Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I totally thought that was the maquette when I saw just the legs in the other pic. :(

They teased this way too early.
Alex said it was nowhere near read last last year.

Supposedly it's going up for pre-order this summer/fall. I'm guessing the latter to coincide with the release of T2 3D.

Well that last bit may be true, but I've never seen any 3d movie that I've enjoyed, it adds nothing to the experience other than headaches for me. I'd much rather have a clear high definition version any day.

Well that last bit may be true, but I've never seen any 3d movie that I've enjoyed, it adds nothing to the experience other than headaches for me. I'd much rather have a clear high definition version any day.

Then you are missing out, there are not a lot of great 3Ds out there, but the ones that are more than make up for the extra effort. I assume your viewings were at a local theater? If they don't have it setup right it can look off and even cause headaches.

Nope, I went to some high end venues and paid through the teeth as is generally the case. I don't feel like I'm missing out, I really don't like 3d. It just adds nothing for me, I don't think I'm alone as it has been dying out for some time now it seems. Everybody is different of course. When they get the oculus rift or HCT Vive running with very high res in future, and tailer movies to work interactively with those, then I will be interested.

Nope, I went to some high end venues and paid through the teeth as is generally the case. I don't feel like I'm missing out, I really don't like 3d. It just adds nothing for me, I don't think I'm alone as it has been dying out for some time now it seems. Everybody is different of course. When they get the oculus rift or HCT Vive running with very high res in future, and tailer movies to work interactively with those, then I will be interested.

High end does not mean setup right either, I have had to get on my "high end" places here too once in a while when setup is not right(when a room full of others sit ignorant to the issue and think that is how it should look). Depends on the movie itself also, some are lackluster and others are awe inspiring. It is becoming less popular due to what I mentioned earlier(and the extra cost), the studios are really dropping the ball on content and a lot of people can barely afford regular ticket prices. I can't imagine how good some of the next gen stuff coming will be, but that won't be for a long time I expect. They already botched the UHD Blu format for home use, so who knows what they will do with the next wave.

3D certainly isn't "dying out." It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I worded that wrong, 3d of course isn't dead in a general sense. But in the form of the huge wave of 3d hype we had recently in cinema and tv, I guess kicking off big time with Avatar, the novelty has definitely warn off. Sky have cancelled their 3d channel, movies aren't really pushing it so hard and people don't really talk about it so much these days. I mean I don't mind, I wouldn't wish to steal your enjoyment just because I don't like it unless it interferes with the normal viewing experience, but some movies unfortunately did as items flew at the screen etc. That is of course the producers fault as Stingray points out, not the formats in general but it is unfortunate non the less. 3d will always be around, and it will find a new format to return with, VR being the best bet even if it may be a few years off. For now, we'll agree to disagree, I really dislike it, you two don't... And that's perfectly fine.

Back