Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened the box and...wait, what? I thought this was 'The Terminator' licence? Lol.

20180108_215330.jpg20180108_215330.jpg

Sigh.. I knew something was weird about the licensing, the box art in previous pics has the search results for John Connor from the scene in T2 where the T1000 searches the police car computer.. But so far I hadn't seen a T2 badge anywhere on the Sideshow promos etc. Oh well

Ok, just unboxed it, and I'm a little speechless to be honest. Not even sure if I want to take pics. I can't help but feel incredibly disappointed.

Whilst the base is solid and heavy, the endo itself is light as a feather. I think there's some polystone there, not sure, but the pistons and stuff feel like hollow plastic. He feels quite fragile.

The sculpt itself is nice and detailed, but the paint is flat silver. Nice weathering. I also can't seem to open the head for the batteries.

As it is, I feel pretty ripped off to be honest, especially considering in a live chat, sideshow told me that the body was mostly polystone with the smaller items like pistons being plastic. They aren't even solid plastic, but hollow. Hell, even the name plate is plastic!

I could probably forgive this if the paint was better, but it appears too flat to be honest. This looks like a piece best displayed in dark light.

Seems no one can make a solid endo anymore.

Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Gonna think this one over. I really want a 1/4 endo in my collection and not sure if anyone else is going to do a better one. Might have to bite the bullet and go with prime 1 and move up to 1/3 scale.

Nothing surprises me.
We all know it's gonna have many plastic parts and no chrome at all.
To me, the sharp detail and relatively good sculpts matter the most.

Nothing surprises me.
We all know it's gonna have many plastic parts and no chrome at all.
To me, the sharp detail and relatively good sculpts matter the most.

This is true mate. The sculpt is great, and there's no underbite on mine, so if that's all that matters to you, you'll be happy. I'll snap some pics.

It looks nice! But yeah the right arm is positioned wrong. Unless you were purposely going for a "Hi guys, here I am" thing. lol.

Looking really good. Personally I got nothing to complain based on general 'sideshow' ability&quality.

So... Sideshow use plastic, which is a more expensive process, to capture fine detail better?
A material found in hundreds of thousands 'cheap' toys & figures.

The plaque is plastic?! :rotfl

Looks ok, despite the pose, but once again price totally outweighs the product.

It looks nice! But yeah the right arm is positioned wrong. Unless you were purposely going for a "Hi guys, here I am" thing. lol.

I was just going for the 'I'm going to b-tch slap this motherf--ker' :lol:

in all seriousness, yeah, I realised after I took the pics I had the arm positioned wrong :slap:

I really, really like this. It sucks that its not polystone, but it looks very, very detailed and quite well painted. Love the weathering.

And yes, it is overpriced, as are most of Sideshows newer offerings.

xpl0sive, what is the total weight?

Just opened the box and...wait, what? I thought this was 'The Terminator' licence? Lol.

View attachment 386133View attachment 386133

Are you freakin' serious? I knew there were a lot of things wrong for this being a T1 endo, but the EXCLUSIVE name plaque says THE TERMINATOR. Unbelievable. I guess they figured with all the complaints/feedback they got about this and that being wrong, they just decided to make it T2 rather than correct anything. I should return this for false advertising now.

Hello.......anybody out there Sideshow? What am I supposed to do with this now. I'll take a $50 credit if you please.
terminator-2-terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-maquette-sideshow-3001571-01.jpg

Back