Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's one of the best figures in this line!
cc01a494826265f20bccc18d1b5f94b7.jpg
I actually took off the shoulder guards and then just folded the pegs inside the joint. It looks much better (for me) that way.

I may be in the minority here, but I almost think the ko maul looks better than the real deal,( minus the face paint that needs to be put in). The ko doesn't have the shininess to it, which makes it look cooler

Definitely a beautiful Maul picture above, loving the diorama!

And this Sith Lord is the perfect introduction to another, Darth Nihilus has joined the ranks of my collection.

For those not familiar with his design..

LK99CTv.png

Darth Nihilus was a Sith Lord of the Old Republic. After his exposure to a mass shadow generator that destroyed the planet Malachor IV, he became a "wound in the Force" and was a walking abomination, able to draw the living force of all creatures and bleed entire planets dry. He became known as the Lord of Hunger and wreaked havoc across the galaxy. (This was in the video game Knights of the Old Republic II on PC).

I started from a Sohei Maul figure and did a repaint for the most part, modified the shoulderpads, completely resculpted the mask and modified it to add ornaments, and change the overall shape. Resculpted the head under the mask (mask is removable), and added the hooded cloak parts. The parchment piece on his shoulderpad bears the kanji for "Hunger" as part of a magical incantation.

6vHdAeQ.jpg

2My69Al.jpg

xsgeE2g.jpg

I wanted to give him a more battle-ready look over his flowing long robes that are in most depictions, though he has also been drawn with a shorter robe and armor underneath depending on the artists. I also intended to keep the characteristic shape of the "Sohei Mask" Maul had, while also modifying it enough to look like the Nihilus mask, that's why it still has the "horns" on the sides because I want all my Sith Sohei to look like demons with different masks. Another "artistic choice" was to keep the bony look for the mask, while some depictions have it completely smooth, others choose to make it look like an actual skull and I favored this look for this creation as I found it scarier and more intimidating to his enemies.

I'm probably going to fashion a Sith Holocron to add in his empty palm at some point but until I find inspiration on how to create that, I wanted to share it with you folks. :)

I'm probably going to work on more Sohei Maul reworks, possibly a Savage Opress custom, and most definitely a Darth Revan at some point. Also leaning toward a Sith Stalker / Starkiller custom figure. Leave some comments if you like it :)

My snowtroopers are at the post office awaiting pickup. I'll grab them in the morning. Can't wait to add them to the army.

I realized that I had already ordered the snow trooper from Big In Japan after I ordered one from Nippon-Yasan. Oh well. :(

1. Troopers work best in pairs

2. With two you can display one with the cannon and face mask on and on with the face mask off

Back