Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Top of one of the neck rods. Just throwing it out there for people to make an informed purchasing decision. If my figure had arrived intact, I would have endorsed AmiAmi 100%, because everything else about them was flawless, including super fast shipping and an otherwise well packed box.

Incidentally, I miraculously found the missing tip! I was getting the box to put into long term storage, and thought I'd give it one last look. So I opened it and looked carefully in the first tray. Nothing. Lifted up the bottom tray. Nothing. Lifted that up and looked into the empty box. Nothing but a couple of specks of dirt.

But wait a minute! Could it be? One of those super tiny little pieces of dirt was actually the tip! I still don't know how I saw it. It is truly the size of a pin, that thing. Or like a single ice cream sprinkle.

Anyway, I attached it with model glue and it stuck for a couple of days til just yesterday I hit it with my thumb getting the head open. So I just have to do it again.

If my 3po bust is flawless ill be picking this guy up for the display. Aside from Jabba and his pals. C3PO and R2 represent the fun side of starwars as well as the under dogs that saved the galaxy. ;). Plus my collection could use some light.

I really wish I waited to buy this cheaper. I bought mine from Sideshow for fear of CS issues buying from a Japanese company. I also got a screaming deal on a Squad Leader SSC Santrooper from Redford Films...would have love to repaid them with this order...they are very well priced. They deserve the business.

Congrats on your buy. I love my C-3PO.

36DF4609-4DBA-4C1E-9222-F6FDE7839BE3-6058-000003C0BE6676C0_zpsa0816e25.jpg

That backround is amazing :clap:clap, I gotta ask, did you post this in the custom section? I would really like to try and mimic this!!!!!

That backround is amazing :clap:clap, I gotta ask, did you post this in the custom section? I would really like to try and mimic this!!!!!

Please do and feel free to ask any questions if you have. I posted this in customs under "Tatooine Scene, Searching For Droids". I have quite a few photos showing different phases and discuss some process.

It's a work in progress....not to difficult at all. Just get some super glue, the correct wood (light and easy to glue) and some wood braces and the thing is SOLID.

I really wish I waited to buy this cheaper. I bought mine from Sideshow for fear of CS issues buying from a Japanese company. I also got a screaming deal on a Squad Leader SSC Santrooper from Redford Films...would have love to repaid them with this order...they are very well priced. They deserve the business.

Congrats on your buy. I love my C-3PO.

36DF4609-4DBA-4C1E-9222-F6FDE7839BE3-6058-000003C0BE6676C0_zpsa0816e25.jpg

OMG Solo! Incredible doesn't begin to describe. . . Well done. I would have thought this was a promo photo, if I hadn't seen your vaporator dio already. Well done sir!

Sent from my GT-P1000R using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, CDN! This project took me through a dark period at my last job and really helped me deal with the stress. Now, it's just a backdrop for one of the most awesome figures to come out..and the most legitimate figure I own to date.

The backdrop is still work in progress....but it's fun. Trying to get there...nothing like Feroze, Flying Ductchman, Barry, and all the others work. Just trying to enjoy the process.

Anyway, I attached it with model glue and it stuck for a couple of days til just yesterday I hit it with my thumb getting the head open. So I just have to do it again.

:) That's awesome. I'm not soooo picky - a glued-on tip I could live with, even if it needed a touch-up every now and again. But to have it missing altogether... I'm picky enough that I'd die inside every time I looked at it, even though you can't see it unless you're a foot away from it.

Still though, sucks that amiami didn't see it as a problem.

So when is R2 from this series being released?

Not soon enough!!! Love Bespin Luke... but C3PO easily replaced him as the star of my Star Wars collection! It's absolutely perfect in every way! Luke is awesome, but I'd have preferred him in his Jedi or tatooine outfit.

This figure should win some sort of award. It really is a work of art.
If only they could make a Darth Vader that was this good.

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

Absolutely agree with you, but let's take this one step at a time. Let's hope for an amazing R2 first, then we can move on to Vader. :) :hi5:

482662_499543736772543_844054136_n_zps733f353d.jpg

Thank you so much PJB-1138!

It is really hard to see the dramatic difference in the iPhone picture, but it really has made a huge difference! I am really really happy with the eye mod and the amber glow they now have. Thank you so much to Phil for sending me the material to use for the mod :hi5:

It really is a cake walk guys, if you are thinking about doing it.

I keep hearing people say that this IS SS's C-3PO. Has this been confirmed? (not that i care i would most likely not get a SS 3po or any after this ever again) I am wondering if there has been official confirmation of this down the line anywhere.

Go back to page 285. We started debating this very issue around there.

Short story is: no real confirmation, but it is heavily suggested that it IS SS's Threepio.

Look like HLJ and ami are about the same about 340$ shipped. SS with the 25$ coupon is going to be about 392$ shipped. (but with flawless CS in case something is wrong)

Hmmmmm. (would like to find it in the US for around 340 ish or cheaper)

It's possible to do that... so far it's been offered by two boardies for $340 and $325 shipped. So; I think you're spot-on in terms of a good price now.

I still think with the high cost and ES that this will take a decent dip before it sells out.

Well i am looking at 342$ shipped from amazon right now. Dunno if this thing goes for 300$ shipped in the future....Maybe maybe not. (One went for 310$ shipped on ebay yesterday)

Go back to page 285. We started debating this very issue around there.

Short story is: no real confirmation, but it is heavily suggested that it IS SS's Threepio.

Thanks.

Yeah just their name on it.

Yeah just their name on it.

Not exactly. They state very clearly, multiple times on all product pages that it's manufactured by Sideshow and Tamashii Nations. It doesn't get more official than that besides issuing a press release - stating the same thing. ;)

Pretty sure Tamashii/Bandai or whatever did 90% of the work :)

That depends on how you classify "work." All of Sideshow's products are built in asia in factories that Sideshow does not themselves own. But Sideshow designs the products and oversees production.

An example from another industry: Apple doesn't own any of its own factories. All their products at this point in time are exclusively manufacturer and assembled by HonHai/Foxconn.

But irrespective of how much handling or hand-holding Sideshow has done on this particular product, it's being marketed as their own. And considering it's a premium-priced and high-quality offering, it stands to reason that a lower-cost version will not be forthcoming. That would likely not sit well with collectors who have already bought the more expensive offering, nor are they likely to realize repeat sales to those same people. Usually you'd offer a lower end product of this type first and then come out with the uber-edition for a chance to realize a ton of repeat business.

IMO, the only thing they should have changed, sales/marketing-wise, is the price. $299. Still a bit on the steep side, but much more attractive to a much larger audience.

Back