Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are so many people enamoured with this thing???

Forget the rivets for 2 seconds... the shape is completely wrong.

Using the top of each of his legs as guidelines (also matching the width), I exactly lined up the actual R2 over the top of the Tama - and here's the result. The girth of his belly (which then leads into his head) is waaaaaaay to skinny, thus sending all the proportions out. He has a conehead..

Looks like he's been vertically stretched.

Even when you look at all the variation photos of the Tama/Real McCoy, it's still plain to see.

Maybe it's R2's long, lost, taller brother?

Agreed. But still can't wait to see more pics and hopefully be proven wrong.

One comparison proves nothing.

d64f2c9835dbe6c382acb72f94ad6d15.jpg

See? Looks perfect.

Yeah I agree with both WTC and Lee. This is going to hopefully be the last R2 I ever buy in 6th scale!

You just have to look at the sides of the base to see that the shot was taken with a reasonably wide-angle lens. The sides are parallel, but they quickly converge in that pic.

I sure hope this turns out great, or I want to be hopeful, but it's difficult. :(

Sideshow is too small and thin, HT (which looks better proportioned to me) is supposed to be shorter than Sideshow so that's likely way too small. This would be the fourth high end collectible in 1/6 and still the Taito clock is overall the best one for scale and proportion. :gah:

I sure hope this turns out great, or I want to be hopeful, but it's difficult. :(

Sideshow is too small and thin, HT (which looks better proportioned to me) is supposed to be shorter than Sideshow so that's likely way too small. This would be the fourth high end collectible in 1/6 and still the Taito clock is overall the best one for scale and proportion. :gah:

:exactly:

As I've been saying for a while - the fact we keep getting too-tall Vaders and too-small R2's over and over from different companies says that LFL/Disney must have some kind of "official height" for the characters (presumably to emphasize "towering" for Vader and "cute" for R2.) Companies have to match that height rather than the way they visually appear onscreen. There's really no other explanation for why this keeps happening.

RO Vader is the fifth too-tall 1/6 Vader, and Tama R2 is the third quite recent 1/6 R2 to be too small.

Yeah, it does seem suspiciously like some kind of enforced standard from up on high at this point, you could add the old Han hair colour situation, as well. Probably some unreasonable jobsworth in the approvals department at the mouse house that wont compromise or budge an inch on anything against what is written on his definitions list... :gah:

How did I miss the tape measure? :slap

Well still looks lacking in girth, but a slither of hope restored. Come on "Japanese Star Wars scolar" old buddy, don't let me down.

While this looks like a full-size R2 in some pics, the sheen on that dome I'm not loving. Looks like silver paint with a clear gloss over it. Really hope this turns out a brushed metal dome - with all the diecast on 3po, you'd assume as much.

Looks great. Except the very first thing my eye goes to.... are the rivet holes. I can get past skinny, & I can get past small, but those holes? :banghead

Back