Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Err... umm... I'm displaying 3PO with the bolt and my BD Luke Bespin is next to him posed as Bespin corridor...
I'll have the bolt on him too.. just making an observation, that's all. :wink1:

Yeah the included stand just doesn't feel safe. Not sure if a regular "old" SSC style goes high enough and if the ring is large enough to go over 3PO's head, but my stand is from one of the Diamond select Ultimate 1/4 figs and it has that same split ring. I just raise it to take 3PO off display, then put him back and lower it down over his head to his shoulder line. I put some clear tube on the ring so there's no metal-metal contact. You can't really notice it when in place and its just a black plastic disc as base (though larger than the SSC base.)
I think - as I mentioned, once I wrap some black cloth around the support part, not only will it be more snug, but protect the paint. I'll take pics once I get him. :)

I have mine on the stand it came with right now. I could see it possibly falling forward with a HT stand arm.
I just don't like the included stand at all. Don't like the waist holding idea, or the way it looks. :lol

Regarding the wax you guys are talking about; has anyone thought of BLU-TAC yet? That stuff is excellent, it's strong, fine to use on anything, & has limitless uses. For those who don't like stands, I'd try two small-ish b@ll$ of that under each of 3PO's feet too, & see how that goes. You can find it pretty much anywhere at newsagencies or supermarkets, & it's cheap too.

Use it the right way & I bet he'll be as solid as a rock - I'll try that as well. :lecture

Last edited:
blu-tac loses its tac over time too - it'll be sturdy-as for weeks, months or even years and then one day...

The included stand works for me, but it will also depend on the pose you use, of course.

Anything aggressive will alter his center of gravity and cause him to tilt, lean, etc.

You mean you're wrapping the clasper part of a SSC stand with cloth then gripping 3PO's waist?

And don't use blu-tac, it stains walls. That stuff is sh__.
Well, thank you for that polite recommendation. :lol :monkey1

It certainly isn't **** - it has many great uses. I've used it for smaller figures - it's more than fine for those, among other great practical applications. Just use common sense with what you're sticking it to. :huh

I was talking about it in context to standing 3PO directly onto a glass surface like a detolf shelf - there's nothing to 'stain'. I'm not sure about the effect it'd have on the paint / underside of the feet over time though. 3PO is heavy too, so it may not be ideal. It was just a suggestion anyway.

Regarding the stand - the HT stands.

14811.png

:lol

If there's a genuine problem with an item, HLJ give you 10 days to let them know, & providing you follow their guidelines for their return policy, you're completely looked after, whether it's a replacement or return.

They don't seem to be running out of 3POs yet, but we'll see. :)

I've taken enough risks with purchases lately.:horror:rotfl

i still waiting for C3P0 landed in my house haha..
last week there's a toy fair in my city and tamashi nation open a booth there. i really2 stunned with C3P0, it's so amazing..
I also ask the tamashi nation representative, she said that R2D2 will be ready to PO at jan 2014, still a long wait hahaha

back in stock at AmiAmi and price unchanged.
It might also be of interest for the ones that got issues with their 3PO coming from this retailer.

Let me type slower so you get it. Blu-tac... is... SH__!:lol
Whatever you say professor.. :wave :moon :duff

But yeah, you'll find that the HT stand just doesn't really grip 3PO enough. His center of gravity is firmly above the point that the stand grips and the whole stand feels like a apple box trying to support a car. This fig is way-heavy and top heavy.
Fair enough. I still hate the included stand though, & although Lejuan's fishing line idea sounds like a good one, I don't think I'll be doing that.

Maybe I'll just make an entire stand out of BLU-TAC. :D

:lol

I almost think the blue tack or museum wax won't be strong enough to hold him! I don't have any recent experience with those, but Threepio is so damn heavy that I can see him laughing off the substance as he takes a dive off the shelf!

I almost think the blue tack or museum wax won't be strong enough to hold him! I don't have any recent experience with those, but Threepio is so damn heavy that I can see him laughing off the substance as he takes a dive off the shelf!

:lol yeah I could well imagine that!

I have Threepio perfectly posed without a stand and he ain't going nowhere!

I just like the idea of this gel for my other figures thus eradicating the need for fugly stands :yess:

I would not use Blue Tack. Museum Wax. Let's just say that everything has it under it. Since I posted my post we had two Quakes in Calif. Nothing moved. Other then Christmas Yoda but I he really does not like the darkside and is always falling.

Museum Wax is not just a name. They used it in Museums. At one point the stuff cost big bucks.

Back