Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, everything from this line is a day one purchase for me, it's worth the price in my opinion.

In other news, I believe in one or two more days I should be able to present you with a new custom creation in this line.. ;)

Looking forward to seeing this buddy ;)

At this point white protoype Boba still a missing piece from my collection due to the price tag.....

At this point white protoype Boba still a missing piece from my collection due to the price tag.....

Save a bit of money and get it buddy, you can think that is just a boba/jango repaint or even an unpainted figure, but he is quite awesome and displays very well in the Fett clan

Looking forward to seeing this buddy ;)

Thanks, it's always nice to see encouragement from this fine community :)

Here's my latest work, and once again I decided to go for some of my favorite characters, the bounty hunters. Since I'm still hoping Tamashii will eventually release IG-88 I've been focusing my efforts on his fellow hunters, and today it was Bossk's turn.

Maybe it's poetic that I used the Manga Realization Spider-Man figure for Zuckuss previously and the Iron Man for 4-LOM, but tradition decided I once again pick an Avenger to create a bounty hunter and so I chose Captain America. Here he is next to the intended goal character.

5Cykfgc.jpg
fAhDTrX.png

I didn't want to make Bossk fully alien in this collection, instead I decided to go for a dragon or reptilian-themed armor worn by a samurai, and so I used epoxy resin to sculpt a full helmet (with eye holes and snarling mouth), sculpted the armguards , gloves, shinguards and boots to have a scaled appearance and I added the talons on gloves and boot tips for intimidation, attack and climbing. I also gave him a fearsome naginata / polearm to intimidate his foes further.

2jq83t7.jpg

“Res luk ra'auf.”

And a closer view.

Vko7YNP.jpg

And here's an ensemble view of the whole collection, officials and customs together.

hI4s1El.jpg

Hope you like it, see you soon with more customs coming. Next I'm probably going to tackle some Old Republic Sith Lords... ;)

Maybe it's poetic that I used the Manga Realization Spider-Man figure for Zuckuss previously and the Iron Man for 4-LOM, but tradition decided I once again pick an Avenger to create a bounty hunter and so I chose Captain America. Here he is next to the intended goal character.

You used an original Cap? Sorry but that is waste of money.
Custom is great. I am working on the same bounty hunter for months, but have no time to finish him. I also wanted to use scale armor like Caps but did not want to pay 100$ for custom raw material. I went for full reptilian but your approach is better.
How did you do the claws?

Custom is great. I am working on the same bounty hunter for months, but have no time to finish him. I also wanted to use scale armor like Caps but did not want to pay 100$ for custom raw material. I went for full reptilian but your approach is better.
How did you do the claws?

No worries there, I got a bootleg for $20'ish. And I used epoxy resin for the claws. Thanks for the kind words! :)

Nice one Runnen ! Your Bossk rockss ! ;)
But to be honest the one I prefer is the chancellor guard, and a second place for Animated boba fett ! :p

Wasn't completely satisfied with the pictures yesterday because I felt the sculpting for the scales wasn't really showing properly, and a lot of detail gets lost between looking at something in your hand with your own eyes and translating that into a flat picture, I felt the pieces of green armor looked a bit like green blobs from a distance, so I added some texture and shadows to them with the magic of shoe polish!

I'm pretty happy with the result, since it also made the skin appear a shade darker and that's more in line with the character's colors.

Left is yesterday, right is today after shoe polish treatment.

NlfvgiK.jpg

The last bunch have gone to pretty good discounts on some import sites, so I think I'll wait 3PO out.

Out of curiosity, which import sites have you been looking at? I generally go right to BBTS because I'm paranoid about missing out on stuff, but if the discounts are good enough, I think I may start spreading my business around to save some cash.

Out of curiosity, which import sites have you been looking at? I generally go right to BBTS because I'm paranoid about missing out on stuff, but if the discounts are good enough, I think I may start spreading my business around to save some cash.

Well BBTS is just selling the US distributed figures; Amazon and B&N also get all of these movie realization figures for instance. But specifically I was talking about CDJapan. They're a pretty good site to deal with and discount stuff that sticks around. They had Jango, Maul, and the Shadowtrooper for like $55 or so before selling out. Amazon usually discounts these figures over time too; the $90 ones can routinely be had for $60-65 as long as you don't mind waiting.

Well BBTS is just selling the US distributed figures; Amazon and B&N also get all of these movie realization figures for instance. But specifically I was talking about CDJapan. They're a pretty good site to deal with and discount stuff that sticks around. They had Jango, Maul, and the Shadowtrooper for like $55 or so before selling out. Amazon usually discounts these figures over time too; the $90 ones can routinely be had for $60-65 as long as you don't mind waiting.

Cool. Thanks!

Back