Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wish we could have a Hot Toys side by side with c3po.

image.jpg

I think R2 looks great and I don’t mind the rivets in theory, but they should be less prominent and more subtle.

The size looks a tad small.

Scale seems fine to me. I guess it's just a matter of rivets. :)

With or without them, I'm getting this gorgeous piece.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I think that these comparison pictures show quite clearly that although the SSC R2 is a decent figure, it looks like a toy compared to the Tami R2.

This. ^

The rivets are cool but they better be smaller and barely noticeable. Just like they've been for the past 40 years. The Baker boots are great! Glad they're removable.

White painted diecast or plastic always looks better than plain white plastic. That's the biggest difference I see. Still not sure about that dome, all the pics still make it look like sprayed-on silver paint, and not bare metal.

The extra diecast is worth it to having a 2-lb projectile to hurl at burglars (with lights and sounds to boot!).

White painted diecast or plastic always looks better than plain white plastic. That's the biggest difference I see. Still not sure about that dome, all the pics still make it look like sprayed-on silver paint, and not bare metal.

The extra diecast is worth it to having a 2-lb projectile to hurl at burglars (with lights and sounds to boot!).

Hopefully the spray painted dome is only on the proto. If you look at the earlier proto pics of this figure a few years back, the dome was die cast. I can't see any reason why they would retract on that decision. Maybe they have Painted the proto's dome so it is less reflective and photographs better for promotional purposes?

yeah, that's true.

Proportion-wise I believe Hot Toys R2 is the best. Their die cast dome also looked good. The main problem with Hot Toys is that it is 17,8 cm tall, which is less than the Tamashii (18,3 cm), and even less than the SS R2 (18,1 cm).

Why are so many people enamoured with this thing???

Forget the rivets for 2 seconds... the shape is completely wrong.

Using the top of each of his legs as guidelines (also matching the width), I exactly lined up the actual R2 over the top of the Tama - and here's the result. The girth of his belly (which then leads into his head) is waaaaaaay to skinny, thus sending all the proportions out. He has a conehead..

Looks like he's been vertically stretched.

Even when you look at all the variation photos of the Tama/Real McCoy, it's still plain to see.

Maybe it's R2's long, lost, taller brother?

Back