Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I thought I'd add a shot of all my customs so far, and definitely more coming soon!

muxgHgx.jpg

Left to right front : Death Trooper, Emperor's Shadow Guard, Captain Phasma, Dengar, Zuckuss
Center Back : AT-AT and AT-AT Driver

The picture was taken under natural lighting in late afternoon so it's not very detailed but I'll add some better lit and better quality shots of each of those in my own thread in the Star Wars Customs forums, if anyone's interested (Runnen's Customs thread, so as not to spam this one anymore).

Enjoy!

And I thought I'd add a shot of all my customs so far, and definitely more coming soon!

Left to right front : Death Trooper, Emperor's Shadow Guard, Captain Phasma, Dengar, Zuckuss
Center Back : AT-AT and AT-AT Driver

The picture was taken under natural lighting in late afternoon so it's not very detailed but I'll add some better lit and better quality shots of each of those in my own thread in the Star Wars Customs forums, if anyone's interested (Runnen's Customs thread, so as not to spam this one anymore).

Enjoy!

Man, so much to say! Excelent work. You are improving with each your project.
You got the hang of scratchbuidling, now I advise you to buy a small model making brush and experiment with coloring details.

Whats the line for the horse and where did you buy it? I am looking for the right horse for AT-AT and X-wing for months.

Regarding my 88, it is not original at all. Some time ago member Enki wrote his view on SW japanification. I am just putting it to reality :)
I would like to go more technological/robotic with 88, but in my opinion it is not in the spirit of this line. Steampunk is not feudal Japan. Look for artist Sillof and his SW figures. He has several SW lines and his Samurai one is great. His droids are great. Short fat man in white and blue kimono and the tall skinny bold man in yellow are pure genius. This is what I am aiming for.

Anyway hat down for AT-AT

Man, so much to say! Excelent work. You are improving with each your project.
You got the hang of scratchbuidling, now I advise you to buy a small model making brush and experiment with coloring details.

Whats the line for the horse and where did you buy it? I am looking for the right horse for AT-AT and X-wing for months.

Regarding my 88, it is not original at all. Some time ago member Enki wrote his view on SW japanification. I am just putting it to reality :)
I would like to go more technological/robotic with 88, but in my opinion it is not in the spirit of this line. Steampunk is not feudal Japan. Look for artist Sillof and his SW figures. He has several SW lines and his Samurai one is great. His droids are great. Short fat man in white and blue kimono and the tall skinny bold man in yellow are pure genius. This is what I am aiming for.

Anyway hat down for AT-AT

Oh yea, I would go with crest on helmet and not with putty ridge. Also maybe fill the gaps in Boba chest armor.

Thanks for all the kind words and compliments, means a lot to me, took years for me to get started down this path but now I'm hooked to repurposing and building stuff to add to my collections, and it's thanks to forums such as this one and people such as you guys.

@Zkuva : the horse is a Planet of the Apes figure, and comes with a rider named Thade. I ditched the rider but may use parts for some other projects maybe. I bought it on eBay from some previous owner, it was loose but didn't matter since I was repainting and modifying it.

Oh yea, I would go with crest on helmet and not with putty ridge. Also maybe fill the gaps in Boba chest armor.

I tend to modify designs here and there but the AT-AT helmet is one of my favorite designs in Star Wars so I didn't want to modify it too much and keep it mostly intact except for the back neck cover of course.

The gaps in the armor I kept on purpose to give it a more ornate look because a plain flat chestplate seemed a bit more boring to me.

I'll definitely need to grab a tiny paintbrush for some of those details though because my brushes are all busted and I had to use a needle dipped in paint for some of those details haha.

Amazing work, especially the AT AT! Was the base part of the horse set? And how'd you do he snow effects?

By the way, has anyone considering using some parts from the toybiz LOTR line for this? I know they're not samurai but a lot of those parts would work

Thanks a lot for the kind words, everyone! I'm going to start working on my next projects and will post pictures as they move along, still have many concepts I want to do.

@paintpot : Yes the base is part of the horse figure, he's just stuck onto it with slots into the hooves. I simply sprayed some spray glue onto the base and sprinkled some snowy stuff we had originally picked up for Christmas decorations. Tadaaa.

I took a chance at MCM London Comic-Con and picked up a Royal Guard from the Japan-Cool stall.

The joints are relatively strong/stiff, except for one of the shoulder armour pieces, and a couple of the blue dots of paint on the opposite shoulder piece are misaligned.

I think it's a legit one, and if not, I'll definitely message both Japan-Cool and MCM.

Here's a couple pics and whatnot:

SHpIBGH.jpg

wYFPiSl.jpg

F16nt8k.jpg

I took a chance at MCM London Comic-Con and picked up a Royal Guard from the Japan-Cool stall.

The joints are relatively strong/stiff, except for one of the shoulder armour pieces, and a couple of the blue dots of paint on the opposite shoulder piece are misaligned.

I think it's a legit one, and if not, I'll definitely message both Japan-Cool and MCM.

In my experience, the bootleg Akizonae Royal Guard figures just.. explode as you take them out of the package. My first one lost both legs, one arm and both shoulderpads just removing it from its plastic tray. So if its only issue here is that the shoulderpad is a tad loose, I'd say odds are it's a legit one. :D

Anyway, great addition to your collection. I love mine, always liked the design of those characters in the movies, and the red adds a nice touch of color to the mostly black and white collection. I'm about to start working on a resculpted blue custom based on this figure for a Senate Guard myself, after the Emperor's Shadow Guard repaint I did already.

In my experience, the bootleg Akizonae Royal Guard figures just.. explode as you take them out of the package. My first one lost both legs, one arm and both shoulderpads just removing it from its plastic tray. So if its only issue here is that the shoulderpad is a tad loose, I'd say odds are it's a legit one. :D

Anyway, great addition to your collection. I love mine, always liked the design of those characters in the movies, and the red adds a nice touch of color to the mostly black and white collection. I'm about to start working on a resculpted blue custom based on this figure for a Senate Guard myself, after the Emperor's Shadow Guard repaint I did already.

Well that's a relief to hear! It's definitely a solid piece.
4AOzGxZ.jpg

The Archer is $64 on Amazon right now. The price dipped fast, considering it, not sure if it'll be cheaper anytime soon.

It's legitimate, I purchased one from a trusted source and mine has the same issues.

Back