Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They actually did pull a fast one after the time they promo'd this.
the-terminator-t-800-maquette-3001571-01.jpg
terminator-2-terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-maquette-sideshow-3001571-01.jpg

The paint app on the teeth is pretty lacking, and that's the one thing my eyes go to for whatever reason. :slap

1-8-2018 12-51-49 PM.jpg

To me it's overpriced for what it is. BUT, I don't think we should beat people up for wanting it in their collection. That seems to happen a lot now, and while we can criticize SS, we should be careful not to make people feel like they are dumb for wanting it. We need to still support each others collections.

And as far as plastic, most likely that is and will be the norm from now on. But that's another discussion.

Last edited:
Yup, obviously, everyone has the right to buy/collect whatever they want.
The flip side is if people continue to buy poorly executed items made with crappy materials nothing will change. Well actually things will only get worse.

I have one pre-order and only because I contacted SS to make sure it was polystone and not plastic seen on items £20 and under.

One thing that does look disappointing is that gap between the head and the light for the eyes so you can literally see in between the whole part where the head comes off!

Just some further notes after examining it further:

- As far as materials used, I believe the thighs, upper arms, chest piece, pelvis and spine are polystone. The rest plastic. While I did mention the plaque being plastic, examining it further, I don't think it is. It feels a bit too heavy to be ABS, but it certainly feels lighter than previous plaques I've had. Maybe it's just hollow.

The endo still light though, but I guess being a skeleton meant that it was always going to feel on the light side.

- yes, the light bleeds through the gaps on the head and it annoys the hell out of me. You don't notice any gaps with the light off though.

- the teeth actually look fine, but the paint apps don't show up well in a photograph. My first thought when I unboxed it was 'the teeth look pretty good'.

- the base is very nice, best part of the statue.

- the endo sculpt is pretty good, but the paint is just too flat for my liking. It lacks any sort of metallic shine, making it look plastic/toyish. They could have chosen a better paint here, not sure why flat silver was used.

I was really looking forward to this, but it's nowhere near worth the money for me. This cost me nearly 1k Australian. Not worth anywhere near that amount.

How do the hands look in person thats one of my biggest complaints with it and look almost Neca ish. Other than the pose it could be something I could live with i think judging from your pics. Having reward points available does make this easier to pull the trigger lol

How do the hands look in person thats one of my biggest complaints with it and look almost Neca ish. Other than the pose it could be something I could live with i think judging from your pics. Having reward points available does make this easier to pull the trigger lol

I'm going to be blunt here. They look crap up close lol. Your description of looking Neca-ish is spot on. I never noticed it before, but as I was looking over the sculpt I was like 'oh this looks pretty nice', then I got to the hands and I was like wtf lol.

I never thought the hands looked awkward personally, I just think the quality on them is average.

I really don't know what to do with this. While I'm sure some will be completely happy with it, I'm not. I was really looking forward to this piece to complete my final predator/alien/terminator display consisting of 1/4 scale pieces, but I'm pretty disappointed with it.

I feel like the only way I'll be happy is with a full repaint, but given what this cost me already, I'm reluctant to do that.

I really feel like the final product looks different to the production photos on Sideshow's website. Not sure if it's just camera work of lighting, but it definitely looks different to me. Has more of a wow factor in sideshow's pics.

Unfortunately, there isn't many options for 1/4 scale Endoskeletons. I owned the Hot Toys figure and in some ways that was better, but I like the headsculpt on Sideshow's better.

Well there’s you’re solution! Put Sideshows headsculpt on the Hot toys Endo. Just chrome the head, done!
I’m still getting this, I have Endo related issues.

Well there’s you’re solution! Put Sideshows headsculpt on the Hot toys Endo. Just chrome the head, done!
I’m still getting this, I have Endo related issues.

Lol wouldn't work. Honestly man, I hope you're really happy with yours. I just felt I needed to give an honest opinion on it. I've been really excited to get this piece, but it hasn't met my expectations. I hope it does for others.

Nothing wrong with being honest and im really not looking to diss this but it is what it is. I think I will order a regular. At least see it up close and maybe attempt to fix some things. 1/4 scale endos seem to be an ellusive thing lol. Had the hot toys and yea it was cool it felt very toyish to me.

Nothing wrong with being honest and im really not looking to diss this but it is what it is. I think I will order a regular. At least see it up close and maybe attempt to fix some things. 1/4 scale endos seem to be an ellusive thing lol. Had the hot toys and yea it was cool it felt very toyish to me.

Well that's it dude. It is what it is. I don't really diss pieces for nothing either, but I'm always honest.

I guess this just didn't have the wow factor I was hoping for. Normally when I see statues in hand, they look better than they do in pics. For me this was the opposite, so I felt a bit deflated.

If you can get one discounted, you might be happy enough with it. I'd probably be less critical if it wasn't as expensive as it is.

The materials don't even bother me. My biggest issue is the dull paint job. I just wish it was shinier/more reflective.

If I decide to keep it, I might try rubbing some wax on some parts to give it a bit of a sheen.

Regretfully, I saw this coming a mile away.
It always felt like not enough care was put into the project.

It is what it is at this point.
I hope Prime 1 Studios puts more effort into their final product.

Yes, absolutely. The sad part is, there's these metal parts on the base that have this metallic chromish paint on it, yet the statue is flat silver.

Regretfully, I saw this coming a mile away.
It always felt like not enough care was put into the project.

It is what it is at this point.
I hope Prime 1 Studios puts more effort into their final product.

I didn't, That's what makes it suck. The production photos had me excited.

To be honest, the stock photos do make it look a lot better. It's very misleading, as the final product looks almost like a knock-off version.

I seriously hope you find some form of resolution.

Back