T-800 Version 2.0 Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freaks me out to see this. Hopefully it can be corrected and the solution shared.

He looks worse from the side than he does from the front. From head on, it looks like he's just aiming towards a fallen resistance fighter.

For comparison, here's what he looked like when I first got him in 2011.

p1020185.jpg

And here it was in February 2014. Looks like it hasn't leaned any further since that time.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure it's hard to make these 1:1 endos look bad being so impressive in person. Does the torso have any play at all, or is it totally rigid?

My Brundlefly maquette did this. Had no sign of and cracks or stress fractures. Ended up just smashing the thing up.

It's pretty rigid with no stress cracks.

Can the arms be mounted in a way that they are both over top of and behind his head? Maybe leaving him like that for a period of time would reverse the lean backwards. Then pose him with the guns in a neutral more balanced pose later to prevent the lean from happening again. IDK just an idea.

Can the arms be mounted in a way that they are both over top of and behind his head? Maybe leaving him like that for a period of time would reverse the lean backwards. Then pose him with the guns in a neutral more balanced pose later to prevent the lean from happening again. IDK just an idea.

It's possible, but I'd have to rearrange the living room to accommodate this. I'm going to see what SS says first. I appreciate the suggestion though.

It's possible, but I'd have to rearrange the living room to accommodate this. I'm going to see what SS says first. I appreciate the suggestion though.

I wouldn't want to do that, whatever it giving out would only get weaker going back and may break completely. I like the idea of no support, but the more of these cases I see the more leery I get.

I hope Sideshow help you out with this problem, it's not an isolated incident. EVERY one I have seen has this lean. To me it seems the two Guns put a lot of load on the front of this statue causing the lean. It's not engineered properly!

but where on the endo is it actually leaning? Hard to fix the problem if you can't pinpoint where the lean starts

Sorry to hear that man!
The cannons are way lighter than the 1:1 prop replica but I guess it wasn't enough for yours.
I've had mine displayed for 2 years without problems but my cannons have been pointed down so I don't take an eye out or worse with them.
I'm going to check it real closely later though.

The only thing I can think of that may be causing it may be that the resin component of the polystone material may not have cured 100% correctly (or the mix was not quite right), resulting in a slight softness of the material, and therefore causing the item to warp / change because of gravity over time.
This is however a guess on my part based on the statement that there are no visible stress fractures, cracks or anything immediately obvious.

Hmmm Mine looks fine.
There is a rod with threaded ends in it's lower back. I wonder if yours bent or is loose.
Bottom nut is under his but.
The top nut is kinda hidden and you have to dig for it with your hand.

Hmmm Mine looks fine.
There is a rod with threaded ends in it's lower back. I wonder if yours bent or is loose.
Bottom nut is under his but.
The top nut is kinda hidden and you have to dig for it with your hand.

Can you please take a photo of where I can find the top nut?

If it's loose I guess you could feel it from the bottom nut but I checked both ends on mind.
You can try to stick your hand where the arrow is pointing kinda from a back or side angle.

400060-t-800-endoskeleton-010.jpg

If it's loose I guess you could feel it from the bottom nut but I checked both ends on mind.
You can try to stick your hand where the arrow is pointing kind from a back angle.

View attachment 196991

I definitely recall some play with that rod as far as vertically, so maybe indeed it's just loose on the top end. Too busy for the next few days to mess with it, but will definitely employ my international confidential secretary's smaller hands to help dig for it.

Back