Tatooine Scene: Searching for Droids

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was selling his 3 sandies at he end of October, so maybe he moved on? Did some amazing work while here.

ablade2.313b1.jpg

This projet is so amazing man, and was very helpful and motivating!

I'm working on a dio similar to yours, but in a different scales. Working on the wall texture and the door atm :

Wow! I never saw this. I vanished for a while. This looks incredible as does the Lars plantation piece. How did it come out?

If I could cuss and stuff in this forum I would right now. Great stuff. All of it is absolutely ****** fantastic!

I'm ordering that door from from scratch builder to redo this diorama. I'm so stoked to see his work.

I would really love to see how Sectar02's finished product came out.

Man, I had forgotten how awesome these shots were. Will, sure miss your contributions to this place.

BTW, Thanks, Chris. I had went through a rough spot and was really stressed out at work.....so i disappeared, but found my way back. I have to say, this is one of the greatest group of people I have come across. The stoke we share for this passion is a very cool thing. My wife said, from a standpoint of psychology, it's very healthy to rekindle the kind of passion we had as children. It's the purest form of joy. We're lucky to be able to share it with each other.

image.jpg

I've decided to rework this diorama. I purchased the door from Jas, he did a much better door than I had and I wanted to make it bigger and improve on the door molding, I really screwed up the first one...lazy work, really.
Anyway, with the new bucket I'm much more interested in my display.

image.jpg

image.jpg

What are the possibilities with these new Hot Toys and Sideshow releases?

Exciting times!

image.jpg

I've reframed the door and aligned the two halves and screwed and glued everything to a condition that was straighter and more secure than before. I also reattached and reinforced the seam. Now I need to use the adobe wall covering to cut it up before I finalize on the door molding.

image.jpg

Thanks, friend. Haven't seen you for a few days. This time I used wood strips and I cut and glued each one individually.....it's a chore. I was a little disappointed in the thickness...but it's all the hobby shop had. I think it's workable....although This time I want it as close to perfect as I can get it.

I'm not "around" that much as I've unsubscribed from most Star Wars threads, including all Hot Toys threads. :) I'm much more interested in what's happening in custom projects like this.

How thick would you prefer? I'm wondering if styrene or ABS sheet would be a good solution - it's relatively easy to cut straight pieces in bulk using a good clamping straight edge.

How about the door face?

Back