Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that definitely looks like what's happened, could possibly be an easy fix somehow to strip some of the paint off

do they show you replacement statue for approval before sending it?

I have heard on other forums that when collectors in HK (collectors there are notoriously picky btw) go to the HT headquarter there for exchange, very often the 'replacement' is another already returned figure so the QC is usually no better.

Nah Sideshow don't do that, only for parts they inspect them before sending out. If they're sending you a new statue, they send you a sealed one. It's hit and miss. I've had replacement pieces before and sometimes the replacement is better, but sometimes the replacement has issues too.

No idea what goes on in Hot Toys HQ but I doubt they are sending out returned figures with QC issues, as they know they'll be receiving them straight back anyway.

I would ask SSC to open the replacement and check the hands BEFORE sending it to you. If they refuse, I'd ask for a full refund, and for the entire QC department to have bowling balls dropped on each hand (their own hands, not the maquette's) from a height of 6'.

I would ask SSC to open the replacement and check the hands BEFORE sending it to you. If they refuse, I'd ask for a full refund, and for the entire QC department to have bowling balls dropped on each hand (their own hands, not the maquette's) from a height of 6'.

They've told me the replacement will be thoroughly check before sending and it was worse than the original (Big Chap LSB).

Maybe scratching with a sharp needle-like item? Just sharpen some edges?

I think perhaps using a cotton swab with a dab of paint thinner could work in removing excess paint. This is just a guess however, I haven't the slightest clue about statue painting etc.

Those hands don't look good. Darn. :( I was starting to like the statue, but I think I'll wait for Prime 1 version.

They've told me the replacement will be thoroughly check before sending and it was worse than the original (Big Chap LSB).

SMILEYRimshot-1.gif

It's a brilliant statue the details are fantastic, way better than their last efforts the hands don't really bother me that much to be honest

I thought they all had crap hands though? As in, it's not a QC issue, but rather the sculpt is just crap. I think the issue with the hands is that the entire thing is one cast, as opposed to all the fingers and joints being individual pieces glued together. I think had they done that, the hands would've looked perfect.

It's a shame because the rest of the sculpt is fantastic.

He has a perfectly sculpted build up of dirt and ash on his hands from digging around the wasteland looking for a rifle. I thought that was perfectly obvious!

Yea i just dont understand it I get that they made them that way for easy production but at this scale there is no excuse. even the proto looked really odd and unnatural with the pose they chose

Back