Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this or any other premium format would never be $250, I was simply stating that i personally would be upset if I paid anything over that. I wasn't necessarily asking how the light up features work, I was asking how they were in regards to quality. I know some SS products have had issues with electronics and what not. I personally don't like the pose, it ruins it for me. I understand that some people are happy with a duller looking endo too, but I would've preferred a shinier finish. Again I'm just being nit picky, if you and others that own it like it then that's all that really matters. I'm just disappointed, I think SS can do better.

Ah ok, fair enough man. Look I was pretty bummed out when I first got it, as it wasn't what I was expecting initially, but it has grown on me. My only real complaint with it was the silver paint used, but it seems to be dependant on light as it looks awesome in daylight. Paint finish is subjective. Plenty here like the shiny chrome look, personally I don't as it never looked super shiny in the films. For me the ideal finish is something in between. I really love the finish used on the recent life size bust...that finish would have been perfect for this.

The quality of the light up features is good IMO. The pose, while not my first choice, is actually OK in person. I'm used to seeing fairly static endos, so this is a nice change I guess. The dynamic nature of it makes it cool to look at. It does look a little strange from side on, but from the front it looks great. There's plenty who hate it though so you're not alone there, it's just something that grew on me.

Sideshow definitely could have done better with this, but it is what it is. I really wanted a 1/4 scale endo in my collection and this is probably the best available overall IMO. Next up will be Prime 1 and if they get that right I'll be buying that too.

Contemplating contacting Sideshow about my QC issues that everyone pointed out in my pics lol. Just annoyed given what this cost me...
Go for it. You're right, for the price I would want to be 100% satisfied too. Feel free to use any of my pics posted if you want to send them an example of where the lights should reflect on the statue.

This piece is uber disappointing...
How can the same company that produced Thanoes put out this mess!? It really shows that certain pieces take priority from developing to QC. I’m sure no one will receive a Thanoes with a fingerprint on his face or a jacked up nose. Terrrible...

This piece is uber disappointing...
How can the same company that produced Thanoes put out this mess!? It really shows that certain pieces take priority from developing to QC. I’m sure no one will receive a Thanoes with a fingerprint on his face or a jacked up nose. Terrrible...

There's been QC issues with Thanos as well, reported on Facebook. The bit on the nose looks like excess plastic from the mold.

Thanks man, I will :) you gonna keep yours?
Yeah I have no issues with mine and I'm overall pretty happy with it. I might have preferred a higher standing pose and better exclusive for the price like a switch out gun arm or even some skulls to litter the base with but other than that it's fine.

I'm sure Sideshow is planning another 1:4 scale endo in a much better posed, 100% accurately detailed, heavy as **** pure polystone, chromed version holding a rifle to be announced any day now at a price nobody will be able to argue. Until then I'll hang on to this one. :wink1:

Yeah I have no issues with mine and I'm overall pretty happy with it. I might have preferred a higher standing pose and better exclusive for the price like a switch out gun arm or even some skulls to litter the base with but other than that it's fine.

I'm sure Sideshow is planning another 1:4 scale endo in a much better posed, 100% accurately detailed, heavy as **** pure polystone, chromed version holding a rifle to be announced any day now at a price nobody will be able to argue. Until then I'll hang on to this one. :wink1:

that's good man. Did you end up fixing that jaw piston?

I sent SSC two photos and asked for a refund. I received the pre-paid shipping label. When they get the maquette, I'll have my full refund in 1-2 days.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I contacted SS and sent photos of the base light shining everywhere except the front of the endo and the eyes light shinning through the skull and they said they would swap it out. SS sent a shipping label and also said the red light of the skull shows through on all statues.

Its always something with endos lol even the old school endo wasnt without its issues both with the chrome and breakage.

Are the hands like this on everyone's endo (i.e. sausage fingers)? It's almost jarring, the difference in sculpt quality compared to the rest of the arm, which looks great.

Yes some might be better than others but its neca hands for everyone.

Got mine today and i am extremely happy with him.

Hands, face, lights are all fine for me, the base is extremely heavy and well built, the statute itself it light but nowhere near as bad as i thought and compared to the CC endo i had this is night and day, details are brilliant

Definite keeper!

Terminator222.jpg

Back