'Tales of the gold Monkey'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelpig

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know its not 'technically' Indiana Jones but as an 80's TV homage its become much loved by the fans.
I'm planning a Jake Cutter Custom & I can source everything needed apart from a good sculpt of Stephen Collins.

https://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/blogPhoto.php?blog=animeblog&blogid=884

He played Decker in Star trek the motion picture as well and Mego did some 12" figures, as far as I know thats the only 1:6 likeness of him.
If anyone knows of a look-a-like sculpt or one that exists, I'd be really grateful to know about it.

It really would make acool custom.

Yeah know it well, but sadly no-ones updated it for years, shame really its a good resource.

Hey rebelpig, I actually started on this about a year ago. Haven't got any further than the pics I'm attaching, but hopefully it will help. I decided to go with the look of Jake in the khaki pilot pants, NOT tucked into the boots, with the black button-up instead of the white pullover. Prefer him in the WWII pilot look instead of the 'pseudo-Han Solo' look.

Can't remember which head I grabbed, it was a Dragon head though. I thought it looked the closest to Stephen Collins, just needs the divot on the chin, an overall repaint (to fix the brows, add some stubble shading, etc.), but the dimple/cheek structure seemed the closest to me. Good to start at least.

The pictures of the outfit on the figure are just on the 'Gary Sinise' looking True-Type, so don't pay attention to that head. Got most of the outfit from Ebay and Toy Anxiety. Still have to re-color the Bowman pilot hat from brown to the light khaki, but hopefully overall it gives you an idea of what I've done with mine so far. Still lots of work to do but the pieces are there at least. Good luck with yours and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

:duff

5093688084_2e4de32c72_z.jpg

5093088135_e2941b6460_z.jpg

5093088187_751d8eca10_z.jpg

5093088215_f8dba380d4.jpg

5093088247_155ba8eecc.jpg

5093088297_6c7854f327.jpg

5093088329_055a5339a7.jpg

5093688368_c910025384.jpg

Thanks Indiana, thats just about as far as I've got too, although I haven't started putting it together yet.
Its the head thats bugging me, just have to keep looking! But yeah the one you've got is by far the closest I've seen yet.
I've even gotten my hands on a 1:6 scale Jack Russell !, just needs a repaint and an eye patch.
Now if I can only find the right head!!

Gold Monkey! I loved that show! OMHO better than Romancing the Stone, Alan Quatermaine, and the other multitude of Indiana Jones knockoffs.

HI All

rebelpig - mate looking forward to seeing Jack and what you do with Jake.

Indiana Fett - Great looking figure love what you have done and the HS sculpt looks good and as you said you just need to had the cleft.

And was just curious are you both going to add the flag/logo to teh back of the jacket, I'm not to sure but I think it might have been a flying tigers one.

Ron

That’s really cool, Great job so far!

Here's a shot of a fan made jacket

ttgm.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reference Spenser...it is indeed the Flying Tigers blood chit on the back of Jake's jacket. I have a 1/6 version I got from War-Toys or something that I still have to add to my jacket.

And thanks for the comments everyone. rebelpig, can't wait to see how yours is shaping up! P.S., thanks for the Jack link. Looks like a good addition...just have to make an eye patch for him. :rock

Looks like its just under 2" tall, may be a little big, there is a smaller one too but he's atouch 'furry'. Will keep you posted if I find another.

Got Hold of a Steven Collins sculpt (Mego Decker head, Have shrunk it) and am currently re-sculpting it, may be a disaster, may work, too early to tell. Everything else is done, outfit, accessories and jack!

Ps Finished Quatermain pics soon.

That's great, I remember i was shocked when the chubby guy died in one episode!!!!! I was so sad (I think he died in an explosion or something) Maybe the actor wanted a raise so the writers erased him from the story :(

One of my all time favorite shows when I was growing up and now one of my most watched DVD sets. I would grab up a Hot Toys version of Jake Cutter with Jack in a heartbeat!

Back