tantive IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's simply top notch, have you tried finding a blueish filter for the light? for the imperial grey vibe like the film. maybe a sheet of blue acetate? (depends how hot the light gets)

gooooood..... gooooood
emperorelectric2.gif

Ok...some of you asked for it.... everything is made of wood. The window is triplex and the rest is MDF. The stars are lights with in front of it a perspex sheet with foil. With a nail I punctured holes of different proportions to create a starfield. I've used 6 spots with five behind the starfield and one in front to try and recreate the lighting on set. If you see it with your own eyes the star really glow....cool effect. I carefully sawed the window and glued sections of the curved window at an angle on it which I first drilled the openings out. Boring stuff cause I needed like 25 of them to create the curved look. The platform and stairs are mdf with fabric attached to give it a nice even and soft cover. There is a ledlight integrated in the floor for a lightspot on plapies face that gives him that eary look. The gizmo's on the top are hasbro leftover guns, droidparts and some copper pipes I had lying around. At that time everything was still removable so I painted it first and then assembled it with glue.
There are some small issues that could have been prevented but I just wanted to finish the thing of. So if anyone wants to recreate Palpatine's throne room than take your time and be patient. It's alot of trial and error. Sometimes frustration but in the end it's absolutely great fun and a nice way to display your dolls.

Wonderful crafrsmanship, looks spectacular. Now I want to finish mine, but I wouldn't have anyplace to put that thing.

picture.php

I''ve got this guy....

picture.php

next week I'm gonna get this fellow at FACTS, Belgium....

picture.php

and within a few months Bossk....and voila...

picture.php

a diorama in the making!!:clap

Don't forget Dengar's shoe and a protocol droid arm with an MG-34 :lol can't wait to see this

Attach this to the ceiling of a room....with battle damaged luke hanging onto the antenna....Unbeatable display never to be topped! :lecture Your best dio ever and thats saying alot...congrats. :clap

Back