Premium Format Tarkin PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Mitchell

Super Freak
Reaction score
Nobody noticed this :dunno?
xaophz.jpg

If this was a 1/6 announcement, I'd be happier than when I saw the new fett. I've wanted a Tarkin to go with Vader for years now, and Ss does such a good job with old.

Yep, saw it. Very happy to see this because it means the 1/6 is coming too. Hope they sell this soon.

If this was a 1/6 announcement, I'd be happier than when I saw the new fett. I've wanted a Tarkin to go with Vader for years now, and Ss does such a good job with old.

:lecture

Tarkin and Dooku are the two glaring omissions (human) from the SW line. It's Cushing and Lee! C'mon!

But I'm happy for you PF collectors out there.

I was hoping it was a 1/6 announcement as well... when I first saw the image I was pretty excited. That faded quickly when I saw it was a PF :monkey2

Still pretty cool though and shows Sideshow is still willing to go pretty deep in the PF series.

Yarghhh, we're gonna get a 1/4 Chewie before get a 1/6 Chewie too, hunh??

This is cool, but I'll also consider the 1:6 because as I said the Stomie PF is most likely to be my last PF.

I was hoping more for a 1:6 figure. Maybe I'll rearrange my sith display and have PF Vader with Tarkin (if I get him) and Sith Eyes Anakin with Palps (if I get him). Right now I have both version of Vader together.

Had this been announced a year ago, I'd have been excited. Now that Hot Toys is doing Star Wars, I have vowed to never buy another human character from Sideshow. I will just wait patiently til HT gets around to that character. As far as clones and aliens go, Sideshow is fine.

Sideshow Collectibles Comic-Con 2011 Inside Look Tarkin Premium Format Figure

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DER5NYoaVQ"]‪Sideshow Collectibles Comic-Con 2011 Inside Look Premium Format Figures‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Fana Collec Channel!​

Hot Toys doesn't have free reign on the Star Wars license so there's not going to be a 'getting around' to most figures.

I actually do realize that, and I know that a HT Tarkin is very unlikely, but unless SS somehow manages to match HT's level of work when it comes to head sculpts,texture and paint, I don't see me settling for something so inferior in quality.

The bar has been raised and there is no going back. at least not for me.

Edit... Funny I get carried away talking about 1:6 figures when it is a PF they are previewing.

Sideshow's sculpts have improved incredibly over the last few years. I bet they would ROCK a new sculpt of Tarkin. He's #1 on my 1:6th wishlist. The thought of the PF is tempting.

Back