Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't bother. All that sounds ridiculous. So its the price +shipping+commission for a dirty, chipped paint R2? :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I just looked out of curiosity, but it's a little too cumbersome and my desire just isn't enough to cross the speed bumps (or rather labyrinth) in the process.

I'll get a Medi r2 and resell after if a better representation comes out. As far as 3po, this figure may not be perfect, but definitive.

****ing Medi R2s are 200+...

Not on Yahoo. :hi5::yess:

I can understand it might not seem like it's worth it for you guys, but living in the US or close to the border has spoiled you somewhat I'm afraid. :)

Take solace in the fact that if there ever IS a Tamashii R2 you will be able to get it for at least $100 less than I ever will, even buying from Japan at 75% of the US list price..

LOL think again I'm in Canada I pay import fees on pretty much everything if I so choose to buy it from retailer sites. The guys who are spoiled are our American brothers.

LOL think again I'm in Canada I pay import fees on pretty much everything if I so choose to buy it from retailer sites. The guys who are spoiled are our American brothers.

If you get it shipped to a US address then you can usually avoid the import and sometimes shipping fees. I get my stuff shipped to a warehouse that just receives goods for Canadians. They just charge a small price for the service.

I do the same, as well as using it for my US business address, but that's only god for people near a border. I was just at my mailbox today in fact, it got pretty busy just after we were done, phew, glad I got in early..

Actually the odds are really in your favor of them missing taxes/customs all together...I have packages with Hot Toys figures and even C-3po sent in from Asia for $200 - $300 + dollars...almost all of them get missed, I think because most of the outside paperwork is in a different language. The percentage is the same for the US, Canada Post only charges about 2 in 10. Really good odds.

I don't think they "miss" anything really, it's likely there just isn't enough manpower to broker everything without the service level deteriorating to an unacceptable level. I find that with most orders from Asia the senders completely falsify the customs forms, including much lower values. So there's probably some "cut off" number where they'll definitely pull your package aside.

I have friends at Canada Post and it absolutely is a lack of time/ manpower issue...they 'select' items to inspect and items to charge, gives a little more gambling fun to collecting...but the odds are not in the house's favor...not even close. Actually the Asian sellers usually mark the value correct on high $$ items, but they list them in YEN or otherwise...and if nobody checks wants to try to convert it to find out the correct amount...YAY.

And there is so much illegal 'stuff' going over the borders they spend most of their effort going after those packages...so I think a Robert Downey Jr figure showing up on an x-ray screen really doesn't mean anything to them at all.

They may not be perfectly scale but they just look perfect together. IMAG0921_1.jpg

Back