Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They needed to add something, this piece just doesn't have that wow factor that an endoskeleton should have, especially at this price point. Here's hoping their T2 maquette is more impressive, IF that's even still going to be made. I wouldn't be surprised if the poor sales on this piece has insured that we'll never see the T2 version.

Yes, because THAT is what everyone was clamoring for, a lighted base, really makes me want to buy it now...

Reminds me of their terrible P2 Maquette, 50 different things they could have done to improve it and instead they just give you a head stand for the other poor headsculpt.:slap

I'm assuming that's a production piece? If so, I actually quite like it. Whilst I do wish it was chrome, I still think it turned out nice. I liked the scorched metal look, the weathering, the details look great and the light-up feature is a nice touch.

Yes don't understand the hate on this at all, this is the most detailed endo yet in my opinion and i own the CM version, the light up feature is fantastic!

Yes, because THAT is what everyone was clamoring for, a lighted base, really makes me want to buy it now...

Reminds me of their terrible P2 Maquette, 50 different things they could have done to improve it and instead they just give you a head stand for the other poor headsculpt.:slap

Well we all know damn well that SS wasn't going to fix the hunched over "taking a **** pose." Atleast they added something. And it's actually a really good idea, the statue as a whole just wasn't executed very well. Could you imagine an orange flickering effect on an actual metallic or chrome Endo as someone mentioned above? That would be awesome.

Wish everyone would get off the chrome thing. It didn't have a chrome look in the movie. I just went to see T23D and except for that close up shot of the head, the endos don't look chrome in that movie either, not that I needed to see the movie on the big screen again for the eighth time to tell me that.

Wish everyone would get off the chrome thing. It didn't have a chrome look in the movie. I just went to see T23D and except for that close up shot of the head, the endos don't look chrome in that movie either, not that I needed to see the movie on the big screen again for the eighth time to tell me that.

Maybe the night scenery doesn't make it stand out as much, but they most certainly were chrome. And the T1 endo was metallic paint I believe.

You can say this is tarnished chrome or dirty chrome or whatever chrome you want, it doesn't come across as chrome in the movie. How many people on this forum go to painstaking lengths to weather and modify figures and statues to make them look like they're supposed to?
terminator2-movie-screencaps_com-128.jpg
terminator2-movie-screencaps_com-130.jpg
terminator2-movie-screencaps_com-136.jpg
terminator2-movie-screencaps_com-139.jpg

That looks chrome to me. :huh Lighting has a lot to do with it.

Point being the actual screen used T2 endoskeleton puppets were vaccumized chrome.

You are correct about the props, but my original statement was that they don't have a chrome look in the movie. They reflect light, but they don't shine. They may as well be pewter, or brushed aluminum or stainless steel for all it matters. If a statue is trying to replicate an action scene from a movie, then it should look the same. I especially don't want my T1 endo being all shiny when it was never presented that way. This maquette may not represent the rising out of the fire scene completely, but it's not a fresh off the assembly line scenario either.

You are correct about the props, but my original statement was that they don't have a chrome look in the movie. They reflect light, but they don't shine. They may as well be pewter, or brushed aluminum or stainless steel for all it matters. If a statue is trying to replicate an action scene from a movie, then it should look the same. I especially don't want my T1 endo being all shiny when it was never presented that way. This maquette may not represent the rising out of the fire scene completely, but it's not a fresh off the assembly line scenario either.

Au9VoH4CEAABpIh.jpg

The pictures you posted are a prime example of how it looks chrome in the movie. I guess the late multiple Academy award winner Stan Winston and his team missed the memo. Too bad really, they wasted all of their hard work and effort when all they had to do was have the finish look like "brushed aluminum" or "stainless steel" and it would've achieved the same effect. :slap

Looks more like polished aluminium with weathering to me in those pics to be honest. I like the finish used on the lifesize endoskeleton bust...they should've used that finish on this. Had just the right amount of shine to it.

Anyway, it is what it is. i still like it, but will wait for in-hand pics before deciding whether I want to buy it or not.

Looks more like polished aluminium with weathering to me in those pics to be honest. I like the finish used on the lifesize endoskeleton bust...they should've used that finish on this. Had just the right amount of shine to it.

Anyway, it is what it is. i still like it, but will wait for in-hand pics before deciding whether I want to buy it or not.

I'm pretty sure you're joking but polished aluminum and chrome look VERY SIMILAR i doubt you'd be able to distinguish between the two. Brushed aluminum however is very dull and would not have nearly as much shine or reflective properties as seen in the pics above, especially at night.

I'm pretty sure you're joking but polished aluminum and chrome look VERY SIMILAR i doubt you'd be able to distinguish between the two. Brushed aluminum however is very dull and would not have nearly as much shine or reflective properties as seen in the pics above, especially at night.

Actually they are not that hard to tell apart, I have the same wheel in chrome and polished finish on 2 of my cars and they are very different. Brushed is very dull compared to them as you say, but can be shined up also. I had a desert eagle in that finish and while it looked good on that, it would not make a good endo finish and that is what this SS piece looks like it is trying to replicate to me.

I think my favorite finish is the Chronicle 1:1 endo figure, while not as reflective as chrome, it is still polished metal looking while also allowing the details to show up better that can sometimes be harder to pick out with chrome.

Finish isnt my issue, its that fooking surfing pose. He aint surfing in the print...
He trying to sneak out of the debris?
I imagine him seeing me, seeing him...then he just stops and thinks...if I dont move he wont see me. :lol

Lol nah not joking man. Chrome and polished alloy are easily distinguishable. While it's shiny, polished aluminium isn't as shiny as chrome and tends to dull quickly. I said it looks like polished aluminium with weathering as it doesn't look that shiny in those pics and looks dirty . Either way, it doesn't matter...its a pointless discussion, everyone wanted a shinier endo.

Lol nah not joking man. Chrome and polished alloy are easily distinguishable. While it's shiny, polished aluminium isn't as shiny as chrome and tends to dull quickly. I said it looks like polished aluminium with weathering as it doesn't look that shiny in those pics and looks dirty . Either way, it doesn't matter...its a pointless discussion, everyone wanted a shinier endo.

Like Grin said, finish wouldn't have saved this anyway...

Back