Premium Format Tarkin PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually do realize that, and I know that a HT Tarkin is very unlikely, but unless SS somehow manages to match HT's level of work when it comes to head sculpts,texture and paint, I don't see me settling for something so inferior in quality.

The bar has been raised and there is no going back. at least not for me.

There has never been anything inferior about the majority of Sideshow's sculpts. Paint is the only thing to worry about in regard to any human character from them, but the last two comparable figures (Chancellor Palpatine and Ben Kenobi) were great.

But if you want to wait (or maybe spend a grand on a custom) all the more power to you.

This is a must buy for me if it’s done well. I'm sure SS will hit it out of the park. I don't want to see them make the same mistake they did with the Emperor PF, which was a real disappointment.

This is a must buy for me if it’s done well. I'm sure SS will hit it out of the park. I don't want to see them make the same mistake they did with the Emperor PF, which was a real disappointment.

Well the point that he is standing is a plus :hi5:
They may have some articulation in the arm to have him standing with his hand under his chin or have it behind his back.

Something like this
tarkin1.jpg

and this
Grand_Moff_Tarkin.jpg

That would require a lot of articulation especially on a PF

There has never been anything inferior about the majority of Sideshow's sculpts. Paint is the only thing to worry about in regard to any human character from them, but the last two comparable figures (Chancellor Palpatine and Ben Kenobi) were great.

But if you want to wait (or maybe spend a grand on a custom) all the more power to you.

I think, for me at least, I have reached a point in my collecting that I no longer feel the need to jump on the majority of figures just because they have been released. I think I look at these figures more critically than I used to, as I have become more aware of just what can be achieved by these artists. SS has their bright spots, but they just cannot equal HT when it comes to human faces. The 2 figures you mentioned above are probably their best work yet, but as good as they are, they are still playing catch up with HT.

And by the way, I would never spend the money on a custom, but i have learned little more patience.

Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars Grand Moff Tarkin Premium Format Figure

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0bUs4oBnj8"]Sideshow Collectibles Star Wars Grand Moff Tarkin Premium Format Figure - YouTube[/ame]

Fana Collec Channel!​

Oh, that's cool that he comes with a droid. I guess that's about all you could add to him.

It looks fantastic but Tarkin isn't really in the list I would want in this formatting and at that price. Hopefully the 1:6 figure looks just as good.

Before I came into this thread I thought it was dead-on Cushing. Now looking at actual pics of him and the sculpt it bears a resemblance but isn't exact. Still really good though...

Back