Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course they will light it in the best way possible. Hides the fact that they are cheaping out on everything.

its the paint it must have some small metal flakes and most likely depending on the angle of light or direction its bouncing off the flakes and making it look shinier. Great pics and makes me really want to pic one up now haha

I may end up picking this up down the road.
I will have to get used to the pose first.

That is what I basically see everytime I look at this.

Was about to post, "every time I just see a board and a wave under him" :/

its the paint it must have some small metal flakes and most likely depending on the angle of light or direction its bouncing off the flakes and making it look shinier. Great pics and makes me really want to pic one up now haha

Yeah it does, they've just covered a lot of it with weathering.

As for the pose, yes he does look like he's surfing in pics but in person you don't really notice it (well I don't anyway). He just looks menacing up close. The details are great.

Hey v8falcon, I noticed the light up feature on yours projects the orange light onto his chest area. Mine doesn't seem to do this. Do you know which of the 4 lights is projecting the light onto the chest? Just wondering if there is a fault with mine. One of the lights (the very first one in front) seems to point to nothing.

I thought I'd create these images to highlight which parts of the statue are polystone, as I've had some people ask me.

endo-maquette1.jpg

endo-maquette2.jpg

How do you know they are polystone? I still can't get over how much detail there is in the sculpture especially the chest area

How do you know they are polystone? I still can't get over how much detail there is in the sculpture especially the chest area

Because they feel different compared to the plastic parts, and they also sound different if you tap on those areas with your finger compared to the ABS areas. When you tap on the plastic parts, it makes a tin-type noise that is typical with ABS. When you tap on the polystone areas, it just sounds solid, no different to when I tap on polystone parts on my other statue.

While the figure is light, it would be far lighter if it was entirely ABS plastic. I've owned figures made of ABS including the Metal Gear Rex replica by ThreeA. It's an extremely light weight material.

Just before this shipped, I asked Sideshow what it was made of. They told me the main areas like chest, thighs etc were polystone with the smaller parts plastic. This coincides with my findings.

You'll understand what I mean when you get it. Just go over the same areas with your finger.

Hey v8falcon, I noticed the light up feature on yours projects the orange light onto his chest area. Mine doesn't seem to do this. Do you know which of the 4 lights is projecting the light onto the chest? Just wondering if there is a fault with mine. One of the lights (the very first one in front) seems to point to nothing.
I'm guessing by this pic that it's the one that seems to be most angled in that direction but I will test that tonight and get back to you.

20180108_1942212_zpsla9ggnes.jpg

yeah that light on mine seems to just point straight ahead so it doesn't hit the endo lol.
Hmm... so it's going between the legs? Does the wall behind him catch the light then? I have to say it's one of the nicer base lights I've seen so far. I like the slow pulsing effect and that it actually illuminates the statue to some degree. Most base lights do nothing for the statue when the room is dark.

I thought I'd create these images to highlight which parts of the statue are polystone, as I've had some people ask me.

View attachment 386650

View attachment 386651
Yeah those are the areas I figured too.When you think endoskeleton you think heavy but I think for a figure that by design has as much empty space throughout the core and limbs it's about what it should be in terms of polystone weight.

im not exactly sure what people are expecting as far as weight goes.. I mean an endo is a skeleton theres not a ton of mass there even tho it looks it. I remember people complained about the CC endo being light but most the parts are fairly thin even the chest is just a cover. The biggest and probably largest solid parts are the hips and lower spin

Anybody that has the original endo realizes there is a huge weight difference between the two.

Anybody that has the original endo realizes there is a huge weight difference between the two.

The original Endoskeleton Premium Format was made of metal and solid polystone. Of course it's going to be a lot heavier than this.

Most of Sideshow's current pieces are far lighter than those of old. It's a cost saving technique, as well as reducing the cost of shipping due to the increase in shipping costs these days.

Nevertheless, those parts I listed are definitely polystone and not plastic, but yes he is still light.

yea I do have that piece still and it does weight a ton, yea that weight is thetype of polystone used but I bet a big part of the weight is the added metal from the chrome plating

Back