway captured in it's Stallone statue?

Some faces just pose challenge to sculptors, with no real understandable reason.

As far as Stallone goes though, I think part of it is lack of products and style of artists. I have several of the Rambo pieces from HCG that Edinho Maga sculpted, and while he's got talent and really captures the character essence and a general likeness to Stallone, his sculpts are a bit stylized, not quite cartoony, but definitely not a realist as some other artists. I'd say the same for his Rocky pieces as well.

I have the Enterbay Rambo 3, and aside from maybe slightly undersized eyes, I think they really nailed Stallone.

Sideshow's Rocky and Rambo busts as well as the Rambo PF all have a similar, stylized look and lack the realism of BW or Enterbay, so even if features are done right, something will still feel off compared to pieces that strive to look like a 3D photo.

The PCS Rambo has a really nice overall portrait, but the few pics we've seen make it look like some stage between the cartoonish style of Sideshow and HCG and the realism of Enterbay, Blitzway and TBLeague, closer to the later, but still not quite lifelike.

I actually find the body posture to be what throws me off with this Rambo 3, not the face. From some angles, the arms seem unrealistic in their pose, from others, not too bad. I think part of it is how the muscles are done where his right shoulder and pec meet, Stallone has that old injury from Rocky 2 that's very distinct and shows up in situations like this statue depicts and they just don't quite have it.

Agreed. Does anyone know why it's so hard for someone to get the Stallone head sculpt right? I just don't understand why anyone except for Blitzway's Rocky II statue has come close. I own the Blitzway Rocky, and it's perfection, just don't understand why others can't equal the quality that Blitzway captured in it's Stallone statue?

Well the Blitzway Rocky is sculpted by K.A.Kim and she is probably the best head sculpt artist in the world.

Back