T-800 Polystone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rabidwolverine21 said:
from a distance it looks pretty good but just something isnt right about that face

Yeah, good from far but far from good.

I do like the rest of the piece though.

To celebrate the 15th Anniversary of this modern classic film, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the first T-800 statue to include Arnold Schwarzenegger's authorized likeness. The T-800 has been captured as he appeared in the battle at the Cyberdyne offices, as he methodically disarms and disables the police & security forces sent to stop him. The T-800 is cast in solid, high-quality polystone, and is mounted on a display base featuring the Cyberdyne logo. Don't miss your chance to add the quintessential T2 statue to your collection!

:confused: :confused: :lol

low opinion of himself

Passing on this, not looking right to me, probably another failure in SSC paint apps or lousy in house photography because Ray's sculpt looks excellent.

SSC, Make a good PF and I'm in...

Last edited:
posted by Ray over at Statue forums

Arnold_heads.jpg

I'm such a Terminator freak that I will get it regardless of what his face looks like. It may change and I can always cancel it. But I probably won't! I don't mind the face at this time. I love this piece... he's freakin' holding a GE Mini-gun! "That's a goddamn mini-gun!" :D

But please, Sideshow Collectibles, please dont hesitate to make a Arnold as he appears in Terminator 2: Judgement Day as a Premium Format Figure!

I think the face is great--there's just a slight problem with the eyes. They are a little dark and recessed a bit dramatically. Forgive the rushed Photoshop, but I think that without looking at the eyes, the overall facial sculpt is quite well done:

t2statueup9.jpg

With glasses, the face looks like Arnold to me!!

However, the eyes are the window to the soul and when they aren't close to perfect they affect the whole thing.

I think that the pose itself is completely perfect and captures the character in one of the most memorable moments from the film. That shootout was a highlight in a movie full of highlights.

Hey Detroit,

FRANKENARNIE!!!!!!

lol

Not even Josh can say this one looks good. Unpainted version looks great though. Nice Ray!

It's the eyes that really throw it for me. Too bad... I was expecting to buy this. I do love the sculpt, Ray.

Personally I like it, and would expect the final to be a bit nicer. Love the pose and the moment! :D

Just a question though, why do both Wolvie and now T2 have these huge bases, does Ray prefer them?! :confused:

Tact. Look it up folks.

This sculpt is fantastic Ray. With a pitch-black color scheme it's really hard to see all the incredible detail in this piece... Glad to see the unpainted shots, incredible work as usual. :rock

Yes the unpainted looks amazing... a wonderful likeness. I guess its either the paint apps or lighting that throws it off. That's why its so nice to be able to see the raw sculpts since the combo of paint and lighting is so finicky.

Haw........ i wonder if repaint would help...... those eyes are just so wrong!
The sculpture is nice but somehow it made him look more of a pre-historic man

Sculpt looks 10/10 but there is something wrong with the paint but this could be just the lighting.

I got my 14" Chucky last night and loved Sideshows photos on their site but just having it in my room with different lighting made it look even better.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

When I first saw this it didn`t Wow me as I thought it might, the face is off. Not 100% sure on the choice of base either (1:1 endo arm base?)
After looking at the pics of it unpainted that Ray provided, I`m thinking `WOW!` (Awesome Ray) and the face looks spot on. Looks like it could just be poor paint apps or possibly poor pics.
Now I`m not sure whether to order it or not.

I don't think the final product looks that great either because of the face. Predominantly, it's the paint application. However, the face sculpt is also not what I expected because of the eyes being too droopy. Also, is it just me or does his forehead look too elongated?

So far, the Legendary Scale bust has the best likeness so far. Both the statue and 12 inch figure are lacking in the facial likeness.

Just my $0.02

Well I like the sculpt just fine. In fact, I think its awesome!! The paintjob looks a little lacking, but perhaps it'll look better in person than on those pics. We all know that alot of SideShow products look less crappy in hand :lol

Anyway, here's the rest of the shots of the T-800 by Ray:

Arnold7.JPG
Arnold8.JPG

Arnold9.JPG
Arnold10.JPG

Arnold11.JPG
Arnold12.JPG

Arnold13.JPG

As you can see, its awesome! :chew

Back