Tales of the New Republic???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's real I doubt it's official. Lucas Animation has been pretty upfront about its future plans and has only mentioned Clone Wars. Plus the site is registered to Tucows...

Outlander said:
If it's real I doubt it's official. Lucas Animation has been pretty upfront about its future plans and has only mentioned Clone Wars. Plus the site is registered to Tucows...

Actually its just registered through Tucows, but the owner of the domain isn't listing because of this:

[whois.tucows.com]
IP Address: 128.121.95.55
Maximum Daily connection limit reached. Lookup refused.

Too many people tried today I guess....

EDIT: I did a whois directly through tucows and it is privately registered:

Whois info for, talesofthenewrepublic.com:

Registrant:
Perfect Privacy LLC
303 Peachtree Center Ave
Atlanta, GA 30303
US

Last edited:
an update from TFn

As we reported earlier, a website called Tales of the New Republic has popped up on the internet, advertising what appears to be a CGI Star Wars cartoon. The full site is due to go live on Friday 25th May—which, as I'm sure you don't need to be told, is the thirtieth anniversary of Star Wars.

The obvious question is whether this is official Star Wars stuff, or if it's simply a high-quality fan-film.

Here's what we've been able to work out so far.

* The style of the cartoon is the same as that of the official Gentle Giant character maquettes, which you can see here (that connection seems to have been made first on the Slashboing blog).

* In addition, the "Star Wars Animated" logo that appears on the website also appears on the packaging and bases of the maquettes.

* So either some film-making fans are being very cheeky and stealing the logo and visual style of the official maquettes, or else the maquettes were some very sneaky advertising for the series.

* The animation uses LightWave 3D, and is headlining the news ticker on the software's official site. From a quick browse, it seems clear that much of the site's content is tied up with high-level professional use, on movies and TV series like 300 as and Stargate: Atlantis, but I don't know if that would exclude a fan-film.

* Attempts to track down the ownership of the URL talesofthenewrepublic.com takes you from InterNIC, via TUCOWS, both standard registration sites, to a company called Perfect Protection LLC, who seem to specifically exist to prevent people ID'ing the real owners of URLs. Again, I don't know if this would exclude the possibility that this is a fan-film.

* The images in the trailer feature Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Wedge Antilles, but not Han Solo. Now, a few months back, we reported on a rumour that Harrison Ford had turned down some sort of Star Wars sequel, which would fit in with Han's apparent absence. The report was quickly dismissed, however, and this could easily be just a coincidence.

So, what's the final analysis? This certainly could be a real new piece of official Star Wars storytelling—there's nothing in all this that conclusively rules it out; but as yet, it would still be pure speculation to suggest that's what it was.

The alternative, of course, is that this is the work of some creative fans, perhaps trying to be deliberately mysterious in the hope of generating some hype about their new fan-film....

We'll bring you more on this story as we have it!!

The images have changed since last night.

Now, there's one of Mon Mothma with 3-PO.

Mara Jade.

Pilot looking suspicous.

Last edited:
Honestly, this "New Republic" looks horrid. I'm really hoping its not official because I know that LFL can put out better than this.

GabRaz said:
Isn't that Baron Fel??

Yes, the filename on that image is SWA_Fel_01.jpg.

The Mike said:
Honestly, this "New Republic" looks horrid. I'm really hoping its not official because I know that LFL can put out better than this.

To each their own, but I love it.

A pic of Nrin now, if this is about Rogue Squadron it's awesome. Though it would have been even cooler if it was about the squadron from the books (Horn, Darklighter,....), I guess the comics are an easier format to follow......awesome none the less.

Updated again:

https://www.talesofthenewrepublic.com/

SWA_X-Wing_02.jpg

Still interesting me. I wish CW was never taken from the Gendy CN team, but whatever. I'm a mo for cartoons, if this airs, I'll watch.

Trailer is up now. It's OK, some of the stuff looks nice but some of it looks bad. And overall the actual animation (making the models actually move around) looks really bad. This is hosted from the Newtek site which made Lightwave 3D which is what this is made with, so I'm guessing by that and also how it['s not mentioned by any official Star Wars thing that it's just something by Lightwave users and not some official new series. Especially since the trailer sucks really bad.

Back