Statue T-800 Endoskeleton Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks really good from some angles, not so good from others. I like it, but both of the items it is displayed with are stealing all of the attention and drowning this out for me. I'll probably be buying both of those.

This could of been so good (non goofy legs and truck debris)...

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Terminator-001.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Terminator-002.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Terminator-003.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Terminator-004.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Terminator-005.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Terminator-006.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Terminator-007.jpg

Oh, and chrome.

It's really unfortunate they didn't go with a different pose. If it was posed a bit better I could live with the no chrome look because he just emerged from a firery wreck.

The finish looks very poor, even for the prototype. I could almost live with the odd choice of pose, but that finish looks very dull up close.

IMG_1429.jpg

This is almost identical to the sketch on the left (sans gun), character and base with lack of additional debris. The other two still have a humanistic feel to them. T-800 is scarry enough on its own so I dont need the gun for added effect. More of a chrome look might have been cool (at a higher cost I'm sure) but not a deal breaker for me.

Being pretty true to what was previewed from the start I still think it looks good.

The finish looks very poor, even for the prototype. I could almost live with the odd choice of pose, but that finish looks very dull up close.

I agree that the finish is a little dull. It needs to be a little shinier, but people have to stop with the chrome already. It did not look chrome in T1. From a practical stand point, why would Skynet chrome their endos? Chrome doesn't add anything to the product except make it look pretty. There would have been no advantage in it, and surely from a logical machine's point of view, it would have ben totally senseless.

I think people use the term chrome out of context at times. They probably simply mean metallic. A trait which is always hard to capture in pictures, you'd think this will look better in person but they clearly went for a very grimy look on this.

I think people use the term chrome out of context at times. They probably simply mean metallic. A trait which is always hard to capture in pictures, you'd think this will look better in person but they clearly went for a very grimy look on this.

You may be right, but some people don't even seem to be happy with a metallic look. I know some people were disappointed with the Chronicle endo bust That has a metallic finish without looking chrome. It's more gun metal grey than silver metallic. I just threw the T1 blu-ray in for the heck of it. The endo is shiny to some degree but also grimy. It has a smooth polished look, but definitely not chrome. I used to work in a plating factory. When you buff metal before plating, it's so smooth and shiny, most people would be hard pressed to tell it wasn't chrome.

Chrome was great for that super close up in T2. It looks amazing. It looks surgical and deadly. Some of the same people that are complaining about other inaccuracies on this are the same ones championing an inaccurate chrome finish. I was tickled to see that they simply got the caps right on the top of the skull.

Good news.

Hi Alex,

Just wanted to ask if the T-800 Endo maquette from T2 is still in the works when it was announced awhile ago? With the reveal of the T-800 maquette from T1 that just went up for order, I wanted to know if it is still coming? Or has the original T2 maquette been switched to the T1 maquette and we won't be seeing a T2 version. Please see pic of the initial T2 Endo announcement.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/preview_EndoskeletonMaqv02.jpg

Thank you in advance for the clarification.

It's still happening. This recent release just ended up being done before that one.

I'd be gutted if I'd just ordered this because I really wanted a 1:4 Endo. Anyone who was on the fence will surely hold back now, affecting sales.
Hope they make T2 better.

Back