T4 DVD question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score
On 23/11/2009 PLAY.COM is releasing the Terminator Salvation exclusive steelbook edition DVD. It seems it has 1 disk only, so it probably wont have lots of bonus features in it if not any. Since there's not much of a selection, should I just buy this edition or wait for an eventual better one?

Why not get the 3 disk Blu Ray?

You can pre-order it from Wal-Mart for $15.32!

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12518775

Disc 1: Theatrical Version of "Terminator Salvation"; "WB Maximum Movie Mode"; "Focus Points"; "Re-Forging the Future"; "The Moto-Terminator"; Disc 2: Director's Cut of "Terminator Salvation"; "Resist or Be Terminated" Video Archive; "'Terminator Salvation' Official Movie Prequel Digital Comic Issue #1"; BD-Live Media Center: "My Commentary" and "Live Community Screening"; Disc 3: Digital Copy of " of "Terminator Salvation" Theatrical Version; English, French and Spanish Subtitles.

Did they move the release date up?? I thought it was coming out on 12/1/09.

U.S. stores still list it as 12/1. I'm eager to pick this and Public Enemies on DVD, hope the DVD set has some nice extras too and not just all on BR.

i'd get the blu ray 3 disc or wait for a better version. dvds are quickly becoming obsolete and new extras are coming out continually

Why not get the 3 disk Blu Ray?

You can pre-order it from Wal-Mart for $15.32!

https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12518775

Disc 1: Theatrical Version of "Terminator Salvation"; "WB Maximum Movie Mode"; "Focus Points"; "Re-Forging the Future"; "The Moto-Terminator"; Disc 2: Director's Cut of "Terminator Salvation"; "Resist or Be Terminated" Video Archive; "'Terminator Salvation' Official Movie Prequel Digital Comic Issue #1"; BD-Live Media Center: "My Commentary" and "Live Community Screening"; Disc 3: Digital Copy of " of "Terminator Salvation" Theatrical Version; English, French and Spanish Subtitles.

*Sigh* I don't know, I don't have a Blue Ray disc player...

Nope, still coming out on 12/1/09.

DEFINATELY time to upgrade. Blu-Ray players are not that expensive.
Just make sure you've got an HD tv, otherwise there's no point.

Ye I got an HD TV, ye I'll take your advice for sure.

Blu-ray...my mortal enemy :D

I love all the extras on dvd sets and I absolutley hate the fact that we seem to get less and less on dvd and more and more on blu-ray. But I honestly dont think blu-ray quality is enough of a jump to warrant buying a player. Obviously its better I'm just not convinced its...er...better enough :)

Anyways it's looking increasingly like I'm running out of choice if I still want my beloved extras.

At least I can get a PS3 as part of the bargain. Even though I dont really want one...

Blu-ray...my mortal enemy :D

I love all the extras on dvd sets and I absolutley hate the fact that we seem to get less and less on dvd and more and more on blu-ray. But I honestly dont think blu-ray quality is enough of a jump to warrant buying a player. Obviously its better I'm just not convinced its...er...better enough :)

Anyways it's looking increasingly like I'm running out of choice if I still want my beloved extras.

At least I can get a PS3 as part of the bargain. Even though I dont really want one...

I have to disagree. A blu-ray movie, at 1080p, is far superior to a standard def dvd.

I have to disagree. A blu-ray movie, at 1080p, is far superior to a standard def dvd.
yea thats right because blue-ray was competition to HDDVD not standard DVD.

Standard DVD is for your average video buyer while Blue Ray is for your higher end buyers..

Thats kinda the same as betamax innit ?
Yea the exact same thing happened with BetaMax.. better picture but not what the average buyer wanted.

Hey guys maybe someone can answer this question... I have a HIDEF TV 50" flat screen and my PS3 is what I use for watching my movies. Let me say HELL YEAH BLURAY looks amazing while watching a movie in 1080P ESPECIALLY the DARK KNIGHT. But I was a bit disappointed when I compared my BLURAY T3 that is suppose to be 1080P to the STANDARD VERSION and I really don't see a whole hell of a difference. What gives. Thanks, Mike

Back