TALK TO DA HAND! T3 Arnie 1/1 bust build up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godaiking

Super Freak
Reaction score
I took the plunge and bought one of the T3 laser scanned resin Arnie busts floating around Ebay. After a week or so, here's what I have done:

t31.jpg

t32.jpg

t33.jpg

Still have ALOT more to do. I have eyes on order, need to do some more painting and washing on the skin tone, need to add hair (I have a wig for him) and brows and a shirt.

Still, I like it. I may buy another and sell this one later.

-Joe

That's looking great!!! Very nice bust. Looking forward to seeing this when you have finished.

This is awesome any chance you take commisions? Also what did you use for the skin tone? Airbrushed or handpainted? And what color tones? Sorry for the 20 questions hehehe.

Looks like Arnie, but the hair will make or break it.

This thread says "build up". Does assembling the glasses to his face count as a build up?:lol

If you painted that, that is some fine work. You should research the electro-static hair application technique and give the man some hair.

This thread says "build up". Does assembling the glasses to his face count as a build up?:lol

If you painted that, that is some fine work. You should research the electro-static hair application technique and give the man some hair.

"electro static hair application"? I need to look that up. Thanks for the comment bro (love your sig too)

Anyhow, I got a nice wig for him. It even has the same hair line as Arnold. Just need to do some trimming, styling and positioning. Luckily, my mom is a hair stylist so I can get some pointers. ;)

Here's a pic of arnie with his wig on.

arniehair.jpg

Plan on doing a T2 Stage 4 or 5 custome with this sculpt too in the near future. Should be a cinch (or close to it).

And, yep I do commissions (need to pay for my crap!). Just PM me if you have anything you need painted. I have other painting examples too.

-Joe

I'm curious as to how you'll achieve Arnolds hairstyle with a wig. Because wigs have gaps that aren't usually visible but the shorter you cut the length of the hair the more obvious those gaps will become.

I'm curious as to how you'll achieve Arnolds hairstyle with a wig. Because wigs have gaps that aren't usually visible but the shorter you cut the length of the hair the more obvious those gaps will become.

It's not easy. Anywho...here's my current progress:

arnha2.jpg

arnha1.jpg

Mounted part of the wig. Didn't take to long. Plus did a quick comb job. Doing the sideburns and other areas maybe a bit tricky.

Tomorrow, I'll go full out on the hair (shampoo, blow drying, cutting, hairspray etc). Wish me luck (I think this is the hardest part of the bust!).

-Joe

sweet.looks great.good luck on the hair.maybe you can give me a haircut after:lol:lol

It's not easy. Anywho...here's my current progress:

arnha2.jpg

arnha1.jpg

Mounted part of the wig. Didn't take to long. Plus did a quick comb job. Doing the sideburns and other areas maybe a bit tricky.

Tomorrow, I'll go full out on the hair (shampoo, blow drying, cutting, hairspray etc). Wish me luck (I think this is the hardest part of the bust!).

-Joe

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7FnAV1XbfKE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7FnAV1XbfKE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7FnAV1XbfKE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7FnAV1XbfKE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Morrie's wigs! :lol:lol:lol:lol

Back