Action Figure taylerdurdem´s 1/6 scar predator bio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: taylerdurdem´s 1/6 predator biomasks POST #1 EDITED

work in progres....
I do not find pictures of the back of the plasma canon. but I've copied the plasma canon of neca predators. I guess necafigures. They would have original documentation predator 2 movie designs. but this part of the plasma canon was never in the movie
I hope you like it

p4010033.jpg

p4010034.jpg

p4010035.jpg

p4010045.jpg

p4010046q.jpg

p4010051.jpg

p4010053.jpg

p4010054.jpg

now it does look like a fat roach (instead of a roach after a slipper hit) and that is cool )

if it was fatter, it would be even better, but i guess you are already too tired of remaking it, and it won't be that noticeable in hand anyway.

just compare it to your first version. it became 200% better.

is it possible to edit its left side details a little?

are you planning to make a holder hole closer to its back? it would fit the movie appearance better that way, if left on original HT stick. movie cannon has a middle holder position, too, but their stick is short and almost invisible.

or are you planning to make a shorter stick replacement, too?

Last edited:

I was thinking of making a shorter support but I do not be the solution. the canon have a very wide range of motion. and with a shorter support canon movement. is very limited. It would take a telescopic support or get support from sliding through the slot in the armor. but this is very difficult to reproduce

I look for another solution. I decenter the canon hitch. the hole for the ball is on one side in the back. thus the canon is more advance or sometimes closer to the head before. and when the barrel is in the back is in position as in the movie

I hope to explain well. I will try to post pictures

The way I believe it works in the movie is that it's meant to slide along that track on a short support. You'd have to modify the actual armor too I think to make that work.

20a42845dd6e.jpg

this is what i'd do.
otherwise it won't be centered when it lies on his back.

The way I believe it works in the movie is that it's meant to slide along that track on a short support. You'd have to modify the actual armor too I think to make that work.
i think you're right.
when P2 climbs the wall, his cannon is seen on his back lower than the medkit.
when one of predators in same armor (may be that was gort) walks away on predator ship, his cannon sits higher than the medkit.
that definitely means that its position changes up and down along the rail while still staying on the back.

The hole should be set aside. not forget that this canon is wider than the original HT. if the hole is centered. canon medikit pushes too far.
indeed offset the hole the only solution. easy

i see )
right, your cannon is way bigger and demands another attaching condition.

Have I mentioned that I can't wait to give you my money to get one of these sets? ;)

44.jpg:original

perfect match :)
and here's what dedguy mentioned about sliding along the rail: same armor, same cannon direction but cannon sits higher. impossible without sliding OR calling it "a different model" without cause.

Predator2_113.jpg:original

This is looking awesome! Actually watching this movie right now and right before the pred fires at Keyes has anyone noticed that the cannon is short and then extends longer just before he fires it? I replayed it a few times 'cause I was like "Waiiiiiiit a minute."

...or am I just late at noticing this? >_>

This is looking awesome! Actually watching this movie right now and right before the pred fires at Keyes has anyone noticed that the cannon is short and then extends longer just before he fires it? I replayed it a few times 'cause I was like "Waiiiiiiit a minute."

i noticed it when i first saw it, its a subtle thing so i don't blame you for not noticing it

noted long ago )

extend_cannon_01.jpg:original

extend_cannon_02.jpg:original

extend_cannon_03.jpg:original

extend_cannon_04.jpg:original

i noticed it when i first saw it, its a subtle thing so i don't blame you for not noticing it
...compared to you i noticed it like yesterday O_O

On a related note I always wondered where in hell that "spear tip" they recover and analyze came from. He never seems to have a weapon anything like that.

On a related note I always wondered where in hell that "spear tip" they recover and analyze came from. He never seems to have a weapon anything like that.

there is some speculation that it is fired from his left gauntlet but in the scene were it is seen being fired it appears to be from something he is holding in his right hand

* you can clearly tell it's his right arm since you see his shoulder bell

*also i think the projectile fired from the left gauntlet is called a plasma bolt i believe (dont quate me on that)

03lb2nx9.jpg

Last edited:

there is some speculation that it is fired from his left gauntlet but in the scene were it is seen being fired it appears to be from something he is holding in his right hand

* you can clearly tell it's his right arm since you see his shoulder bell

*also i think the projectile fired from the left gauntlet is called a plasma bolt i believe (dont quate me on that)

03lb2nx9.jpg

i thought it came from the net gun ,man i gonna have to watch it again :slap

The-predators-arsenal-20040813062933812-001.PNG

an old speculation, very popular.
i don't know if it is a complete fanmade idea or is based on anything.
but the shape fits.

The-predators-arsenal-20040813062933812-001.PNG

an old speculation, very popular.
i don't know if it is a complete fanmade idea or is based on anything.
but the shape fits.

First off Tayler your work on the plasma caster is outstanding,that needs to be on every predator 2 figure out there. Simply amazing work you are doing, I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for taking the time to do this for all of us, you are a truly epic guy, and your stuff is always top notch. Please keep up the great work.
Secondly Tayler I would love to see you tackle this weapon seen above, or even some new weapons or armor for us costomizers, You have so much raw talent friend, and your work is amazing, and so clean. By far some of the best I have ever seen. I would love to see some completely custom new stuff, especially a predator Axe and rifle.

Back